Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 188

Thread: Terrorist found not guilty

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    yes, it's a given

    both holder AND obama have declared repeatedly that even if one of the terrorists walks outta civil court free he will still be detained

    http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/declas...ot-guilty.html
    Last edited by The Prof; 11-19-10 at 09:08 PM.

  2. #142
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,825

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    They would probably be laughing if they had already confessed to crimes worthy of 50 life sentences.
    I could get you to confess to raping and murdering your own (actually still living) mother if I waterboarded you long enough.

    Confessions obtained under torture are not acceptable in any civilized justice system, because there's a pretty high liklihood they aren't even accurate. People will do anything to get the torture to stop. If you want a system where torturing you to get you to confess is considered ok, I suggest moving to North Korea.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #143
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Race card much?
    It's called sarcasm.

  4. #144
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fly Over Country
    Last Seen
    11-25-10 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    85

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I take comfort in the fact that the "one charge" they got him on carries a minimum 20 year sentence and a max of life.
    It should carry a penalty of three small bullets to the base of the skull.

  5. #145
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Two points. 1. Thread that has gone way off topic is off topic.

    2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Your cuote describes your San Francosco's point of view to a tee.
    This is a really weak argument. It's something that the so called "real America" likes to spout. No part of this country is less American than other parts. No portion is "too liberal" to have an opinion, or "too conservative" to not be racists. We're one country, and until this kind of stupidity stops, we'll never get anything done. There are 310,736,000 of us. We are ALL Americans. No one is moreso than anyone else. Stop making this stupid argument.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #146
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Two points. 1. Thread that has gone way off topic is off topic.

    2.


    This is a really weak argument. It's something that the so called "real America" likes to spout. No part of this country is less American than other parts. No portion is "too liberal" to have an opinion, or "too conservative" to not be racists. We're one country, and until this kind of stupidity stops, we'll never get anything done. There are 310,736,000 of us. We are ALL Americans. No one is moreso than anyone else. Stop making this stupid argument.
    Google San Francico's liberal standings because I won't do it for you and make you look bad. You better back it up with results and not by your opinion.
    Walk the talk by your by your signature.
    Catch me if you can.

  7. #147
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Google San Francico's liberal standings because I won't do it for you and make you look bad. You better back it up with results and not by your opinion.
    Walk the talk by your by your signature.
    Uhhh he's not saying his opinion, he's telling you the facts: America is one country, and every state is a part of that country. Further, he rebuffed your meaningless argument about San Francico/Francosco by countering that it doesn't matter what any one part of the country thinks, we're all in this together. Now, you can either acknowledge his argument (and try to counter that), or you can keep ignoring it, and make yourself look even worse.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #148
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,805
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Moderator's Warning:
    Terrorist found not guiltyCease with the personal attacks and the baiting. Stick to the topic or there will be thread bans and/or infractions handed out.

  9. #149
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    1. Thread that has gone way off topic is off topic.
    Let the moderator decide this. You are not the moderator here.
    Catch me if you can.

  10. #150
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Let the moderator decide this. You are not the moderator here.
    Its funny how you say that right after a moderator backs him up by saying "stick to the topic"

    This Article actually goes to show that because harsh interrogation techniques were used on Ghailani, a witness which might've altered the decision, was prevented from testifying, ie the prosecution lost their ace in the hole because of waterboarding, or something like it.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •