Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 834

Thread: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

  1. #141
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I agree that it is absurd to suggest that water-boarding as a training technique is in any way mild. It is severe, and it is this sort of training that makes our military the best in the world. But this is something categorically different from torture, and does not negate the fact that water-boarding on unwilling victims is a war crime.


    I just love being told 20 years later I had a "safe word"....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Perhaps all this debate might have been eliminated if the terrorists had only signed onto the Geneva Conventions.

  3. #143
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    You know why I sleep in the garage? Because sleeping in a garage makes me a car. Only cars sleep in garages.


    What kind of car are you? The Good Reverend is a monster truck....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #144
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I don't think any of us who have been through SERE would agree with you that it was mild.
    Right and they did that so you would be more resistant to enemy torture correct?
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  5. #145
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    But, while it might be a tortuous experience, it is something categorically different from the war crime torture, and does not negate the fact that water-boarding on unwilling victims is a war crime.
    And none of -that- negates that the fact that, sometimes, it is the correct course of action.

  6. #146
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Right and they did that so you would be more resistant to enemy torture correct?



    I thought it was cause I pissed someone off.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #147
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,419
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I agree that it is absurd to suggest that water-boarding as a training technique is in any way mild. It is severe, and it is this sort of training that makes our military the best in the world. But this is something categorically different from torture, and does not negate the fact that water-boarding on unwilling victims is a war crime.
    This the most bizarre logic... in fact it's not logic because it's not logical.

    We commit war crimes against our troops.

    Phew.

    Waterboarding isn't torture, that is why we can expose our troops to it.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    You know why we waterboard some of our troops as part of their training?

    Because it is not torture.
    We do not torture our troops.
    You're right that we do not torture our troops. But you are wrong about the first part. Water-boarding, when used as a means of interrogation, is considered under United States law to be a war crime known as torture.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    This the most bizarre logic... in fact it's not logic because it's not logical.

    We commit war crimes against our troops.

    Phew.

    Waterboarding isn't torture, that is why we can expose our troops to it.

    .
    An act cannot be torture if it is done with consent, ergo we do not commit war crimes against our own troops.

  9. #149
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What kind of car are you? The Good Reverend is a monster truck....
    I am a Kenworth, pullin' logs.

  10. #150
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Amnesty International Wants Bush Prosecuted for Admitted Waterboarding

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I just love being told 20 years later I had a "safe word"....
    I wonder what it was... I am reminded of Eurotrip and "Cooper" and his visit to Club Wandersexxxx and his experience with the safe word.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •