Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 879

Thread: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

  1. #161
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It is all a response to the same problem. We're afraid of terroist, and in that fear, we've been willing to invade, willing to torture, willing to let the government spy, but not willing to be searched. I find this odd.

    Also, i'm not saying we're equal to terroist. Why do some miss the actual arguemnt?
    I haven't heard anyone object to being searched. It's the groping of genitals and virtually naked pictures plastered everywhere that has everyone up in arms.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #162
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It is all a response to the same problem. We're afraid of terroist, and in that fear, we've been willing to invade, willing to torture, willing to let the government spy, but not willing to be searched. I find this odd.

    Also, i'm not saying we're equal to terroist. Why do some miss the actual arguemnt?
    Because you didn't actually make one.

    What's your position on this? State it clearly.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #163
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I haven't heard anyone object to being searched. It's the groping of genitals and virtually naked pictures plastered everywhere that has everyone up in arms.
    Which is kind of a hyperbolic misrepresentation of what is going on. We're adults and these things are not that extreme.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Because you didn't actually make one.

    What's your position on this? State it clearly.
    I think it is fine. I have no problem with either the scanner or being searched.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #165
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It is all a response to the same problem. We're afraid of terroist, and in that fear, we've been willing to invade, willing to torture, willing to let the government spy, but not willing to be searched. I find this odd.
    You use the term "we" as if we are all collectively doing this stuff. Perhaps your argument wouldn't be so flawed if you didn't group people together that you shouldn't.

    Also, i'm not saying we're equal to terroist. Why do some miss the actual arguemnt?
    Perhaps if your argument were properly framed and you weren't clumping the US government who "tortures" and the US citizens who have to deal with these security protocols, it wouldn't be a problem.

  6. #166
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think it is fine. I have no problem with either the scanner or being searched.
    Good for you. Not everyone feels this way. Frankly, I'm not entirely comfortable with a fat sweaty TSA guy feeling me or any of the members of my family up. If you are, that's fine for you.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which is kind of a hyperbolic misrepresentation of what is going on. We're adults and these things are not that extreme.
    You would certainly (I hope) call it extreme if your 4 year old daughter or grandaughter was fondled by a stranger while she screamed her head off begging for them to stop.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #168
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You would certainly (I hope) call it extreme if your 4 year old daughter or grandaughter was fondled by a stranger while she screamed her head off begging for them to stop.
    I know I sure as hell would do more than call it extreme.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You would certainly (I hope) call it extreme if your 4 year old daughter or grandaughter was fondled by a stranger while she screamed her head off begging for them to stop.
    No one is fondled. Seriously, that's hyperbole on your part.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: TSA ejects Oceanside man from airport for refusing security check

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Good for you. Not everyone feels this way. Frankly, I'm not entirely comfortable with a fat sweaty TSA guy feeling me or any of the members of my family up. If you are, that's fine for you.
    No one is feeling anyone up.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •