Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 834

Thread: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

  1. #211
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Are you seriously trying to deny that trainees can wash out? Yet it happens all the time! You're just plain factually incorrect.
    duh, duh, duh... yes you can wash out of the training. you wash out because you fail at the event. but you cannot voluntarily quit the event once it starts. this training isn't like a freakin PT test where you can say "**** it" and start walking on the 2 mile run and fail. and unless you personally have ever been through it...you don;t have a clue. reading about it on the interwebz don't count.

    the only way they will stop an event in SERE or any of the other survival type schools is if the trainees health/life is in danger. and FYI, they will also stop waterboarding a terrorist if his heath/life is in danger because you can't get any information from a dead man.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #212
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    link or post the entire definition...not just the bit you like in quotes.
    That's fair. The full definition is "Compulsion by force or threat of physical force."

  3. #213
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    duh, duh, duh... yes you can wash out of the training. you wash out because you fail at the event. but you cannot voluntarily quit the event once it starts.
    Do they force a trainee to be water-boarded if he refuses?

  4. #214
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    duh, duh, duh... yes you can wash out of the training. you wash out because you fail at the event. but you cannot voluntarily quit the event once it starts. this training isn't like a freakin PT test where you can say "**** it" and start walking on the 2 mile run and fail. and unless you personally have ever been through it...you don;t have a clue. reading about it on the interwebz don't count.

    the only way they will stop an event in SERE or any of the other survival type schools is if the trainees health/life is in danger. and FYI, they will also stop waterboarding a terrorist if his heath/life is in danger because you can't get any information from a dead man.
    Different threshold and concern. Also the voluntary nature, and the assumption of saftey is different. Very different.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Different threshold and concern. Also the voluntary nature, and the assumption of saftey is different. Very different.
    Boo, you post articles supporting your point of view and I post articles just like others that refute it. Where do we go from here? Doesn't make a lot of sense to continue to beat this to death since you aren't going to change my mind or others nor am I going to change yours.

    If what Bush did was illegal he should have been prosecuted but wasn't. the rest of your argument is moot

  6. #216
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If what Bush did was illegal he should have been prosecuted but wasn't. the rest of your argument is moot
    It's hardly moot. There is no statute of limitations on war crimes.

  7. #217
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Perhaps, or maybe your memory is foggy. The fact remains, it isn't the same.


    This old war veteran's memory is sound, hero. They made no mention of a "safe word".
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #218
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's hardly moot. There is no statute of limitations on war crimes.
    If war crimes were committed then our Congress should have acted and didn't. Because Amnesia International makes wild claims doesn't make it true. How about you answering the question, why wasn't Bush Impeached?

  9. #219
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Ultimately yes. And what's more, they are treated differently. They don't get the fully effort, or full effect. We do that with a lot things in preparation for what we might might face, a waterdown version so to speak. If you think any training you got was equal to the real thing, you're fooling yourself.



    So hero, you who has ***not*** been through said trainig is telling someone who has been through said training about how it was?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #220
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If war crimes were committed then our Congress should have acted and didn't. Because Amnesia International makes wild claims doesn't make it true. How about you answering the question, why wasn't Bush Impeached?
    Actually, it's proper to wait until Bush is out of office to prosecute him for war crimes. Prosecutions of sitting heads of state for war crimes are generally discouraged under international law.

    Maybe Congress should have impeached Bush, maybe they shouldn't have. But new evidence has come to light in the form of a confession from Bush himself. That's more than enough to move on a war crimes prosecution.

Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •