Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 834

Thread: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

  1. #241
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If what Bush did was illegal he should have been prosecuted but wasn't. the rest of your argument is moot
    How many times does it needed to be pointed out to you how ridiculously illogical this is before you finally get it?

  2. #242
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And we can add to that the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria, the PLO, and so on down the line.

    Unless they're only interested in persecuting Americans, there'll be no one left to complete a jury.
    partisan hackery at its finest...they only want Bush. who gives a rat's ass about the truth or any real justice? as long as we get that devil Bush all will be right with the world. retarded.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 11-11-10 at 05:04 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Guy Incognito


    It's "proper" to wait? So enforcing which laws are "generally discouraged"?
    Yeah, that's a well understood principle of international law. Sitting heads of state and other government officials are granted "immunity from criminal jurisdiction and [...] inviolability" under this principle. Kinda weird, I know, but I think it has something to do with preserving stability. I'm guessing it doesn't apply to a failed state or an illegitimate government official.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And which new "confession" is this?
    You know, the book he wrote where he vigorously defended his choice to waterboard, or his interview where he admits his rationale for committing torture was that his "lawyer said it was legal."
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 11-11-10 at 05:03 PM.

  4. #244
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    How many times does it needed to be pointed out to you how ridiculously illogical this is before you finally get it?
    Keep giving us your one line responses over and over again that say nothing. Get over your BDS, it is embarrassing.

  5. #245
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep giving us your one line responses over and over again that say nothing. Get over your BDS, it is embarrassing.
    Run away! Run away!

    I wonder what you would do without talk radio.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I agree, the attorney general is failing in his duty. Like Ikari observe, it is for political reasons. It's a shame. But there's still hope an international tribunal will have the courage to prosecute Bush. But I won't hold my breath.
    How about an international tribunal made up of the member states on the UNHRC? Perhaps with AI overseeing the show.

    We can certainly trust them, right?.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    partisan hackery at its finest...they only want Bush who gives a rat's ass about the truth or any real justice as long as we get that devil Bush all will be right with the world. retarded.
    It is sad the hatred these people have for the former President of the United States and it is all based upon ignorance

  8. #248
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is sad the hatred these people have for the former President of the United States and it is all based upon ignorance
    what is sad is that these people seem to care more about protecting terrorists from "torture" than they do about preventing the terrorists from killing innocents
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #249
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How about an international tribunal made up of the member states on the UNHRC? Perhaps with AI overseeing the show.

    We can certainly trust them, right?.
    I'm not sure where you're coming up with this stuff. The ICC is the organ for international prosecution of war crimes. It doesn't matter whether the US has signed on or not, the ICC has jurisdiction over Bush if they choose to assert it. That's just the way it is.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Boo, you post articles supporting your point of view and I post articles just like others that refute it. Where do we go from here? Doesn't make a lot of sense to continue to beat this to death since you aren't going to change my mind or others nor am I going to change yours.

    If what Bush did was illegal he should have been prosecuted but wasn't. the rest of your argument is moot
    Actually, nothing posted I've seen refuted anything. And yes, Bush should have been prosecuted. He wasn't not because he was innocent, but because too many would have to go down with him, and it woudl be brutal.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •