Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Teen kills mom of 11

  1. #11
    User Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    04-13-12 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    140

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    If there was justice in the world, he would be taken out behind the courthouse and shot 15 minutes after being found guilty.

    Holmes said Swanson shot her even though she complied with the request.
    That's the dangerous thing about younger criminals--they decide to kill the witnesses even if they comply.

  2. #12
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    who said anything about it being condoned or desireable...it's just the way it is and this scumbag deserves to enjoy every minute of it.
    You did. You condone it when you call it "fitting punishment" and you condone it when you say the scumbag "deserves" it.

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    The only way to avoid it would be to keep all inmates in solitary confinement 24/7 and then someone would whine and cry about that being cruel and unusual punishment. tis a no win situation.
    There's a better solution. Abolish the prisons. Criminals get categorized according to the severity of their crimes and likelihood of recidivism into one of two groups: "To Be Repaired" and "To Be Buried". These groups have no contact with one another and are held in entirely separate facilities-- and anyone who commits a violent act while assigned to the first category is immediately reassigned to the second.

  3. #13
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,745

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    While I certainly understand the need to remove this individual from society, I do not understand the anger associated with that need. Kid is screwed up...no doubt...but he was also conscious and aware of his actions. he took steps to cover his crimes. He reasoned out his actions (unreasonable as they are). He is certainly mentally connected. So...he should be tried and if found guilty...life in a supermax prison would be fitting.

    The sad thing is this kind of thing happens every day.

  4. #14
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    While I certainly understand the need to remove this individual from society, I do not understand the anger associated with that need.
    The man killed two people for almost no reason at all, one of them a mother with young children. That doesn't piss you off, just a little bit?

  5. #15
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,745

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    The man killed two people for almost no reason at all, one of them a mother with young children. That doesn't piss you off, just a little bit?
    Frankly? No. It makes me sad for the families involved...but angry? Why? Its not like this doesnt occur every day...in every state...and probably in every country.

  6. #16
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Frankly? No. It makes me sad for the families involved...but angry? Why? Its not like this doesnt occur every day...in every state...and probably in every country.
    Just because the world sucks all over doesn't mean that we shouldn't be angry about the fact that it sucks.

  7. #17
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    It is a much more fitting punishment for him to serve a "life" sentence being someone's "bitch" than for him to spend the next 30 years in a private cell on death row as the virtually endless appeals process grinds on. Daily ass-raping and abuse is a much better punishment for this little turd.

    It is also much cheaper to house him in general pop than on death row.
    If you truly believe that being anally raped and beaten daily should be the punishment for crimes like these, then you should advocate for the law to be changed so that that is the legal punishment. Hoping that other prisoners will do it is cowardly.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  8. #18
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    If you truly believe that being anally raped and beaten daily should be the punishment for crimes like these, then you should advocate for the law to be changed so that that is the legal punishment. Hoping that other prisoners will do it is cowardly.
    get over yourself. that is not what I said or meant. knowing what will happen to him (I've been around the prison system enough to know) and thinking he deserves it is a far cry from advocating daily anal rapes as a legal punishment. and how is hoping he gets what he deserves "cowardly" in any way?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #19
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    Just because the world sucks all over doesn't mean that we shouldn't be angry about the fact that it sucks.
    I'm angry that violence like this is common place. I'm angry that people are so desensitized by violent acts that their eyelids barely twitch when they read about or watch the news reports on the worst human nature has to offer... and then go about eating their Ben and Jerry's Phish Food as if they just saw a commercial for floor cleaner.

    Every day, I lose more and more faith in humanity.

    THAT'S what I'm angry about.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  10. #20
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Teen kills mom of 11

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    get over yourself. that is not what I said or meant. knowing what will happen to him (I've been around the prison system enough to know) and thinking he deserves it is a far cry from advocating daily anal rapes as a legal punishment.
    How is saying 'He deserves to be treated that way and I'm glad he will be' different from advocating it? Do you not know what advocate means?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and how is hoping he gets what he deserves "cowardly" in any way?
    Because you clearly feel that that's how he should be punished, but you aren't willing to sound like a wackjob by coming out and advocating for the punishment to be changed. If you really feel that that's how criminals should be punished (which is pretty clear to me based on your posts in this thread), then it should be done legitimately. Letting other prisoners carry out justice rather than the government doing it is wrong.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •