Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 128

Thread: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

  1. #51
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    I bet you still hold a grudge against someone from your past to this day. And "if you ever saw that person again you would let them have it"! Right? Now dont tell me that you have never said the exact same thing before because if you do then you would be lying. This man had the opportunity to "have them have it" and did. How is that any different from what you have said you would like to do to someone from your past?

    What is so sad and pathetic is that there are so many of you here that would come to the defense of a rapist of children. Disgusting.
    That's BS and you know it.

    If you still hold grudges for that long, then there is something wrong with you - victim or not. And before you try to say I'm defending a child molester - I can criticize this guy because I was a victim. You don't move on with your life if you're holding 35-year-long grudges. You get on with your life when you seek help and realize that just because someone did something to you when you were a child doesn't mean you have to keep losing your whole life.

    This guy is going to jail (likely) because he's STILL playing victim 35 years later. I gave that up when I was 19 and I've got a great life.

    I'm sick of people like you who want survivors to still play victim our whole lives. You want us to be ashamed, scarred, angry, and violent. I prefer being well-adjusted, having a successful career, and a great family. I got there by moving on with my life. Not by holding grudges and taking out revenge.

    How dare you suggest that because I believe that vigilantism is foolish that I would defend a child molester. It's only people like you who (likely) haven't been victimized who create and celebrate these revenge fantasies. Life's a lot easier when you stop being a victim. It's just too bad this guy didn't have someone help him move on.

  2. #52
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    That's BS and you know it.

    If you still hold grudges for that long, then there is something wrong with you - victim or not. And before you try to say I'm defending a child molester - I can criticize this guy because I was a victim. You don't move on with your life if you're holding 35-year-long grudges. You get on with your life when you seek help and realize that just because someone did something to you when you were a child doesn't mean you have to keep losing your whole life.

    This guy is going to jail (likely) because he's STILL playing victim 35 years later. I gave that up when I was 19 and I've got a great life.

    I'm sick of people like you who want survivors to still play victim our whole lives. You want us to be ashamed, scarred, angry, and violent. I prefer being well-adjusted, having a successful career, and a great family. I got there by moving on with my life. Not by holding grudges and taking out revenge.

    How dare you suggest that because I believe that vigilantism is foolish that I would defend a child molester. It's only people like you who (likely) haven't been victimized who create and celebrate these revenge fantasies. Life's a lot easier when you stop being a victim. It's just too bad this guy didn't have someone help him move on.


    So what would you say to your predator if you met him in an elevator?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #53
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So what would you say to your predator if you met him in an elevator?
    I have seen him on a couple of occasions. I ignore him. It's not really that hard to do. I don't let anger rule my life.

  4. #54
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    I have seen him on a couple of occasions. I ignore him. It's not really that hard to do. I don't let anger rule my life.


    was he prosecuted?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #55
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    was he prosecuted?
    I didn't report until after the statute was up.

    But the reason I didn't report it was because I was afraid - not of him - but of the responses of family and friends. There were too many signals that it would kill my family. Once I entered therapy in college, I told my family. At that point I could tell them without shame and let them know it wasn't their fault and they took it much better (in my imagination, at least) than they would've when I was 9. Plus, to be honest, I had no real words for it at 9. At that point, my family approached his family, reported it calmly and his family intervened and sent him to a treatment program. Obviously, I can't know if it succeeded. I can only hope. I know the success rate is only about 25%, but there's still hope.

    But the point is - revenge doesn't do anyone any good.

    What I advocate is that we stop encouraging people to continue being victims. They estimate that 1 in 6 people are vicitims of childhood sexual abuse. If we all behaved that way, think about what that would do to our society. It's a much better life if you let go and move on. Apparently this guy got a bunch of money from the Catholic Church. If so, he should have spent it on therapy.

  6. #56
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    If we all behaved that way, think about what that would do to our society.
    It'd be easier to spot the molesters because they'd be covered in scars.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #57
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    I didn't report until after the statute was up.

    So he, basically learns that he can get away with it? me? I'd hurt him, hurt him bad.... Then again. That's me.


    But the reason I didn't report it was because I was afraid - not of him - but of the responses of family and friends. There were too many signals that it would kill my family. Once I entered therapy in college, I told my family. At that point I could tell them without shame and let them know it wasn't their fault and they took it much better (in my imagination, at least) than they would've when I was 9. Plus, to be honest, I had no real words for it at 9. At that point, my family approached his family, reported it calmly and his family intervened and sent him to a treatment program. Obviously, I can't know if it succeeded. I can only hope. I know the success rate is only about 25%, but there's still hope.

    But the point is - revenge doesn't do anyone any good.
    Treatment program? Sounds like a vacation.



    What I advocate is that we stop encouraging people to continue being victims. They estimate that 1 in 6 people are vicitims of childhood sexual abuse. If we all behaved that way, think about what that would do to our society. It's a much better life if you let go and move on. Apparently this guy got a bunch of money from the Catholic Church. If so, he should have spent it on therapy.

    I think it would teach our society that child predators would not be tolerated.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #58
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    I didn't report until after the statute was up.

    But the reason I didn't report it was because I was afraid - not of him - but of the responses of family and friends. There were too many signals that it would kill my family. Once I entered therapy in college, I told my family. At that point I could tell them without shame and let them know it wasn't their fault and they took it much better (in my imagination, at least) than they would've when I was 9. Plus, to be honest, I had no real words for it at 9. At that point, my family approached his family, reported it calmly and his family intervened and sent him to a treatment program. Obviously, I can't know if it succeeded. I can only hope. I know the success rate is only about 25%, but there's still hope.

    But the point is - revenge doesn't do anyone any good.

    What I advocate is that we stop encouraging people to continue being victims. They estimate that 1 in 6 people are vicitims of childhood sexual abuse.
    If we all behaved that way, think about what that would do to our society. It's a much better life if you let go and move on. Apparently this guy got a bunch of money from the Catholic Church. If so, he should have spent it on therapy.


    if we all behaved that way it might be an effective disincentive for pedophiles to believe they can victimize and get away with it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    I didn't report until after the statute was up.

    But the reason I didn't report it was because I was afraid - not of him - but of the responses of family and friends. There were too many signals that it would kill my family. Once I entered therapy in college, I told my family. At that point I could tell them without shame and let them know it wasn't their fault and they took it much better (in my imagination, at least) than they would've when I was 9. Plus, to be honest, I had no real words for it at 9. At that point, my family approached his family, reported it calmly and his family intervened and sent him to a treatment program. Obviously, I can't know if it succeeded. I can only hope. I know the success rate is only about 25%, but there's still hope.

    But the point is - revenge doesn't do anyone any good.

    What I advocate is that we stop encouraging people to continue being victims. They estimate that 1 in 6 people are vicitims of childhood sexual abuse. If we all behaved that way, think about what that would do to our society. It's a much better life if you let go and move on. Apparently this guy got a bunch of money from the Catholic Church. If so, he should have spent it on therapy.
    You dont know **** about me but I know this about you.

    You should be the spoke person for NAMBLA where you could sand you in front of them and say " rape and abuse us children all you want because the majority will be just like me and do nothing about it."

    And once again you attack the victim instead of the lowlife that raped a child.

  10. #60
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    I bet you still hold a grudge against someone from your past to this day. And "if you ever saw that person again you would let them have it"! Right? Now dont tell me that you have never said the exact same thing before because if you do then you would be lying. This man had the opportunity to "have them have it" and did. How is that any different from what you have said you would like to do to someone from your past?

    What is so sad and pathetic is that there are so many of you here that would come to the defense of a rapist of children. Disgusting.
    don't assume anything about me, and don't read anything into my posts that isn't there.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •