Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 879

Thread: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

  1. #781
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We simply have to look at the actions amd match them to the definition.
    yup

    "running afoul," "privacy" and "civil liberties" are some pretty heavy definitions

    LOL!

  2. #782
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    yup

    "running afoul," "privacy" and "civil liberties" are some pretty heavy definitions

    LOL!
    But not fondling, gropping or molesting.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #783
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    could we PLEASE stop with the "gropping? GROPING.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #784
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    could we PLEASE stop with the "gropping? GROPING.
    If we must.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #785
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    could we PLEASE stop with the "gropping? GROPING.
    It seems that's what much of the American public are saying also.

    You say groping and I say gropping.

    Let's call the whole thing off.

  6. #786
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,190

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    I find it really, really disgusting and frankly pathetic that many of the same types of people who railed and shouted about the "drive by media" style of reporting during Katrina...hyping up singular incidents as the norm, creating a culture where people come out complaining and exaggerating to get attention, reporting on things dishonestly and in exaggerated terms...are now championing this because "See! See! So much is happening! There's so much focus".

    I will say again, anyone that considers what's going on at 99% of those screenings as "groping" are in bad need of some education in their sex life because I feel hugely sorry for whoever their partner is.

    And what's most disgusting is people like Sean Hannity who for years is going on and on and on about security who is now wantonly and openly playing politics with the security of this country and with an agency created and whose procedural methods were put into place under a President he supported simply because he wants to shove his, idiotic and inpractical, political position about profiling down peoples throats.

    The man is more worried about scoring political points, degrading muslims, and pushing his agenda than he is about security with his constant exaggerations, attempts to get the security removed, and denegration of the TSA. He's a pathetic peice of political trash and he's shown himself clearly here. And I garauntee you if we did impliment the unfeasable methods he wanted and Al Qaeda smartens up and recruits a white guy who slaps a bomb on his wheelchair bound grandma, that ****ing **** would be the first one screaming about how horrible security is under Obama, how worthless the TSA is, how the system failed, etc etc.

    You have a work force of millions with a handful of stories coming out, primarily because the media has stirred up a controversy, and its made out to be the norm. You have no intellectual honesty going on that is looking and honestly comparing this with what was going on prior to Obama being in office. You have constant and continual exaggeration, hyperbole, and distortion when speaking about it. If this was anything else you'd have most of the people on the right here screaming about the left wing media bias, the media manufacturing a story, and other such bull**** but when it suits their need to attack Obama then suddenly everything we hear is absolute gospel truth.

    Its ****ing ridiculous.

  7. #787
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I find it really, really disgusting and frankly pathetic that many of the same types of people who railed and shouted about the "drive by media" style of reporting during Katrina...hyping up singular incidents as the norm, creating a culture where people come out complaining and exaggerating to get attention, reporting on things dishonestly and in exaggerated terms...are now championing this because "See! See! So much is happening! There's so much focus".

    I will say again, anyone that considers what's going on at 99% of those screenings as "groping" are in bad need of some education in their sex life because I feel hugely sorry for whoever their partner is.

    And what's most disgusting is people like Sean Hannity who for years is going on and on and on about security who is now wantonly and openly playing politics with the security of this country and with an agency created and whose procedural methods were put into place under a President he supported simply because he wants to shove his, idiotic and inpractical, political position about profiling down peoples throats.

    The man is more worried about scoring political points, degrading muslims, and pushing his agenda than he is about security with his constant exaggerations, attempts to get the security removed, and denegration of the TSA. He's a pathetic peice of political trash and he's shown himself clearly here. And I garauntee you if we did impliment the unfeasable methods he wanted and Al Qaeda smartens up and recruits a white guy who slaps a bomb on his wheelchair bound grandma, that ****ing **** would be the first one screaming about how horrible security is under Obama, how worthless the TSA is, how the system failed, etc etc.

    You have a work force of millions with a handful of stories coming out, primarily because the media has stirred up a controversy, and its made out to be the norm. You have no intellectual honesty going on that is looking and honestly comparing this with what was going on prior to Obama being in office. You have constant and continual exaggeration, hyperbole, and distortion when speaking about it. If this was anything else you'd have most of the people on the right here screaming about the left wing media bias, the media manufacturing a story, and other such bull**** but when it suits their need to attack Obama then suddenly everything we hear is absolute gospel truth.

    Its ****ing ridiculous.
    So you feel that the most efficient way to secure the safety of passengers from Muslims extremists is to humilate and grpe avert Americans, man women and child, who wishes to board an airpplane.

    It seems you're as bereft of any imagination as those in charge of this craziness.

    America used to be ahead of the curve and now because of one unsuccessful shoe bomber everyone in America has to take off their shoes before boarding a plane and because of one unsuccessful crotch bomber everyone has to expose their crotches, or have them groped. It is a dimwitted and unimaginative response more worthy of a third world tyrant than one of the world's leading democracies.

  8. #788
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You have constant and continual exaggeration, hyperbole, and distortion when speaking about it. If this was anything else you'd have most of the people on the right here screaming about the left wing media bias, the media manufacturing a story, and other such bull**** but when it suits their need to attack Obama then suddenly everything we hear is absolute gospel truth.
    direct your rant at the chair and senior member of house homeland security

    "runs afoul of privacy and civil liberties" was their exaggeration

    the aclu's hyperbole was "groping"

  9. #789
    FCK ANITFA, FCK NAZI
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rentin way too much space in your head
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    77,198

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, no one's blaming anyone of anything. We simply have to look at the actions amd match them to the definition. If they don't match, that is not what is was. And your link offered no evidence of any kind, yet you swallowed it up as if it were the gospel. Is this really what a critical thinker does?


    Calling for proper investigation is "swallowing up as if it were gospel"? Please boo stop exaggerating and being so hysterical.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  10. #790
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,190

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you feel that the most efficient way to secure the safety of passengers from Muslims extremists is to humilate and grpe avert Americans, man women and child, who wishes to board an airpplane.
    First, I think one of TSA's biggest issues is being reactionary instead of proactive. The primary threat right now is muslim extremists. That may not always be the main threat. It is also not the only threat. It is also not the ONLY thing the TSA is there for.

    Second, thank you for your pathetic and worthless hyperbole with the "groping" comment.

    Third, yes, I think the most intelligent way to both effecitvely and constitutionally (because unlike some conservatives I don't say "**** the constitution" whenever it benefits me to do so) go about the screening is to screen everyone with further screening happening based on certain criteria. Do I think the way TSA does it right now is the perfect way? Absolutely not. There's definite places for improvement. But I think the general method is the best for the nature of our countries air traffic and the balance of our needs of security, expediency, and constitutionality.

    It seems you're as bereft of any imagination as those in charge of this craziness.
    Yes, silly me, not imagining that its fine to **** on the constitution.

    America used to be ahead of the curve and now because of one unsuccessful shoe bomber everyone in America has to take off their shoes before boarding a plane and because of one unsuccessful crotch bomber everyone has to expose their crotches, or have them groped.
    .

    Yay! More ignorant hyperbole! No one is having their crotches exposed, and once again your implication with the negative tone of the word grope there is far different than what is happening.

    Now I agree, we are horribly reactionary. Guess what, what you and others are proposing is REACTIONARY. Its saying "this is the problem now, lets just deal with that". What you and others are doing is no different than the shoe thing.

    It is a dimwitted and unimaginative response more worthy of a third world tyrant than one of the world's leading democracies.
    The person that wants to **** on the constitution is making an allegation of tyranny...that's funny.

Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •