Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 879

Thread: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

  1. #861
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hell Joe, 26% of people don't even know that we separated from England to form our nation, why would one suspect them to know their rights? or have the courage to exercise them? I believe all these things could be challenged in a court.

    j-mac
    And many, like tea party memebers, don't know what the constitution actually says. However, they do refer to the supreme court above. And I suspect they have some knowledge on the subject.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #862
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And many, like tea party memebers, don't know what the constitution actually says. However, they do refer to the supreme court above. And I suspect they have some knowledge on the subject.
    Did you read my link I already provided? It specifically addresses the case cited by Wiki....So other than your gratuitous attack at the TEA party, what are you saying?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #863
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But the probable cause is as simple as refusing the request of showing your DL and proof and proof of insurance. Probable cause is not a difficult obsticle to overcome.

    So, on our highways, officers block a road, stop all cars, request proof of being legal and can search you if you refuse. Am I wrong about this?


    yes. you are wrong. You must consent to a search, and most often fools fall to the pressure of the officer and consent.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #864
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I already did read it with my own eyes. I alway explained what is plainly obvious to me.
    Then why do you need an interpretation from the USSC?

    You disagree. Fine. Guess what. Your opinion means jack ****, which is the same mine means. You're no more a definitive voice on the constitution as I am, and your opinion is valid no less or more than mine. What's "obvious" to you seems ridiculous and idiotic to me. What's "obvious" to me seems the same to you.
    A wide observation.

    You can keep going "open your eyes" all you want, it just makes you look like a broken record when I've clearly stated my views on it based on what's written in the constitution. You agree. Wonderful. To damn bad you don't have constitutional authority to decide what is or isn't constitutional, and since you don't your OPINION of its constitutionality is no better than mine.
    The difference being that i can read what it says on my own without needing an official ruling from a third party. You do.

  5. #865
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And many, like tea party memebers, don't know what the constitution actually says. However, they do refer to the supreme court above. And I suspect they have some knowledge on the subject.



    Most in the tea party obviously know more than you about the consitution given your utter failure of understanding the 4th amendment, and consent laws regarding checkpoints.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #866
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Most in the tea party obviously know more than you about the consitution given your utter failure of understanding the 4th amendment, and consent laws regarding checkpoints.
    Tell yourself what you like, what makes you feel better, but I did cite the SCOTUS. And I suspect they understand the 4th Amendment. Or is it only people on political chat boards who understand it?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #867
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Uh huh....So they say.....In public anyway...But we do have cases of this..

    Oh my....
    Sorry, can't view videos on this computer.

    Astonishing. All I can say is that you are just the type that a tyranny counts on to effect its take over.
    Ahh, J-Mac thinks something stupid about me. Let me go worry myself over it now. Sad face

    This is being done as well.
    And I'm sure the AMAZING minds at "The Blaze" took the time to stop and think that elderly people are the most likely grouping of individuals to have various types of medical devices that make going through metal detectors worthless and thus have to be searched by hand due to this fact, right?

    Completely random searches happen in about 1% of all passengers.
    The only "random searches" I am aware of that would be authorized is I believe at a time they were having every "nth" person selected for additional screening. This is significantly different than randomly and arbitrarily choosing someone on the highway to pull over as the ONLY person to give ANY kind of search to. This is a set number, with the individual not being chosen by the person searching but by an algorithim that predetermines people based on numbers. A far cry different than a cop just pulling someone over at some point and deciding to give them a search for the hell of it. And, here I'm going to shock you, its a practice I actually think is wrong and one that does fall outside the scope of what should be allowable. Shocker, I know, that some poeple are actually able to look at things objectively and not just in a black and white "good or bad" as a whole type of way.

    Ever been in NYC during morning or evening rush? Every bridge is packed.
    And there's been accidents that have occured around those issues during those times as well. It still does not disrupt the national transit system, nor the economy at large, on nearly the same scale.

    And Big Sis is open to these suggestions. She said so.
    Wonderful, I disagree with her. They should get the same kind of pat down as everyone else. And by the way, EVERYONE has the right to refuse the full body scan and get a pat down in private. Your point? Again, you seem to think that everything is black and white and if you dare actually agree with something you must agree with ALL of it. Which is rather funny since the ACLU was saying the exact same thing about almost identical searches since 2004 and I never heard this much outrage from republicans. On the contrary I often heard defenses of it. Funny that.

    What strawman have I built up? What have I misrepresented, or misstated? That's pure BS. You seem way too thin skinned.
    That by "Zyph's logic you'd be subject to search without warrant on them", which is a strawman built up from the non-existant attribute you placed on my posts that somehow I was suggesting that the ONLY issue was federal ownership of land and that somehow I was suggesting there's a direct analog between the air transit system and the highway system.

  8. #868
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Then why do you need an interpretation from the USSC?
    I don't. I am saying that MY interpretation, and YOUR interpretation, are meaningless because we don't judge constitutionality. The USSC does.

    A wide observation.
    What?

    The difference being that i can read what it says on my own without needing an official ruling from a third party. You do.
    Someone is having trouble with reading comprehension right now it seems. I can read it on my own, I can come to my own decision. News flash for you, I come to a DIFFERENT conclussion than you. I am stating YOUR conclussion is no more factual or accurate than mine, because both of our opinions mean jack with regards to constitutional law.

    You say its constitutional based on your reading of it. Fine.

    I say its unconstitutional based on my reading of it.

    Where do we go from there?

  9. #869
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Can I just say I find the partisan hack hyperbole hillarious in the past few posts.

    YAY! I apparenlty don't know the constitution and know it because I'm a Tea Partier. Wonderful how idiotic over generalizations work.

  10. #870
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Tell yourself what you like, what makes you feel better, but I did cite the SCOTUS. And I suspect they understand the 4th Amendment. Or is it only people on political chat boards who understand it?


    Can you point out in what you cited, where it leaps from stop to a full search?


    Again the average tea partier, by your own admission knows more about the USC than you.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •