Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 235

Thread: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

  1. #61
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sorry, no prejudice, there.

    That's just like calling me a racist, because I'm not in lockstep with Obama's policies.

    Just some more of the same ol', "You disagree with me, so yooze-a-racist, sexist, homophobe, bigot", argument.

    Nice try, though.
    You are making unsubstantiated generalizations about a group of people. That goes pretty far beyond simple disagreement.

  2. #62
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which is why it blows my mind that the DADT abolitionists won't listen to what I've said a gazillion times: Leave Don't ask, don't tell in place and just lift the ban on gays. Otherwise, a Republican president will simply re-instate the outright ban, via executive order and, "DADT", will turn into, Do ask, do tell.
    I doubt that. It's like Medicare. When it passed, the GOP screamed bloody murder, but now many politicians in that party will do exactly that if there's the slightest hint of cuts to that program. I highly doubt that a Republican President would expend political capital on such an issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    For a buncha folks that claim to be so much smarter than the rest of us, they sure as hell do seem to lack any kind of ability to see past their own nose.

    Incredible! Trully incredible!
    Cool generalizations, bro.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You are making unsubstantiated generalizations about a group of people. That goes pretty far beyond simple disagreement.
    I wasn't making a generalization about gays. You need to go re-read my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I doubt that. It's like Medicare. When it passed, the GOP screamed bloody murder, but now many politicians in that party will do exactly that if there's the slightest hint of cuts to that program. I highly doubt that a Republican President would expend political capital on such an issue.



    Cool generalizations, bro.
    Not a generalization, bro. Just a fact. Libbos think they're smarter than the rest of the world and that's why we need to step aside and let them call the shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not a generalization, bro. Just a fact. Libbos think they're smarter than the rest of the world and that's why we need to step aside and let them call the shots.
    Wait... dont you mean "The isolated homogenized minority of conservatives led by the mega rich think they know better than the world"

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Wait... dont you mean "The isolated homogenized minority of conservatives led by the mega rich think they know better than the world"

    You proved my point better than I ever could. Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not a generalization, bro. Just a fact. Libbos think they're smarter than the rest of the world and that's why we need to step aside and let them call the shots.
    Somebody just divided by zero.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-11-10 at 09:43 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #68
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I wasn't making a generalization about gays. You need to go re-read my post.
    I read it. Particularly the part that said, "I'm gay and I'm in your ****ing face". What group of people did you mean by "I'm gay' if not the gays? This ought to be good.

    Furthermore, you continuously make the argument that allowing gays to serve openly means that extremists should be allowed to serve openly when you can't provide evidence that...

    1. It would benefit national security to do so.
    2. It would be supported by most Americans.
    3. It would not piss off the troops.
    4. It would not hurt our current war efforts.
    5. It would be supported by the Secretary of Defense and toip military leaders.

  9. #69
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,055

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If it doesn't pass in the lame duck, I guess we will see whether Obama has the balls to pull that kind of move.
    I don't know what kind of balls we're looking for here. With the Air Force ending DADT and then the Pentagon suspending it for all branches after the judge made her call, this administration had an opportunity to fullfill its promise with the support of the military. It chose not to and went in the other direction. You got to wonder why.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  10. #70
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I wasn't making a generalization about gays. You need to go re-read my post.
    No. You are making generalizations about those who support repealing DADT and allowing gays to serve openly. You assume that they only want such a repeal based on Constitutional rights. You are wrong. There are many other reasons to support allowing gays to serve openly, which have been pointed out to you.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •