Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 834

Thread: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

  1. #711
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So what is your bottomline, you want President Bush prosecuted for waterboarding three high value al Qaeda operatives one of whom orchestrated 9/11? Liberals like you never take a stand and just argue to argue and want to destroy anyone that disagrees with you. You just cannot admit that you are wrong on any issue.
    Not just for waterboarding, though that would be enough. He also set the tone for led to innocent people being tortured, causing the death of at least one.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #712
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    I still am hung up on this whole.. it's ok torture stateless, nonuniformed people thing.

    It's like a distraction going on in the middle of the debate, because

    1. People who are saying this are also saying waterboarding is not torture, and
    2. most of them don't seem to be arguing for torture (at least haven't said so in this thread)
    3. some have argued that it is a worse offense to torture a civilian than to torture a uniformed person

    So I am perplexed why they introduced this fact in the thread. It seems out of place. I mean, we really know (or at least, I think we all know) it is an intentional crime to torture stateless, nonuniformed people and has been throughout history.
    Last edited by SheWolf; 11-15-10 at 06:25 PM.

  3. #713
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I still am hung up on this whole.. it's ok torture stateless, nonuniformed people thing.

    It's like a distraction going on in the middle of the debate, because

    1. People who are saying this are also saying waterboarding is not torture, and
    2. most of them don't seem to be arguing for torture (at least haven't said so in this thread)

    So I am perplexed why they introduced this fact in the thread. It seems out of place. I mean, we really know (or at least, I think we all know) it is an intentional crime to torture stateless, nonuniformed people and has been throughout history.
    Thoughout this people have tried to have it all ways. Not a solider, so not subject the the GC. Not civilians, so not treated like a civilian. Meaning we can do whatever we want with no rule of law. Some even try to make them akin to a spy, or a soldier out of uniform, making them subject to being shot.

    All of this is to avoid rule of law IMHO.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #714
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    So you only see the world in extremes of black and white.. Libs and everybody on this thread arguing with you hate Bush because they think he was destroying the country, but alas, Obama REALLY is destroying the country.
    The difference is I provide verifiable sites to get the facts. Job creation under Bush, bls.gov, economic growth under Bush, BEA.gov, debt under Bush, U.S. Treasury. Facts have a way of destroying rhetoric.

  5. #715
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not just for waterboarding, though that would be enough. He also set the tone for led to innocent people being tortured, causing the death of at least one.
    What exactly do you want as punishment for Bush? I don't agree with you by the way

  6. #716
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The difference is I provide verifiable sites to get the facts. Job creation under Bush, bls.gov, economic growth under Bush, BEA.gov, debt under Bush, U.S. Treasury. Facts have a way of destroying rhetoric.
    Facts have to speak to the issue at hand, and not random, irrelevant facts that don't mean anything to the issue at hand.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #717
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly do you want as punishment for Bush? I don't agree with you by the way
    I'm sure you don't. But whatever the alw requires. Nothing more; nothing less.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #718
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The difference is I provide verifiable sites to get the facts. Job creation under Bush, bls.gov, economic growth under Bush, BEA.gov, debt under Bush, U.S. Treasury. Facts have a way of destroying rhetoric.

    And any of this has to do with water boarding how?

  9. #719
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And any of this has to do with water boarding how?
    I think everything is about him vs liberals.. It doesn't matter if you aren't a liberal, if you disagree with him, you suddenly are a liberal

  10. #720
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think everything is about him vs liberals.. It doesn't matter if you aren't a liberal, if you disagree with him, you suddenly are a liberal
    winner winner chicken dinner.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •