Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 879

Thread: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

  1. #791
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,410

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I find it really, really disgusting and frankly pathetic that many of the same types of people who railed and shouted about the "drive by media" style of reporting during Katrina...hyping up singular incidents as the norm, creating a culture where people come out complaining and exaggerating to get attention, reporting on things dishonestly and in exaggerated terms...are now championing this because "See! See! So much is happening! There's so much focus".

    I will say again, anyone that considers what's going on at 99% of those screenings as "groping" are in bad need of some education in their sex life because I feel hugely sorry for whoever their partner is.

    And what's most disgusting is people like Sean Hannity who for years is going on and on and on about security who is now wantonly and openly playing politics with the security of this country and with an agency created and whose procedural methods were put into place under a President he supported simply because he wants to shove his, idiotic and inpractical, political position about profiling down peoples throats.

    The man is more worried about scoring political points, degrading muslims, and pushing his agenda than he is about security with his constant exaggerations, attempts to get the security removed, and denegration of the TSA. He's a pathetic peice of political trash and he's shown himself clearly here. And I garauntee you if we did impliment the unfeasable methods he wanted and Al Qaeda smartens up and recruits a white guy who slaps a bomb on his wheelchair bound grandma, that ****ing **** would be the first one screaming about how horrible security is under Obama, how worthless the TSA is, how the system failed, etc etc.

    You have a work force of millions with a handful of stories coming out, primarily because the media has stirred up a controversy, and its made out to be the norm. You have no intellectual honesty going on that is looking and honestly comparing this with what was going on prior to Obama being in office. You have constant and continual exaggeration, hyperbole, and distortion when speaking about it. If this was anything else you'd have most of the people on the right here screaming about the left wing media bias, the media manufacturing a story, and other such bull**** but when it suits their need to attack Obama then suddenly everything we hear is absolute gospel truth.

    Its ****ing ridiculous.



    I think hannity is a hypocritical douche.


    I think any groping even if only one of the 900 complaints is true, it's too much and the "go **** yourself" mentality of the TSA and the Obama administration is something that should be of concern to all Americans..... Not just those who blasted the media over katrina.




    BTW...




    Protest TSA with 4th Amendment underwear | Crave - CNET


    I think says it all. Even without groping.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #792
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    direct your rant at the chair and senior member of house homeland security

    "runs afoul of privacy and civil liberties" was their exaggeration

    the aclu's hyperbole was "groping"
    Oh, my mistake, I forgot that The Prof thinks so highly and agrees so much with members of Obama's administration. And you're a supporter of the ACLU. Good to know you're so left leaning Prof.

  3. #793
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Good to know you're so left leaning Prof.
    it's not about me, grow up

    cuz if the president has lost house homeland security and the aclu...

  4. #794
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I think any groping even if only one of the 900 complaints is true, it's too much and the "go **** yourself" mentality of the TSA and the Obama administration is something that should be of concern to all Americans..... Not just those who blasted the media over katrina.
    You've got to be ****ing kidding me Rev. So you're saying if even ONE case of a complaint is true its too much and we need to start being concerned about it.

    Funny, I don't seem to remember this being peoples stance ANY time that someone in the military does something wrong. If my memory serves me many like you routinely point out how its one out of thousands. That its an anomaly. That you can't take wide scale action based on relatively isolated incidents. Etc etc.

    But...I mean...sorry, forgot that some people have no issue with class warefare as long as the war being waged is against classes they have no issue with protecting or attacking.

    The mentality being presented right now by the TSA isn't really different then the mentality it showed under Bush. Which shows part of the dishonesty in this with all the focus of slipping Obama in at every chance conservatives can get.

    BTW...
    Ahh, how cute. However you're willingly attempting to go onto government property to then fly in government property and are made aware of the required search prior to doing so, without any coersion or force causing you to enter into that search.

    Oh by the way, perhaps we need someone to report the post for porn. After all, those x-ray pictures are so hot I mean, its like penthouse, its such raunchy porn that its just going to turn people on. I mean, look at those bones. Mmm, bones...I'm getting so turned on right now.

  5. #795
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    tell it to thompson, jackson lee and the aclu

    in other words, it's a LOSER

    has nothing to do with any of us

    grow up

  6. #796
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    it's not about me, grow up
    What are you implying by this?

    cuz if the president has lost house homeland security and the aclu...
    Yes, that is SURELY the answer....

    It couldn't possibly be that the ACLU has been bitching and complaining about the TSA since day one, of which conservatives attacked them for back under Bush, rather then Obama "losing" them.

    And I'm SURE that the House chairman couldn't possibly be responding to public uproar due to a huge backlash from the media tsunami on this, done in a fashion that you and those like you would have a field day complaining about if it was about global warming or some other such issue.

  7. #797
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    tell it to thompson, jackson lee and the aclu
    Why? Hate to tell you but I've never been a fan of the ACLU nor their thinking on this...nor have I waffled, thinking they were bad under Bush but good under Obama. Why the **** should I care what they have to say when I didn't care what they had to say before?

    grow up
    What are you implying here?

  8. #798
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,410

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You've got to be ****ing kidding me Rev. So you're saying if even ONE case of a complaint is true its too much and we need to start being concerned about it.

    Yes. Because there were supposedly over 900 complaints (half it for ACLU accuracy sakes) and the response BY the TSA and the justice department is to try to slap an 11k fine on a man who opted out of said search.


    see there are two things here.

    Reports by named individuals (unlike katrina where it was anonymous reports etc.) who claimed they were groped, singled out for boobage, etc. These are individual incidents that point to a bigger issue within the young TSA. The oversight is lacking, and the response of the TSA and the ADMIN is STFU and do as you are told or face massive fines....

    2nd, what is the probable cause the government agency has to search my 18 month old kid? my wife, and myself? It's unconstitutional.


    Funny, I don't seem to remember this being peoples stance ANY time that someone in the military does something wrong. If my memory serves me many like you routinely point out how its one out of thousands. That its an anomaly. That you can't take wide scale action based on relatively isolated incidents. Etc etc.


    I don't compare my brothers and sisters, our war fighters who have massive amounts of training, honor, and a sense of duty, to a minimum wage jackoff in a tsa uniform, I hope you aren't either.

    point is, I never said in ANY of the military issues that there shouldn't be an investigation, there should be, What I am saying is this **** off attitude of the TSA is an issue.

    I am sure you have heard be talk about the UN and the brothels, this is akin to that. There are 900 (450 adjusted for aclu hyperbole) complaints. why not a statement from the TSA or the Admin showing they are concerned for our 4th amendment rights, or that they are investigating seriously?

    no, instead they showed us EXACTLY what they were about on thanksgiving when they shut down these "life and death" scanners to avoid a protest. Security, my ass.



    But...I mean...sorry, forgot that some people have no issue with class warefare as long as the war being waged is against classes they have no issue with protecting or attacking.

    Built up the strawman zyph, and now knocking it down?



    The mentality being presented right now by the TSA isn't really different then the mentality it showed under Bush. Which shows part of the dishonesty in this with all the focus of slipping Obama in at every chance conservatives can get.

    When it was my shoes, I was annoyed and didn't care. These full body scanners, violate the 4th amendment, I said so then, I say so now. These invasive pat downs of random folk... Unconstitutional....

    Also, on Katrina again, this is reaction to "isolated incidents" a shoe bomber, undewear bomber. Both of which I am understanding neither the pat down or the body scanner, probably would have caught, I need to find you the article here.

    isolated incidents leading to the molestation and groping of the 4th amendment.





    Ahh, how cute. However you're willingly attempting to go onto government property to then fly in government property and are made aware of the required search prior to doing so, without any coersion or force causing you to enter into that search.

    I didn't realize that all airports were government property or that the government owned ALL the planes in the sky, my bad.


    But I wouldn't want to offend the government, again, my bad.



    Also by that logic, since roads are owned by the precious government, car searches including invasive pat downs for EVERY traffic stop, I mean you voluntarilly drive on thier roads.




    Oh by the way, perhaps we need someone to report the post for porn. After all, those x-ray pictures are so hot I mean, its like penthouse, its such raunchy porn that its just going to turn people on. I mean, look at those bones. Mmm, bones...I'm getting so turned on right now.

    I can't post the ones that do, can I?

    besides, I think that's a dood... If you are turned on, that makes you gay..... and kinda creepy. just sayin....
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 11-30-10 at 11:47 AM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #799
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I find it really, really disgusting and frankly pathetic that many of the same types of people who railed and shouted about the "drive by media" style of reporting during Katrina...hyping up singular incidents as the norm, creating a culture where people come out complaining and exaggerating to get attention, reporting on things dishonestly and in exaggerated terms...are now championing this because "See! See! So much is happening! There's so much focus".

    "Same types"???? And what "type" of person is that Zeph? I think you are comparing apples to Volkswagon's here.

    I will say again, anyone that considers what's going on at 99% of those screenings as "groping" are in bad need of some education in their sex life because I feel hugely sorry for whoever their partner is.
    If "groping" is what you do in your sex life, I feel sorry for your partner. With that said, you are correct about one thing, what is going on isn't in any way a sexual thing. It is however, about control, and conditioning the populace to accept a loss of their liberty.

    And what's most disgusting is people like Sean Hannity who for years is going on and on and on about security who is now wantonly and openly playing politics with the security of this country and with an agency created and whose procedural methods were put into place under a President he supported simply because he wants to shove his, idiotic and inpractical, political position about profiling down peoples throats.
    Sean Hannity? Really? Tell me, what real power, other than to be a TV, and Radio blowhard does Hannity have? "Playing politics with our security?" Well, no one would answer this question before, possibly you have the integrity to do so....

    How many possible terrorist acts have been thwarted on domestic point to point flights within the US since Obama and the TSA blueshirts said we needed to do this?

    For that matter, how many Kids, grandmothers, or Nun's have been arrested with terror plans in the US at all?

    The man is more worried about scoring political points, degrading muslims, and pushing his agenda than he is about security with his constant exaggerations, attempts to get the security removed, and denegration of the TSA. He's a pathetic peice of political trash and he's shown himself clearly here. And I garauntee you if we did impliment the unfeasable methods he wanted and Al Qaeda smartens up and recruits a white guy who slaps a bomb on his wheelchair bound grandma, that ****ing **** would be the first one screaming about how horrible security is under Obama, how worthless the TSA is, how the system failed, etc etc.
    So you are worried about 'degrading Muslims'? I think that they are allowing a portion of their "religion" to that quite nicely thank you. Denigration of the TSA just isn't possible. You can't denigrate someone that already admits that they are violating the law of this land.

    You have a work force of millions with a handful of stories coming out, primarily because the media has stirred up a controversy, and its made out to be the norm. You have no intellectual honesty going on that is looking and honestly comparing this with what was going on prior to Obama being in office. You have constant and continual exaggeration, hyperbole, and distortion when speaking about it. If this was anything else you'd have most of the people on the right here screaming about the left wing media bias, the media manufacturing a story, and other such bull**** but when it suits their need to attack Obama then suddenly everything we hear is absolute gospel truth.

    Its ****ing ridiculous.
    No Zeph, I am sorry to say that this posting is what is "****ing ridiculous".... People here are worried about the path when giving up inalienable rights like that of the 4th amendment. If that is silly to you, I suggest you reevaluate what should be unarguable here, IMHO you are missing the mark here.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #800
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,945

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Yes. Because there were supposedly over 900 complaints (half it for ACLU accuracy sakes) and the response BY the TSA and the justice department is to try to slap an 11k fine on a man who opted out of said search.
    And said fine was ridiculous and should've been dealth with. In regards to the 900 complaints, my question would be how many complaints were there in each year since TSA came into being? You need more evidence to say that 900 is actually worth while or not. By the way, statistically 900 is miniscule. 190,000 people go through O'hare airport alone in a DAY. Lets say all 900 complaints came JUST from O'Hare and JUST in one week...it'd still mean 1 in every 1500 had something to COMPLAIN about. Not necessarily did something wrong, but to complain.

    Now take O'Hare and spread that over to the 21 other Cat-X sized airports in the U.S. If you average 150,000 through them each per day, you're looking at one complaint for ever 15,000 passengers IF all the complaints were made in a single week.

    When looked at the sample size the number you're giving is MINISCULE and to imply it as somehow evidence of a wide spread thing is statistically ridiculous.

    That is not to say that LEGITIMATE cases of misconduct shouldn't be investigated. It absolutely SHOULD be. However for every legitimate problem, such as the guy who had his bladder bag broken, you have a "Don't Touch My Junk" situation where (up until the fine) there was nothing wrong there.

    Reports by named individuals (unlike katrina where it was anonymous reports etc.) who claimed they were groped, singled out for boobage, etc. These are individual incidents that point to a bigger issue within the young TSA. The oversight is lacking, and the response of the TSA and the ADMIN is STFU and do as you are told or face massive fines....
    Its still cases of the Media trumpeting up something to make it appear a bigger issue than it is, which raises public hyper awareness of it causing "complaints" to file in that would routinely not raise to the level of needing to do such. And you're also horribly incorrect about the reaction to it. Investigations into some complaints have occured, which is evident in the case of the man being apologized too by the TSA head himself for inappropriate conduct by an agent.

    The response isn't to STFU and take it, its to tell people to pleaes deal with it honestly and realistically and to also not try to actively disrupt air travel. With everyone and his brother who has the back of a hand ran down his leg calling it "Groping!" or "Fondling!" its hard to figure out which cases where someone actually LEGITIMATELY did something inappropriate and which cases someone did exactly what they should do but the person having it done is just pissy and doesn't like it.

    2nd, what is the probable cause the government agency has to search my 18 month old kid? my wife, and myself? It's unconstitutional.
    The same probable cause that allows them to search everyone going into a court house or other federal buildings. Airports are government property. The air that the planes are flying in (at least over U.S. land) is U.S. Government Property. And due to the far higher level of impact on national security and the economy should something disrupt air traffic as compared to disrupting a court room it stands to reason a greater level of searching is needed and is allowed.

    I don't compare my brothers and sisters, our war fighters who have massive amounts of training, honor, and a sense of duty, to a minimum wage jackoff in a tsa uniform, I hope you aren't either.
    Yeah, I am. A large amount of people is a large amount of people. Isolated incidents blown up in the media represent one large amount of people as much as it represents another large amount of people. But thanks for proving my point down below which you call a strawman. For a different "class" of people you have different rules and views on what is okay to do to them.

    point is, I never said in ANY of the military issues that there shouldn't be an investigation, there should be, What I am saying is this **** off attitude of the TSA is an issue.
    And where am I saying that there shouldn't be an investigation. I'm saying there shouldn't be the wholesale stereotyping of the entire TSA, the attempt to paint the erronious actions as the norm, or that every flippant complaint should be looked at as if its definitely a violation.

    I am sure you have heard be talk about the UN and the brothels, this is akin to that. There are 900 (450 adjusted for aclu hyperbole) complaints. why not a statement from the TSA or the Admin showing they are concerned for our 4th amendment rights, or that they are investigating seriously?
    Except they have said and are doing investigations. This is standard process. Where have they made any statement that they will not investigate any of these complaints?

    Similar to something we experience on this board...simply because the investigation doesn't come to the conclussion YOU want it to doesn't mean that they're not hearing the complaint.

    no, instead they showed us EXACTLY what they were about on thanksgiving when they shut down these "life and death" scanners to avoid a protest. Security, my ass.
    The hyperbole on their part about the life and death nature of the scanners is as annoying as the hyperbole about groping and fondling. That said, the amount of potential damage to the economy with massive protests on one of the busiest days of the year likely helped cause the situation to be one where they felt that the need for safety was outweighed. Doesn't make it right, but don't think for a second they turned it off because they really provide no benefit to security.

    Built up the strawman zyph, and now knocking it down?
    See above. And the same thing is happening in the federal employee wage thing. Don't say the rich need to pay more because their evil greedy bastards, that's class warfare. But you're fine to say that federal employees need to get paid less because they're lazy incompotent bafoons. Don't say that the military is a bunch of murderous thugs who are just there to get their jollies because of a few bad apples, but be sure to call all the TSA a bunch of sexual molesting perverted idiots because of it. Certain classes or groups of people are perfectly acceptable for conservatives to belittle, stereotype, and degrade in hopes of turning the public against them to push a political agenda.

    When it was my shoes, I was annoyed and didn't care. These full body scanners, violate the 4th amendment, I said so then, I say so now. These invasive pat downs of random folk... Unconstitutional....
    What happens when you refuse to take a breathalyzer? It gives them probable cause to take further action. You turn down going through the security in the technical way, they'll check you the analog way. Don't want either? Fine, take a train, bus, or car.

    And I'm sorry, am I incorrect in believing you're one of those people pushing for racial, ethnic, or religious profiling? If so, what the hell are you even doing bitching about the constitutionality of these searches if you're pushing for something already deemed unconstitutional?

    I didn't realize that all airports were government property or that the government owned ALL the planes in the sky, my bad.
    Actually...yeah, I believe the vast majority (and all the cat-x airports) are on government land. And yes, the sky over the country at the altitudes the planes fly IS government controlled. While they don't own the planes in the sky, they do own the area the planes are flying in.

    Also by that logic, since roads are owned by the precious government, car searches including invasive pat downs for EVERY traffic stop, I mean you voluntarilly drive on thier roads.
    Unlike plane travel, an incident with a car is not likely to have nearly the same impact on our national transportation system nor on our economy so the level of search based on the potential threat isn't the same. Additionally the situations of when the searches could be conducted are not the same if you're talking about traffic stops as that is not a universal access point search.

    If access to any major highway was limited to specific locations and to go through you were subject to a search of your car and of your person, I'd say that would be perfectly legal to do.

Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •