Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 879

Thread: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

  1. #841
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Wait, so you're seriously suggesting that the SCOTUS is not the body that determines if laws or procedures are constitutional or not?
    I'm asking you to read with your own eyes what the Fourth Amendment says. You really shouldn't need an interpreter to explain the obvious.

  2. #842
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    the gas station is federal property? My grocery store is federal property?

    Come on, let's not over generalize.

    I don't think I am, are not the highways (Interstate system) in this country largely Federal property?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #843
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think I am, are not the highways (Interstate system) in this country largely Federal property?


    j-mac
    Freeways are federal, highways are state, anything else is normally county or city roads.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #844
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I'm asking you to read with your own eyes what the Fourth Amendment says. You really shouldn't need an interpreter to explain the obvious.
    I already did read it with my own eyes. I alway explained what is plainly obvious to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Really? Seems pretty clear to me. You're voluntarily entering onto federal property to enter into federal air in a location that if disrupted can have a major affect on interstate traffic and the economy as a whole. Seems entirely reasonable to me.
    You disagree. Fine. Guess what. Your opinion means jack ****, which is the same mine means. You're no more a definitive voice on the constitution as I am, and your opinion is valid no less or more than mine. What's "obvious" to you seems ridiculous and idiotic to me. What's "obvious" to me seems the same to you.

    You can keep going "open your eyes" all you want, it just makes you look like a broken record when I've clearly stated my views on it based on what's written in the constitution. You agree. Wonderful. To damn bad you don't have constitutional authority to decide what is or isn't constitutional, and since you don't your OPINION of its constitutionality is no better than mine.

  5. #845
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Freeways are federal, highways are state, anything else is normally county or city roads.

    Like I said the Interstate system is federal, so according to Zyph's logic you'd be subject to search without warrant on them. I know that is not the case.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #846
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Like I said the Interstate system is federal, so according to Zyph's logic you'd be subject to search without warrant on them. I know that is not the case.
    A few things here...

    There is a large difference in legality when you're checking EVERYONE entering into a certain area and when you're simply willy nilly selecting people. There is no universal access point to get onto interstates that are checked where every individual vehicle is given a search and said access point and search is well known and established prior to entering onto it. So it would be entirely unreasonable for you to simply be pulled over and given an extensive search simply for being on a highway in the current system. Additionally, as stated earlier, a single individual performing a disruptive action on a highway has not shown itself to have the same potential for severe disruption of the National Transist System or the severe effect on the economy that disruptions of airline travel can have. This again reduces the "reasonableness" of any searches because the threat for damage to the country is not as high.

    Please, don't speak about "my logic" because its obvious you either don't grasp it or simply wish to distort it. This is especially true when I stated CLEARLY in this thread my view on it and its nothing like what you just described.

  7. #847
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,865
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Like I said the Interstate system is federal, so according to Zyph's logic you'd be subject to search without warrant on them. I know that is not the case.

    j-mac
    Never mind, Zyphlin said it better than I.
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 12-01-10 at 11:00 AM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #848
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    A few things here...

    There is a large difference in legality when you're checking EVERYONE entering into a certain area and when you're simply willy nilly selecting people.
    So everyone is subjected to this pat down? I don't think so.

    There is no universal access point to get onto interstates that are checked where every individual vehicle is given a search and said access point and search is well known and established prior to entering onto it.
    Ok, so you'd be fine with it if it were say at a toll stop and posted before hand?

    So it would be entirely unreasonable for you to simply be pulled over and given an extensive search simply for being on a highway in the current system.
    Un huh...think of the Airport line as an Interstate, and apply the same logic. Here I'll show you what I mean...

    "So it would be entirely unreasonable for you to simply be pulled over and given an extensive search simply for being in an airport in the current system.

    Additionally, as stated earlier, a single individual performing a disruptive action on a highway has not shown itself to have the same potential for severe disruption of the National Transist System or the severe effect on the economy that disruptions of airline travel can have.
    I see, so the people turning down the x-ray machine and subjected to a search are being disruptive?

    This again reduces the "reasonableness" of any searches because the threat for damage to the country is not as high.
    You still have failed to provide any domestic instances where an American was a threat to Air travel to prompt this.

    Please, don't speak about "my logic" because its obvious you either don't grasp it or simply wish to distort it.
    Oh I grasp it just fine....Do you?

    This is especially true when I stated CLEARLY in this thread my view on it and its nothing like what you just described.
    And I disagree. That is allowed isn't it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #849
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Don't they have rountine traffic stops in some states. And if you refuse, or try to leave, don't they then pat you down and search your car? I've seen this happen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #850
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't they have rountine traffic stops in some states. And if you refuse, or try to leave, don't they then pat you down and search your car? I've seen this happen.

    You have to give probable cause, and even then, if the search is refused by the detainee, a warrant must be issued before the car can be searched.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •