Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 121

Thread: Christian woman sentenced to death in Pakistan

  1. #101
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Yeah right.

    Christianity is as toxic to Africa as Islam. Both religions were brought to Africans through colonialism, war, force and slavery. Not choice.
    If both religions were never in Africa. I am certain Africa would be better off
    Christianity was NOT brought to Ethiopia by any of those methods. King Ezana converted the kingdom of Axum to Christianity peacefully...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Why is AIDs higher in Christian dominated regions than Muslims? It couldn't be because it is Catholic Christian policy to spread that condoms should not be used. Sentencing basically Africans to death

    My ancestors were not Muslim by choice, it was a religion that brought to us by the Arabs. Majority of Africa was not Christian by choice. It was something brought by the colonial powers spreading their views and in the process destroying Africa's owns beliefs whilst of course indulging in slavery on the side.

    I honestly think Africa would have been better off if none of the religions were brought over
    No, aids is rampant in Africa because of sexual immorality and tribal rituals. Regardless, the Catholics are screwed up on their views regarding contraception and doesn't reflect the rest of Christianity. So the good that missionaries do and the aid Christians send over is bad? From a Spiritual perspective I think it's vital to spread God's Word.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    No, aids is rampant in Africa because of sexual immorality and tribal rituals. Regardless, the Catholics are screwed up on their views regarding contraception and doesn't reflect the rest of Christianity. So the good that missionaries do and the aid Christians send over is bad? From a Spiritual perspective I think it's vital to spread God's Word.
    I think Catholicism is a death sentence to Africa with it's views on Condoms.

    Do you know why Muslim countries, even those like Somalia has next to no AID epidemic? Guess. It's because we sell condoms.
    Even when I was in East Africa, the Aids awareness promoted abstinence, loyalty and finally and most importantly. Contraception

    Spiritual from who's perspective? Africa had its own native beliefs. We had our worships across the continent that was ours not something imposed.
    I think if Christianity and Islam never came to Africa, Africa would have been better off. Many wars in the region is happening because of religion. Christianity and Islam divide to be more specific. That is not even taking into account the slavery and the use of holy text to justify and explain away why Blacks were inferior and slavery was acceptable.


  4. #104
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Christianity was NOT brought to Ethiopia by any of those methods. King Ezana converted the kingdom of Axum to Christianity peacefully...
    Ethiopia is not all of Africa.

    To try and attempt to deny that both Christianity and Islam was brought by colonialism and war does not work


  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I think Catholicism is a death sentence to Africa with it's views on Condoms.

    Do you know why Muslim countries, even those like Somalia has next to no AID epidemic? Guess. It's because we sell condoms.
    Even when I was in East Africa, the Aids awareness promoted abstinence, loyalty and finally and most importantly. Contraception

    Spiritual from who's perspective? Africa had its own native beliefs. We had our worships across the continent that was ours not something imposed.
    I think if Christianity and Islam never came to Africa, Africa would have been better off. Many wars in the region is happening because of religion. Christianity and Islam divide to be more specific. That is not even taking into account the slavery and the use of holy text to justify and explain away why Blacks were inferior and slavery was acceptable.
    So it's solely based on condoms? Consider this, Egypt is roughly 40% Christian and they also have one of the lowest aids rates in Africa. Also Haiti is a country that is poorer than most African nations and is largely Catholic. Their aids rate was around 5% for people aged 18-50 and has gone down to roughly 2% due to education about the disease and prevention.

    From a spiritual perspective I believe as a Christian that having faith and forgiveness in Christ is the only way to go to heaven. Without the religions you would still have wars, there was tribal warfare going on constantly.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    So it's solely based on condoms? Consider this, Egypt is roughly 40% Christian and they also have one of the lowest aids rates in Africa. Also Haiti is a country that is poorer than most African nations and is largely Catholic. Their aids rate was around 5% for people aged 18-50 and has gone down to roughly 2% due to education about the disease and prevention.

    From a spiritual perspective I believe as a Christian that having faith and forgiveness in Christ is the only way to go to heaven. Without the religions you would still have wars, there was tribal warfare going on constantly.
    No of course not, but I do believe condom policy by Catholics has a adverse affect on areas of Africa. If only Catholicism can be replaced with a more sane form of Christianity

    Ah yes but at least we'd be fighting about our own native tribal views rather than something forced on us. I don't see any good that Islam and Christianity has done to Africa but sadly perhaps, even as a religious person. Both religions are too deeply entrenched in Africa to be removed even if I think in the long run it is poisonous.
    Last edited by Laila; 11-16-10 at 11:51 AM.


  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    I have no problem bashing Muslims, just as liberals typically bash Christians.

    Why? Because "Muslim" isn't a race, but a religious point of view.

    Not to mention it's a primitive one at that---even the less violent forms of Islam.

  8. #108
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    No of course not, but I do believe condom policy by Catholics has a adverse affect on areas of Africa. If only Catholicism can be replaced with a more sane form of Christianity
    Ah yes but at least we'd be fighting about our own native tribal views rather than something forced on us. I don't see any good that Islam and Christianity has done to Africa but sadly perhaps, even as a religious person. Both religions are too deeply entrenched in Africa to be removed even if I think in the long run it is poisonous.
    If Africans followed Catholic teaching in their entirety, there would not BE an AIDS problem...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #109
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I have no problem bashing Muslims, just as liberals typically bash Christians.

    Why? Because "Muslim" isn't a race, but a religious point of view.

    Not to mention it's a primitive one at that---even the less violent forms of Islam.
    Do you say the same about Jews? Lots of crazy, violent stuff in that book of theirs. Surely you must also have no problem bashing Jews.
    Last edited by Deuce; 11-16-10 at 06:37 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Bad Time To Be A Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you say the same about Jews? Lots of crazy, violent stuff in that book of theirs. Surely you must also have no problem bashing Jews.
    Nice try.

    Jews, Hindus, Christians, Buddhists, and such don't live in the 7th bloody century with a little book of hate. They aren't primitive, or force their women to wear black garb.

    I'm not as seasoned in debate as others, but even I find your rebuttal to be grasping at the wind.
    Last edited by Wake; 11-16-10 at 08:28 PM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •