Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 121

Thread: Christian woman sentenced to death in Pakistan

  1. #111
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    I hate religion!
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  2. #112
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,459

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I understand your desire to be a voice of reason in this. I honestly do. Emotional clashes among religions is historically ugly.

    But this notion that many try to put forth that the radical portion of Islam is a small segment simply isn't true (not that you are). That segment is about 1/4 of the religion and it dominates the actions, and in this case court system, of not only that faith, but many of the countries it resides within.

    To many Christians, this is the result of worshiping false gods. But even in the secular world, it is undeniable the good works of the Christian faith in the world today, as compared to the militaristic intimidiation of, and the inferiority of, the Islamic faith. I look for good in Islam, and I simply don't see it.
    You probably wouldn't be able to recognize a non radical Muslim if you saw one

  3. #113
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,459

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And how many Muslims are speaking out against the execution of a Christian, who simply spoke against Mohammed?

    They are implicit in their inaction.
    How many Catholics are speaking out against every single act of pedophilia? It looks like the church is protecting child molesters.

    All Catholics love pedophilia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by SheWolf; 11-16-10 at 11:30 PM.

  4. #114
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    How many Catholics are speaking out against every single act of pedophilia? It looks like the church is protecting child molesters.

    All Catholics love pedophilia!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually, large numbers of Catholics have from individual parishs to large lay organizations as well as the Church and clergy themselves... Like to lie about other faiths much?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #115
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,459

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Actually, large numbers of Catholics have from individual parishs to large lay organizations as well as the Church and clergy themselves... Like to lie about other faiths much?
    A little girl was murdered and raped here, and the local Catholic Church didn't condemn it.. Not to mention the priests in the Catholic Church are just moved around and not kicked out of the church, so it appears the Catholic Church harbors pedophiles. They are like the Taliban of child molesters.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 11-17-10 at 12:31 AM.

  6. #116
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Muslims should stand up and speak out against this barbarity and not call it "Muslim bashing" unless it is an accepted part of their religion.

    If it accepted they should be "bashed". If it is not let's have an airing.
    It is an accepted part of their religion. For them to speak out is to condemn their religion down to it's foundation. To speak out against fellow Muslims is often blasphemy and a rejection of the Prophet Mohammed. I just don't think you can be in a religion based on the teachings of a radical, violent and extreme prophet and avoid being labeled the same. I don't think it is possible to be a truly peaceful Muslim because then you aren't one anymore.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    It is an accepted part of their religion. For them to speak out is to condemn their religion down to it's foundation. To speak out against fellow Muslims is often blasphemy and a rejection of the Prophet Mohammed. I just don't think you can be in a religion based on the teachings of a radical, violent and extreme prophet and avoid being labeled the same. I don't think it is possible to be a truly peaceful Muslim because then you aren't one anymore.
    Absolutely rubbish.

    Condemning violence and ignorance by Muslims does not go against any foundation of Islam. The foundations of Islam is the 5 pillars of Islam and 6 articles of faith.


  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Muslims aren't tolerant. Even the nonviolent ones. Unless, of course, we talk of people who call themselves Muslims yet really aren't. Sort of like Evangelicals; they call themselves Christians yet are utterly tolerant of sins the Bible is against.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Muslims aren't tolerant. Even the nonviolent ones. Unless, of course, we talk of people who call themselves Muslims yet really aren't. Sort of like Evangelicals; they call themselves Christians yet are utterly tolerant of sins the Bible is against.
    ..... Muslims have intolerance yes but there are many tolerant Muslims as well.
    I don't care what Evangelicals call themselves, not my business but a Muslim is one who believes in the shahadah and pillars.


  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Muslims believe in violent and barbarous things (the extremist ones). Muslims (nonviolent ones) also believe in the lesser yet still primitive things, such as treating their women as 2nd-class citizens and having dominion over women. Now, I'm not a feminist or any of that extreme nonsense, but still---I don't like seeing women treated as such. They should be equal. No more, no less. (That's just a personal tangent.)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •