I can't make it any clearer.
I can't make it any clearer.
I never said Duece was a liberal
I never said that, if he was a liberal, he was in the 90%
Deuce is a big boy, he doesn't need you to fight his non-existant battles for him
It's Veteran's Day, and I want to put out a Thank You to all those who served.
You've freed hundreds of millions of people from tyranny, and kept us safe.
Thank You, and God Bless You and your families.
I AM DEPLORABLE.
NEVER CRIMINAL HILLARY (S-NY)
1) DADT has been a burden upon the Marine Corps and the Army. And yes, as always, I can back this up. The numbers show sharp increase in court martials and administration seperations the year DADT began. The numbers steadily grew in all 4 branches over the years. After a while it became obvious that most "gays" voicing their sexual prefernece weren't gay and were usinjg DADT for a quick back to civilian life. However, post 9-11, the Marine Corps and the Army saw drastic drops in these numbers and they have stayed low ever since. Only the Air Force has an extreme amount of numbers forced out. The fact here is that the Marine Corps and the Army no longer wished to allow DADT to dwindle numbers on the eve of deployments and such. The Air Force have still not figured out where they fit into this war so they could afford to continue the DADT game. Since 9/11, the Marine Corps and Army have been largely looking the other way despite Washington's approval of DADT.
2) President Obama requests the Pentagon conduct studies on how to impliment gays serving openly in the military. Not "if" they could serve, but "how to impliment" the inevitable.
3) A federal judge declares DADT unconstitutional after a long suit.
4) The Air Force immediately declares that they are through with DADT.
5) In short time, the Pentagon issues an order to suspend DADT.
6) BUT...... The Secretary of Defense immediately issues a later order to the Pentagon to continue DADT because that is the "law of the land." President Obama's step backwards is probably due to his need to continue keeping the military support and wants to end the policy with the military after the study is concluded next month. Another possibility is that he wishes for complete credit for ending DADT and allowing gays to serve openly and therefore ordered the military to "continue" heeding DADT until more convenient to the administration.
The conclusion here is that the military is largely through pandering to DADT. It is Washington that is proving to be the brick wall. Another conclusion, given the numbers and the military actions, is that DADT was always more a Washington policy and less a military one.
Last edited by MSgt; 11-11-10 at 11:45 AM.
You're Implying their counterparts are otherwise?I said 90% of liberals will say that republicans hold the exclusive rights to being idiots.
Also... untrue anyways.
Conversations and discussions always seem to get trumped by senseless argument, bickering, and jack-assery.
AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.
Ok then lets drop it, and get back to the actual topic.