Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 128

Thread: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

  1. #11
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    William Lynch's life spiraled out of control in the 35 years since he alleges he and his brother were molested by a Jesuit priest: He struggled with depression, had nightmares and tried to kill himself twice.
    ... Good for him? If he is the rapist, I hope the man got a few good kicks in there and it's a shame he left him alive

    I have no sympathy for any but the two victims who were abused as a child, I hope the Jury takes it easy on him


  2. #12
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    I think this man has been a threat to this young man life every since he molested him. You dont think everytime this man tries suicide its not a direct threat against his life because of what this man has done to him? Too bad he didnt do the world a favor by walking up to him and put a hole dead center of his forehead.
    Oh, I see. You're one of those. Yeah, okay then, have fun with your vigilante hero worship.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  3. #13
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    That's in pretty poor taste, Dana. It's not like the "pedophile priest problem" even implicates 1% of them.


    We don't know a lot here. Were charges ever filed? Was an accusation even made?
    It is entirely possible that the attacker is just a nut job who fixated on someone innocent as the scapegoat for his problems. We have no sure knowlege that this priest did anything to this man.

    Yeah, if it actually happened as he claims then I have a lot of sympathy for the guy, but I'd need to see some evidence that this isn't just some whackjob who is out of his head.
    seems the victim received a large settlement from the church. you can understand the pain, and the rage, but that doesn't give him the right to break the law.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Oh, I see. You're one of those. Yeah, okay then, have fun with your vigilante hero worship.
    Oh I see your one of those that thinks a man that commits sexual acts against a child deserves a break because they abused a child 30 years ago.

    I wonder if you were that child or your child, would you still think the same way. Or more like, you would find forgiveness and offer up yourself or child for more abuse.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    Oh I see your one of those that thinks a man that commits sexual acts against a child deserves a break because they abused a child 30 years ago.

    I wonder if you were that child or your child, would you still think the same way. Or more like, you would find forgiveness and offer up yourself or child for more abuse.
    No, I'd beat the **** out of the son of a bitch too, but then I'd live with the consequences of what I did. Unlike your vigilante hero who obviously thinks he should get a pass for breaking the law. I don't know about your world, but in the reality I live in, you can't just go around bashing people's heads in unless it's self-defense. And no, this was in no way, shape or form, self-defense.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  6. #16
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The priest got what he deserved. Period. My wish would be to be on a jury, because I would be open to any tactic of jury nullification by the man's attorney.
    Jury nullification is the sole responsibility of the jury. Attorneys cannot open a discussion on a jury's right to nullify.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    No, I'd beat the **** out of the son of a bitch too, but then I'd live with the consequences of what I did. Unlike your vigilante hero who obviously thinks he should get a pass for breaking the law. I don't know about your world, but in the reality I live in, you can't just go around bashing people's heads in unless it's self-defense. And no, this was in no way, shape or form, self-defense.
    My vigilante hero? Lame........I said he should have put a hole in his head because unlike you, I believe anyone that does harm, esp rape, against a child should be shot on sight.

    So you are saying that you would plead guilty of whatever charges they booked you on? ......please stop with your BS utter nonsense.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    My vigilante hero? Lame........I said he should have put a hole in his head because unlike you, I believe anyone that does harm, esp rape, against a child should be shot on sight.

    So you are saying that you would plead guilty of whatever charges they booked you on? ......please stop with your BS utter nonsense.
    Why would I plead not guilty for something I know I damn well did? What kind of freak society are you advocating here anyway? We might as well do away with cops, judges, trials and juries right now. Let's all take matters into our own hands, shall we?

    Gimme a freaking break.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  9. #19
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Oh, I see. You're one of those. Yeah, okay then, have fun with your vigilante hero worship.


    Oh so you're one of those, Yeah, okay then, have fun with your victimhood and timid roll over on your back and piss yourself submissivism.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #20
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Man jailed for beating up his childhood rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Jury nullification is the sole responsibility of the jury. Attorneys cannot open a discussion on a jury's right to nullify.



    Oh it's worse than that. Often judges will lie to the jury and tell them "jury nullification" is illegal.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •