Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 879

Thread: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

  1. #331
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    What?
    If an explosive is set off, then the plane can't be hijacked, now can it? On account of everyone on board being dead.
    I really have no idea where you're going with this. No one is going to hijack an aircraft in the United States again for a very very long time. Ergo, any terrorists on board the plane are only a danger to the other passengers on board the plane. Hence, bringing up the specter of another 9/11 to justify draconian security procedures is incredibly stupid. Nothing like that is going to happen again. The worst case scenario for air terrorism would be something like Lockerbie...which A) didn't occur in the US, and B) was caused by explosives in the cargo hold, not explosives on a passenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Passengers aren't going to sit idly by while a terrorist hijacks the plane anymore. What incentive do they have to cooperate if they think they're going to be flown into a building, instead of rerouted to Cuba? Not to mention, of course, that it's much more physically difficult to hijack a plane now that the doors to the cockpit are basically sealed.
    El Al subjects every single piece of luggage, both checked and carry-on, to decompression before it's put on an airplane. Why? Because this rules out the possibility of an altitude detonation. Hijackers won't be hijackers anymore because you're right. They'd have little chance of effecting a take-over of an airplane -- both because of cockpit security and passenger reaction.

    They will be suicide bombers.

    They will hide their explosives under their burqas...they'll wrap them in baby blankets...they'll wear them between their legs. If they are given free rein at airport checkpoints, they will succeed.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #332
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    The fundamental problem here for you, Boo, is that I didn't. The closest I came, at all, was to say that there are those who have gone through it who thought so.

    So, all this "hyperbole" bull**** is exactly that. You simply dismiss any argument as such.
    Well, you certainly seem to be defending those who use that hyperbole, so I really don't see the difference. Perhaps you could articlate your actual views?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We are told that these measures have to be in place because of the underwear bomber, when that man boarded the plane in Amsterdam in the first place NOT here, and Dutch authorities ignored warning signs and red flags including his own father pleading with them to watch out.

    This is the "crisis going to waste" theory. And it might interest people to know that not only does former HS Sec Chertoff have a stake in these machines, but up until two days ago so did a company Called OSI, owned and funded by Geo. Soros.

    j-mac
    So, if it happened somewhere else, we should not be concerned about it? What else other than safety do you really believe can be gained by the "crisis"?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #334
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,570

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, you certainly seem to be defending those who use that hyperbole, so I really don't see the difference.
    The difference is in being honest or not. You choose not.


    Perhaps you could articlate your actual views?
    I have, numerous times.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #335
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by theangryamerican View Post
    You've glossed over it at least twice now.


    Please, rationalize the above. Where else do you think overly invasive, yet unnecessary security should be implemented?
    To be honest I'm not following you at all. I think I've been quite clear. I"ve explained the problem with lsitening to too many people. I've noted that a person coming to a place is different than simply living your life. No one said airports were the only place we're vulnable. That's a strawman you've invented for yourself. We can't protect every place. But we can take reasonable places where we've seen a problem and there is a reasonable way to help protect people.

    And you might also note we have metal detectors at schools, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few students in those places got a pat down once or twice.

    Now, unless you can more clearly articulate your point, I believe you have been fully answered.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    The difference is in being honest or not. You choose not.




    I have, numerous times.
    Well, what I recall is you defending the hyperbolic exaggerations. If I'm wrong, please point out your actual position.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #337
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,570

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, what I recall is you defending the hyperbolic exaggerations. If I'm wrong, please point out your actual position.
    You made your own mistakes; that isn't my problem. Go back and read.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #338
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You made your own mistakes; that isn't my problem. Go back and read.
    I have. I first ran across killing the industry in post 251. That is hyperbolic.

    Then there is you calling refering to people who disagree with you as having a Napoleon complex in post 255.

    And let's not forget, you start with me defending those who called it molestation and feeling up? Do you deny that?

    So, you call it unreasonable to place you with those who use hyperbolic language and over exaggerate? Seriously?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #339
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,570

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    So which is it, Boo? Are you "not following me at all," or have you figured out exactly what my position is? What I find unreasonable is the obvious contradiction, which belies any good faith you're trying to present here.

    And also your shifting goalposts; what you claimed is that I said specific things which I did not. And now to make it seem like you didn't pooch it, you're claiming you simply said I "over-exaggerate." Which, of course, further torpedoes the tone of good faith you're trying to present.

    You're being exceptionally dishonest. And I've lost count of how many times of I've asked you this now, but if you're right, why do you have to make things up?
    Last edited by Harshaw; 11-19-10 at 12:42 PM.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #340
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,376

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, if it happened somewhere else, we should not be concerned about it?
    Wow, how did you possibly glean THAT from the statement you quoted?

    He is saying that the places where we step up security are the wrong places. Intelligence / information sharing is one example that proves in constant need of fixing.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •