Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 124

Thread: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

  1. #91
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    When you can actually sddress what I said. let me know.
    That you have yet to do so indicates that you know you cannot.
    Once again....ladies and gentlemen....the Goobie Shuffle.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #92
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    In today's political climate, Reagan would be called a RINO.
    Yet he's still worshipped. Twists the mind a bit, doesn't it?
    and the moonbat left to the moderate dems would call John F. Kennedy a "fascist" or "hater of the poor" or "Gun Nut" today



  3. #93
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Once again....ladies and gentlemen....the Goobie Shuffle.
    Anyone that reads this thread will see that you had an argument put to you that negates your claim. and that you subsequently refused to address said argument. Nothing you do or say from that point will change that, except for you to actually address the argument.

  4. #94
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,790

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    There is a fact of life that some on the right had better accept - if not learn to love. The American people are in no mood to hear CATO Institute propaganda about why the government can renege on Social Security payments or any such ideological excuses. The American people have paid into Social Security for all their adult lives. No matter what you may think of it after reading right wing propaganda, everyone I know considers that they have a sacred contract with the government regarding Social Security. I can think of no other one program that would go as far as to destroy the confidence that average working people have in America that to allow the destruction of Social Security.

    We do not consider it an entitlement. We consider it a sacred contract that we have done our part on and now the other party must honor their part. And please folks, save the crap about its not a contract. Because you are totally then missing the point.

    Of course, if that is the intent, its a plan worth of Machiavelli himself.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #95
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    There is a fact of life that some on the right had better accept - if not learn to love. The American people are in no mood to hear CATO Institute propaganda about why the government can renege on Social Security payments or any such ideological excuses. The American people have paid into Social Security for all their adult lives. No matter what you may think of it after reading right wing propaganda, everyone I know considers that they have a sacred contract with the government regarding Social Security. I can think of no other one program that would go as far as to destroy the confidence that average working people have in America that to allow the destruction of Social Security.

    We do not consider it an entitlement. We consider it a sacred contract that we have done our part on and now the other party must honor their part. And please folks, save the crap about its not a contract. Because you are totally then missing the point.

    Of course, if that is the intent, its a plan worth of Machiavelli himself.
    contracts that place burdens on people that don't even exist today are pretty ****ty contracts.

    do you agree with that?

  6. #96
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Anyone that reads this thread will see that you had an argument put to you that negates your claim. and that you subsequently refused to address said argument. Nothing you do or say from that point will change that, except for you to actually address the argument.
    LOL....what they will see Goob, is you continuing to dance your shuffle. I addressed your argument and pointed out how the facts themselves dispel your myth under both Reagan and Bush.

    Why don't you address the facts....you claim that wealth cannot be "redistributed" by tax rates. How then can you explain the disproportionate redistribution of wealth under both Reagan and Bush?

    (BTW....I won't hold my breath waiting for an actual response)....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #97
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I addressed your argument and pointed out how the facts themselves dispel your myth under both Reagan and Bush.
    No, you did not, and anyone with even the most limited mastery of the language will agree.
    Your example isnt at all illustrative of the subject under discussion - in fact, it was nothing but a feeble attempt to distract the conversation away from an argument that you know you cannot counter.

    Allow me to put this at a 1st grade level -- maybe (just maybe) it will help you better understand.

    Redistribution:
    -I earn $1000. I pay $250 in taxes. $50 goes to other poeple thru welfare.
    Tax cut:
    -I earn $1000. I pay $250 in taxes. My taxes are cut to $200; I get to keep $50 more of what I earned.

    In these terms, show how a tax cut is redistributuion.

    (BTW....I won't hold my breath waiting for an actual response)

  8. #98
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, you did not, and anyone with even the most limited mastery of the language will agree.
    Your example isnt at all illustrative of the subject under discussion - in fact, it was nothing but a feeble attempt to distract the conversation away from an argument that you know you cannot counter.

    Allow me to put this at a 1st grade level -- maybe (just maybe) it will help you better understand.

    Redistribution:
    -I earn $1000. I pay $250 in taxes. $50 goes to other poeple thru welfare.
    Tax cut:
    -I earn $1000. I pay $250 in taxes. My taxes are cut to $200; I get to keep $50 more of what I earned.

    In these terms, show how a tax cut is redistributuion.

    (BTW....I won't hold my breath waiting for an actual response)
    The only thing you are "proving" Goob is your inability to answer the question. You've danced all around it, why don't you at least make a minor attempt to answer. Are you capable of answering it?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #99
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The only thing you are "proving" Goob is your inability to answer the question.
    Hmm. Perhaps I used too complicated an example, with terms beyond your reach.
    I'll try again in in terms you should be very familiar with.

    Redsitribution:
    -You have 10 cookies.
    -Mommy says since you have so many, she's taking 3.
    -1 goes to the poor kids next door.
    Tax cut:
    -You have 10 cookies.
    -Mommy normally takes 3, but this time she takes only 2.
    -You get to keep one extra!

    In these terms, show how a tax cut is redistributuion.
    (BTW....I won't hold my breath waiting for an actual response)

  10. #100
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Hmm. Perhaps I used too complicated an example, with terms beyond your reach.
    I'll try again in in terms you should be very familiar with.

    Redsitribution:
    -You have 10 cookies.
    -Mommy says since you have so many, she's taking 3.
    -1 goes to the poor kids next door.
    Tax cut:
    -You have 10 cookies.
    -Mommy normally takes 3, but this time she takes only 2.
    -You get to keep one extra!

    In these terms, show how a tax cut is redistributuion.
    (BTW....I won't hold my breath waiting for an actual response)
    LOL...once again displaying your inability to answer the question. Keep Dancing Goob....keep dancing.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •