Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 879

Thread: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

  1. #561
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It was a problem, but not fondling or feeling up. As this person noted, it was merely inexperience in dealing with people with a medical condition. He was not hateful or hyperbolic, but someone making a reasonable argument. And has even been asked to help train, and he is considering it.

    Do you see the difference yet?
    I see, so no one thought about the fact that frisking children was moronic, or that people with disabilities would be flying on airplanes? How many incidents aren't being reported?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #562
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I see, so no one thought about the fact that frisking children was moronic, or that people with disabilities would be flying on airplanes? How many incidents aren't being reported?
    Never said the above, and it appears really only a few are being reported. I have not said there is no reason for objection, but that aexaggerating isn't the way to go about it. I even, and I keep pointing this out, showed a reasonable complaint as it related to children.

    having a reasonable complaint is different than losing your mind and screaming fondling and feeling up. There is a real difference.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #563
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Never said the above, and it appears really only a few are being reported. I have not said there is no reason for objection, but that aexaggerating isn't the way to go about it. I even, and I keep pointing this out, showed a reasonable complaint as it related to children.

    having a reasonable complaint is different than losing your mind and screaming fondling and feeling up. There is a real difference.
    The "Roach Hotel" approach at the airports is also illegal. Trying to stop people from leaving airports and fine them $10K is absurd.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #564
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Quite a difference in the two things. Torture is expressedly illegal, not to mention immoral.
    Is running your hand up the habbit of a Nun immoral? how about a child?

    And I don't see anyone giving up freedom. It's a simple pat down. No freedom taken away at as best I can see.
    Joe, I like ya, but willing blindness is no excuse.

    But, again, I repeat, it is the hyperbole and exaggeration I am having a problem with. It isn't fondling or feeling up.
    People that have gone through this have likened it to a sexual assault. Are they exaggerating?

    You are free to go through the scanner, not much different than the metal scanners we've gone through for years.
    Absolutely untrue. Reports of these machines, and even the TSA themselves note that the scanners show amazing detail, even to the point of detecting, and showing sweat on someone's back. Now that effectively makes you naked to the person viewing the scan. I doubt metal detectors see that do they?

    There doesn't seem to actually be a health risk
    As of yet inconclusive, but ok.

    and there certainly isn't any sexual about them.
    For a while yesterday there was a story buzzing around about a Colorado TSA man arrested for masturbating while screening a High School girls team through a check point. It was later debunked, however, not so hard to imagine is it really?

    But if you don't want to do that, you are free to choose a pat down, or not to fly. So, no freedom is being taken away.
    Except your freedom to fly. And most important your 4th amendment freedom. Now I agree you don't have a right to fly, but it is a freedom.

    And no laws broken that I can see. And certainly nothing equal to torture.
    "Torture" is your hyperbole.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #565
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

    Pretty clear here.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #566
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    And I don't see anyone giving up freedom. It's a simple pat down. No freedom taken away at as best I can see.

    That right there is signature material.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #567
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The "Roach Hotel" approach at the airports is also illegal. Trying to stop people from leaving airports and fine them $10K is absurd.
    It's ridiculous.


  8. #568
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

    Pretty clear here.

    j-mac
    Opt-in scanning to stop possible terrorist attacks is unreasonable?

    I don't have a problem with having a process with scanning travelers. My biggest problem is the inefficient way it's done. The government spent tons of money on these scanner setups in airports across the nation only to revert back to a manual pat down because it was found out these expensive machines were useless in detecting almost anything that could actually be used in a terrorist attack.

    On top of all that the top x-ray companies are racking in millions in revenue at the expense of tax payer to provide a useless product that may very well have horrible long term health impact in forms of cancer for frequent fliers. Is slowly killing off a few hundred thousand American citizens with out-dated back-scatter x-ray technology worth the security?
    Last edited by Gibberish; 11-23-10 at 02:48 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  9. #569
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Opt-in scanning to stop possible terrorist attacks is unreasonable?

    I don't have a problem with having a process with scanning travelers. My biggest problem is the inefficient way it's done. The government spent tons of money on these scanner setups in airports across the nation only to revert back to a manual pat down because it was found out these expensive machines were useless in detecting almost anything that could actually be used in a terrorist attack.

    On top of all that the top x-ray companies are racking in millions in revenue at the expense of tax payer to provide a useless product that may very well have horrible long term health impact in forms of cancer for frequent fliers. Is slowly killing off a few hundred thousand American citizens with out-dated back-scatter x-ray technology worth the security?

    Much of your point is well taken, however I do have a problem with the "reasonable" part of this. Is it really reasonable to be searching a person with a catheter? A Nun? A child? on inner US flights from point A to point B with in the US? I'd say no. What it is is a response with heavy PC thrown in so as not to offend our true enemies.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #570
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    That right there is signature material.
    What's so funny? I completely agree with Boo... nothing could make me feel more "free" than being detained by the government under threat of arrest or massive fines unless I submit to genital groping by a gloved security guard.

    Now that I think about it, it probably epitomizes the ideal of Liberty.

Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •