Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 345

Thread: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    And what if you made a mistake and arrested the wrong person... or is the government now suddenly right 100% of the time?
    You compensate them for it. I do think we should have solid evidence first.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Another part of the constitution also protects you from unreasonable search and seizure, wiretappings.

    But hey its ok to Steamroll parts of the constitution when you're scared, and when there's a Republican in office.

    I still find it hilarious that some of you thump your chests about constitution this and constitution that, but defend the patriot act like its a piece of gold pressed latinum.

    "Those who trade liberty for security, will end up with neither".
    I suggest you actually read the Constitution before commenting on it. As I recall you live in South Africa and thus are hardly an expert on the U.S. Constitution but you certainly do buy rhetoric from others that you want to believe. Given the choice between GW Bush and Barack Obama when it comes to helping your country there is no question who your govt. would select, GW Bush. Show me how one U.S. Citizen has been affected by the Patriot Act?

    As I recall Barack Obama extended the Patriot Act and in fact broadened its authority. Where is your outrage? I find people around the world governed by dictators to be some of the most naive I have ever seen when it comes to the enemy we face.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    You compensate them for it. I do think we should have solid evidence first.
    Exactly right, anyone prosecuted unfairly is going to be very rich when they take the govt. to a jury trial.

  4. #64
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I suggest you actually read the Constitution before commenting on it. As I recall you live in South Africa and thus are hardly an expert on the U.S. Constitution but you certainly do buy rhetoric from others that you want to believe. Given the choice between GW Bush and Barack Obama when it comes to helping your country there is no question who your govt. would select, GW Bush. Show me how one U.S. Citizen has been affected by the Patriot Act?

    As I recall Barack Obama extended the Patriot Act and in fact broadened its authority. Where is your outrage? I find people around the world governed by dictators to be some of the most naive I have ever seen when it comes to the enemy we face.
    First of all. I live in Canada, I'm merely born South African.

    Your mistake is thinking I'm an Obamabot.

    However, Obamas decision to extend the patriot act is a purely political one. Republicans would have a field day if he hadn't of.

    Um... how can the patriot act not be unconstitutional, it gives security officials the right to search and wiretap you without a warrant...

    Thumping chest about smaller government this and smaller government that... but yet 1 000 000 people have access to top secret information including private contractors.

    That means information ABOUT YOU!

    But hey, its ok. In the interests of national security, we have to make sacrifices.

    But... wait a second. What if this monstrosity of a security apparatus were to be turned against you. Well then ****, you'll actually have to face the consequences of your actions by supporting this police state piece of garbage act.

  5. #65
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    You compensate them for it. I do think we should have solid evidence first.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Digsbe.

    If you were to start compensating people your government have ****ed over, your deficit would run into the Brazzilions

    It is impossible to sue the American government for abuses. Not a single innocent gitmo detainee has gotten a red penny.

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Digsbe.

    If you were to start compensating people your government have ****ed over, your deficit would run into the Brazzilions

    It is impossible to sue the American government for abuses. Not a single innocent gitmo detainee has gotten a red penny.
    Is there any innocent GITMO detainees? My point is that it saves lives, it may not be perfect but it saves lives. Terrorists should have no rights either.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,291

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    First of all. I live in Canada, I'm merely born South African.

    Your mistake is thinking I'm an Obamabot.

    However, Obamas decision to extend the patriot act is a purely political one. Republicans would have a field day if he hadn't of.

    Um... how can the patriot act not be unconstitutional, it gives security officials the right to search and wiretap you without a warrant...

    Thumping chest about smaller government this and smaller government that... but yet 1 000 000 people have access to top secret information including private contractors.

    That means information ABOUT YOU!

    But hey, its ok. In the interests of national security, we have to make sacrifices.

    But... wait a second. What if this monstrosity of a security apparatus were to be turned against you. Well then ****, you'll actually have to face the consequences of your actions by supporting this police state piece of garbage act.
    Then I suggest you stick to Canadian issues and let the Americans take care of our own issues. I don't care about information that the govt. has on me as I am not paranoid like you and others. My freedom is protected by a strong national defense. IMO, most in Canada would prefer to have GW Bush protecting them than Barack Obama. You really are naive when it comes to our national security and the enemy we face.

    I am more worried about liberals destroying this country than I am about GW Bush keeping us safe.

  8. #68
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then I suggest you stick to Canadian issues and let the Americans take care of our own issues. I don't care about information that the govt. has on me as I am not paranoid like you and others. My freedom is protected by a strong national defense. IMO, most in Canada would prefer to have GW Bush protecting them than Barack Obama. You really are naive when it comes to our national security and the enemy we face.

    I am more worried about liberals destroying this country than I am about GW Bush keeping us safe.
    Your post is absolutely hilarious. Contradictory.

    "I'm not paranoid... but I'm scared of the scary liburals!"

    lol! We don't need either Obama or Bush defending us. We're doing just fine up here. Both are defending you by the way. Both are using the same security apparatus, so how could there be a difference?

  9. #69
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Is there any innocent GITMO detainees? My point is that it saves lives, it may not be perfect but it saves lives. Terrorists should have no rights either.
    Take rights away from one person. And you can take them away from anyone.

    I'd be more then happy to blow a terrorist away. Torture him, but the thing is. In my mind, before I did it. Especially if this person was captured doing extra-ordinary rendition, how could I be sure they got the right guy?

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Take rights away from one person. And you can take them away from anyone.
    This already happens all the time unfortunately. But regardless, terrorists deserve no rights. Someone who is an enemy of my nation and bent on killing the innocent or our soldiers deserves no rights,
    I'd be more then happy to blow a terrorist away. Torture him, but the thing is. In my mind, before I did it. Especially if this person was captured doing extra-ordinary rendition, how could I be sure they got the right guy?
    We can hopefully cross reference images and possibly DNA. Personally I would favor giving them psychoactive drugs to get them to spill their information.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •