Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 235

Thread: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

  1. #51
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I was wrong, I was thinking of Collins. Snowe has indicated a willingness to vote for a repeal after the DoD review is released, and several other republicans have suggested a willingness to vote for repeal pending the DoD review.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #52
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't need a poll, nor any documentation, to demonstrate that the opposition to DADT isn't about constitutional rights, or what's good for our armed forces. It's about nothing, other than, "I'm gay and I'm in your ****ing face". Which makes the entire anti-DADT crowd a buncha hypocrites.
    So since it's what you believe, you think it's true, even though you have no evidence.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #53
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What hell does a Federal court know about national security?

    And, most polls are bull****.

    Your point, is?

    Stop the hypocrisy!!!
    My point is that you are ignoring any and all evidence which does not validate your prejudice. It's pretty blatant and sad.

    U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Admiral Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, have urged Congress to repeal the current policy. Have they done that for extremists?

  4. #54
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There are plenty of people who are members of extremist groups that live normal lives, minding their own business.

    Some of your closest friends may be klan, black panthers, communists; you don't know. Are you going to stop being friends with them, if you find out that they are?
    Yes to the first two, probably not to the third. Some one who could support the Klan or Black Panthers is not some one I could be associated with. Communist I would just consider them foolish politically, kinda like Tea Partiers.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    My point is that you are ignoring any and all evidence which does not validate your prejudice. It's pretty blatant and sad.

    U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Admiral Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, have urged Congress to repeal the current policy. Have they done that for extremists?
    OMG! Please, point out my prejudice. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes to the first two, probably not to the third. Some one who could support the Klan or Black Panthers is not some one I could be associated with. Communist I would just consider them foolish politically, kinda like Tea Partiers.
    But, you don't know that you're not already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #57
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    OMG! Please, point out my prejudice. Thanks in advance.
    Gladly...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's about nothing, other than, "I'm gay and I'm in your ****ing face".
    As you can see here, you refuse to hear the arguments and you demonize your opposition. This is nothing but your prejudice towards gays.

  8. #58
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Gladly...



    As you can see here, you refuse to hear the arguments and you demonize your opposition. This is nothing but your prejudice towards gays.

    Sorry, no prejudice, there.

    That's just like calling me a racist, because I'm not in lockstep with Obama's policies.

    Just some more of the same ol', "You disagree with me, so yooze-a-racist, sexist, homophobe, bigot", argument.

    Nice try, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Gladly...



    As you can see here, you refuse to hear the arguments and you demonize your opposition. This is nothing but your prejudice towards gays.
    Stop pointing out the obvious Captain Obvious.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ending US military gay ban 'won't harm war effort'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, you don't know that you're not already.
    You asked about finding out. If I found out, I could not be a friend with a KKKer or Black Panther.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •