Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 879

Thread: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

  1. #671
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, if they weren't strip searching 7 y/o little boys, with autism, your point would make perfect sense.

    The 9/11 hijackers were all on the no-fly list and bought tickest using their real names.

    The under-roo bomber bought a one way ticket, paid with cash and didn't have any luggage; nevermind the fact that he was on the no-fly list and his pop ratted him out to the US Embassy; he certainly should have recieved more scrutiny.

    The current procedures are a monument to the stupidity of political correctness. It has nothing to do with stopping terrorists and everything to do with convincing people of how fair we are.

    You're not going to catch a terrorist, by making a stewardess, with 32 years of service in the airline industry, remove her prostetic tit for inspection.
    Granted, the procedures needed "fine tuning", but here you're talking about a few isolated incidents...people either over-stepping their bounds or not fully understanding what not to do. Those issues will be corrected.

    As for one-way travelers, I hear you loud and clear and I agree. But this is just another example of how the right hand isn't talking to the left. I'm referring to some of our security agencies, i.e., FBI, CIA and the like, not coordinating with the FAA/TSA. Granted, these such issues (one-way flights, passengers with prostetics) should be handled differently, but overall we all need to accept the fact that we live in a post-9/11 world and, as such, we're going to be subjected to certain things while traveling on commercial aircraft that will make us uneasy from time to time. If you can't take it, drive or take a bus or the train.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    But you say they'll find a way around security no matter what, so it's not protecting my life. It's only inconveniencing and invading me.

    I'm sure you're all good with the Patriot Act, too.
    I didn't say the terrorist would get through our defenses no matter what. I said they'll keep looking for ways around our security measures until they find a weakness. It's incumbant on us (our government) to do everything they can to stay one step ahead of the terrorist, if they can. Still, I guarentee you that should it be learned that a terrorist under these new airport screening procedures, get past a checkpoint because some TSA screener surcome to the pressures of the day, you and your critics will be screaming FOUL!

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, because we gotta keep a sharp eye on those Catholic nuns and three y/o girls. They can do some sneaky ****.
    If that's one way they infiltrate because they recognize we won't screen Catholic nuns or 3-yo girls, then yes. IMO, no one should be exempt from going through the scanners any more than they should be exempt from going through the metal detectors. And as I understand the security procedures in place, the only time you're subjected to the manual body search is if you either refuse going through the scanner or you're pulled from the line (I assume randomly, but it could be for other reasons) or you refuse being scanned.

    Either way, I think if you cooperate you'll be on your way...no harm,no foul.

    As for the Patriot Act, yes! I was against it until it was revised and updated and made into the USA Patriat Act.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 11-24-10 at 04:36 PM.

  2. #672
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Why does it matter where a terrorist bomb is detonated? How is it any less terrorizing for terrorists to blow up the hundreds of people waiting in line to go through these security check points then blowing up a plane in mid air? The first time they blow up the crowd at the security gate, air travel will be shut down and government officials will be scrambling to convince us they have taken the necessary precautions to prevent that from happening again.

    Hey look, the horse just ran out of the barn, go shut the door!
    Different security protocal.

    One checks passengers before they board commercial planes, the other should screen pedestrians who enter the airport lobby. We're not there yet; the emphasis currently is on preventing commercial planes from being used as missles. Frankly, I, too, see this as a weakness, but you can't provide 100% security for 100% of the potential hazards. Still, I hear you, but the same concerns for large groups at airports could be said for folks gathering at the mall on Black Friday or at a neighborhood football game.

    Pick your security poison.

  3. #673
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Then you're just gonna have to be pissed off. If it means protecting your life -vs- 15-20 mins inconvenience, I say be inconvenienced!

    When 9/11 happened we had citizens screaming at the FAA and the Bush Administration asking...demanding to know why our government didn't do enough to protect us. Now that they (the TSA) have these security measures in place, these same people are complaining about being touched or inconvenienced. But the moment another hijacker gets through airport security because they weren't properly searched, yourself and others will be right back complaining to the government again demanding to know why they didn't screen the hijackers.

    IT'S RIDICULOUS!!!

    If you don't want your junk to be touched, go through the scanner. If you must get manually screened, accept it as a necessary security procedure FOR YOUR SAFETY and the SECURITY OF THE NATION and move on!

    It's really just that simple. No call to your freedom being taken away, no intrusion on your person, no civil or human rights violations. ENOUGH OF THE BS! Just go throught the scanner, get frisked if necessary, board your flight and have a nice day.

    I am sure this has been the call of many a totalitarian over the centuries.


    Watch starting at 2:45....1 Minute




    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #674
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Different security protocal.

    One checks passengers before they board commercial planes, the other should screen pedestrians who enter the airport lobby. We're not there yet; the emphasis currently is on preventing commercial planes from being used as missles. Frankly, I, too, see this as a weakness, but you can't provide 100% security for 100% of the potential hazards. Still, I hear you, but the same concerns for large groups at airports could be said for folks gathering at the mall on Black Friday or at a neighborhood football game.

    Pick your security poison.

    We don’t need to do anything to prevent planes from being missiles. If you recall 9/11, word spread so fast that appeasing terrorists doesn’t help, that passengers on the third plane refused to allow it to happen again. We also allow armed marshals on planes, so you don’t need this sort of draconian solution.

    You are just agreeing to slap a bandaid on after the fact. Once they blow up the entrance to the check point, you move the check point. How does that solve anything? They still have some point prior to the check point where we are all herded together because of the natural bottle neck it creates.

  5. #675
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am sure this has been the call of many a totalitarian over the centuries.


    Watch starting at 2:45....1 Minute




    j-mac


    Here we go...the Gestapo cometh. Better run and hide or start goose stepping and chanting, "Hail Hitler" loud and proud.


  6. #676
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    We don’t need to do anything to prevent planes from being missiles. If you recall 9/11, word spread so fast that appeasing terrorists doesn’t help, that passengers on the third plane refused to allow it to happen again. We also allow armed marshals on planes, so you don’t need this sort of draconian solution.

    You are just agreeing to slap a bandaid on after the fact. Once they blow up the entrance to the check point, you move the check point. How does that solve anything? They still have some point prior to the check point where we are all herded together because of the natural bottle neck it creates.
    Again, you don't like it and wish to avoid the "bottle neck" that may provide an opportunity for a potential terrorist to cause mass casualty in airport lobbies, DON'T FLY ON COMMERCIAL AIRLINES. Drive your car to your next destination, or travel via bus or rail. Your choice if you don't want to be inconvenienced that much. But stop trying to inject fear where there is none. You guys wanted more airport security after 9/11 and now your whining about it. SHUT UP already and deal with it.

    Besides, we got lucky to discover the other hijacked planes. Why? Because the hijackers didn't quite know how to turn off interior PA systems, transponders or the plane's communications system between themselves and air traffic control towers. If it weren't for those misteps, the FAA may not have known what was going on until more damage had been done.

    Don't kid yourself, sir. The terrorist could have dealt us a much more significant blow had it NOT been for their mistakes not our own vigilence.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 11-24-10 at 04:54 PM.

  7. #677
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post


    Here we go...the Gestapo cometh. Better run and hide or start goose stepping and chanting, "Hail Hitler" loud and proud.

    I showed you that clip to show that what the German soldier was saying to the American, is very similar to what you are saying here.....Shhhhhh, it's ok....just take it....shhhhh....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #678
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    The terrorist could have dealt us a much more significant blow had it NOT been for their mistakes not our own vigilence.
    And your knowledge of this is gained how? Fact is, that if this were a repub President, and HS sec doing this you'd probably be on the side railing against it. But let it be 'the One' that is okey dokey with it, and so are you.....If you value your rights so little that you would trade them for security, then I am sure that there are plenty of places on this earth where you would be perfectly safe without them.....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #679
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Well, here's a creative approach to the problem (with video): Have Bikini, Will Travel

    Thousands of passengers are expected Wednesday at LAX, and one came prepared by leaving little to the imagination and TSA agents with even less to pat down.

    "I'm wearing my bikini," Corinne said as she unbuttoned her overcoat outside the terminal to reveal a black two-piece. "It's not that I'm concerned, it's that I feel like the TSA is making travelers feel uncomfortable, and I feel like we can have security measures that don't make people feel uncomfortable.

    "Every time I go through security I always say, 'I don't even know why I got dressed this morning.' I end up taking off belts, jewelry and everthing else off anyway."
    The approach would be quite stressful in cold climates, but it should make a good show for the security cameras.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  10. #680
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Well, here's a creative approach to the problem (with video): Have Bikini, Will Travel


    The approach would be quite stressful in cold climates, but it should make a good show for the security cameras.

    I hope she's hot.....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •