Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: White House edits stain its reliance on science

  1. #1
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,385
    Blog Entries
    12

    White House edits stain its reliance on science

    Academics, environmentalists and federal investigators have accused the administration since the April spill of downplaying scientific findings, misrepresenting data and most recently misconstruing the opinions of experts it solicited.

    Meanwhile, the owner of the rig that exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, Transocean Ltd., is renewing its argument that federal investigators are in danger of allowing the blowout preventer, a key piece of evidence, to corrode as it awaits forensic analysis. Testing had not begun as of last week, the company says, some two months after it was raised from the seafloor.

    The latest complaint from scientists comes in a report by the Interior Department's inspector general, which concluded that the White House edited a drilling safety report...

    White House edits stain its reliance on science - Yahoo! News

    Original Source: AP
    and at
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44921.html
    The White House rewrote crucial sections of an Interior Department report to suggest an independent group of scientists and engineers supported a six-month ban on offshore oil drilling, the Interior inspector general says in a new report.
    That is corruption. They went before a Fed Judge with this document knowing it misrepresented the truth... a lie... in court.
    They should go after Salazar and his Dept. and the lawyers that knowingly doctored the report and let it go before the Judge/Court to deceive him into bringing about a decision they wanted.

    I guess this can be filed under never waste a crisis.
    I recall Obama's election claim repeatedly he had tremendous judgment.

    This man is Machiavellian.

    Remember this?

    Crude Politics
    The drilling experts speak out on the Obama deepwater moratorium.

    Before the Obama Administration sweeps under the carpet the controversy over the drilling experts it falsely used to justify its moratorium...


    ...there was no discussion of a moratorium on existing drilling. "Because if anybody had [made that suggestion], we'd have said 'that's craziness.'"

    Ken Arnold, an engineer and consultant, said the changes went beyond just the drilling moratorium...

    Yet when the final report came out, the timelines he saw had been removed... Mr. Arnold adds that the Administration's decision to allow industry to continue drilling "gas injection wells"—which, he says, are no more risky than production wells—only shows the moratorium makes "no sense."

    "This was a political call; this was not a technical call," says Mr. Arnold...

    Crude Politics - WSJ.com
    Last edited by zimmer; 11-11-10 at 08:22 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #2
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: White House edits stain its reliance on science

    this is not transparency
    this is obfuscation

    this is NOT change we can believe in
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: White House edits stain its reliance on science

    If it's proven that the administration, intentionally altered data to support it's agenda and at the same time, putting tens of thousands of Americans out of work, there needs to be a serious investigation. Not sure if that would be a crime, but it damn sure oughta be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: White House edits stain its reliance on science

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If it's proven that the administration, intentionally altered data to support it's agenda and at the same time, putting tens of thousands of Americans out of work, there needs to be a serious investigation. Not sure if that would be a crime, but it damn sure oughta be.
    no. the administration has an authority to impose a moratorium, which would potentially have negative economic consequences
    but the administration is being disingenuous when it attempts to paint its decision as one which received the assent of a peer review
    that is an overt attempt to shirk responsibility for the administration's actions/decisions. if the administration can justify its basis for issuing the moratorium, then that is what should be expressed. it should not mislead the public in its attempt to portray the peer review as having blessed the administration's actions
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House edits stain its reliance on science

    this is devastating (tho not in the least surprising)

    this was the INSPECTOR GENERAL from obnoxious obama's own INTERIOR DEPT (ken salazar) making this REPORT

    it frankly charges the white house with downplaying the SCIENCE of bp at the expense of POLITICS

    the administration MISREPRESENTED the data

    in other words, our leaders LIED

    the INSPECTOR GENERAL specifically debunks white house claims that its "findings" were PEER REVIEWED

    only ONE MONTH ago, obfuscating obama's own SPILL COMMISSION reached the exact same conclusions

    from the op:

    Last month, staff for the presidential oil spill commission said that the White House's budget office delayed publication of a scientific report that forecast how much oil could reach the Gulf's shores. Federal scientists initially used a volume of oil that did not account for the administration's various cleanup efforts, but the government ultimately cited smaller amounts of oil.

    The same report said that President Barack Obama's energy adviser, Carol Browner, mischaracterized on national TV a government analysis about where the oil went, saying it showed most of the oil was "gone." The report said it could still be there. It also said that Browner and the head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Jane Lubchenco, contributed to the public's perception the report was more exact than it was by emphasizing peer review.
    ah, so the ivy hall elitists are liars

    the peers reviewed retracted:

    All seven experts asked to review the Interior Department's work expressed concern about the change made by the White House, saying that it differed in important ways from the draft they had approved.
    do you remember a few weeks ago when obtuse obama cited FACTS and SCIENCE and ARGUMENT as he most recently INSULTED the knuckle dragging electorate which only days later would REPEAL and REPLACE 65 congressfolk, 6 senators, 10 governors and 20 state legislatures out of pelosi's party of progressivism?

    "People out there are still hurting very badly, and they are still scared. And so part of the reason that our politics seems so tough right now, and facts and science and argument does (sic) not seem to be winning the day all the time, is because we're hard-wired not to always think clearly when we're scared."
    Obama: Voters 'Scared,' Not Thinking Clearly About Election - FoxNews.com

    ah, the bit about the LIZARD BRAIN, again

    obtuse obama's "science," it turns out, is as bad as his economics, heck, as bereft even as his basic arithmetic

    STILL not embarrassed?

    perfect

    party on

    keep pelosi
    Last edited by The Prof; 11-11-10 at 11:38 AM.

  6. #6
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,385
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: White House edits stain its reliance on science

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If it's proven that the administration, intentionally altered data to support it's agenda and at the same time, putting tens of thousands of Americans out of work, there needs to be a serious investigation. Not sure if that would be a crime, but it damn sure oughta be.
    Oh, going before the court with falsified documents, and selling their case using those doctored docs, and having the judge make his ruling on that evidence is criminal.

    Calling Congressman Issa... calling Congressman Issa... Congressman Issa... pick up the Red Phone please.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 11-11-10 at 12:13 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: White House edits stain its reliance on science

    Jindal and Barber need to be all over this.

    I wonder if this gets traction soon, if at all. Will anyone other than Fox cover this on television?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: White House edits stain its reliance on science

    I see the liberals are staying away in droves. Either they are also pissed, or they have not yet received their opinions and marching orders from Olbermann and Maddow.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: White House edits stain its reliance on science

    Where are those liberals?

  10. #10
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: White House edits stain its reliance on science

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Where are those liberals?
    The moment you say "liberals are staying away," we're more likely to stay away. Because then it looks like they're responding because of your prodding.

    Wait. That's what I'm doing. DAMNIT.

    Anyway. This sounds like some shady business. I'd like to see the original report and the edits that the White House made. This is the kind of bull**** that always happens when you let politicians and bureaucrats get ahold of the work done by scientists before its published. Dictator Deuce would never allow such things.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •