Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 345

Thread: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

  1. #331
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Very interesting.

    You're a constitution guy right?

    Why do you say "Your" President.

    Do you not accept Obama as president of the United States?

    He was elected in a free and fair election. And is granted the power of president under the constitution for that reason.

    Why do you hate the constitution so much?
    I just love how foreigners believe they know so much about the U.S. Constitution. Yes, unfortunately Obama is my President he just isn't "my" President meaning I didn't and will never vote for him. You see, I verify the resume and rhetoric before casting my vote. Obama's resume was there for all to see, far too many Americans ignored the resume but woke up on Nov. 2

  2. #332
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, you know exactly what I am saying as you are one of those that exercises their freedom of speech every day without accepting the responsibility that goes with the actions from that speech. You and so many other "experts" like you know exactly what you are doing as do I. your problem is you cannot admit who you are and who "your" President really is. Obama is all about incrementalism in his goal towards socialism as are you. On Nov. 2 obama and the socialist agenda took a hit but that is ok, you have all the time in the world.
    I repeat. Drugs are bad ok. Take a deep breath, and try to focus on a point I can reply to.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #333
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Because there are techniques that work quite well, much better than torture. I know you're silliness means something to you, but it isn't an arugment. If torture has the exact same results (it doesn't, it fairs worse), why torture?
    You posted the article containing the silly statements. I know your silliness means something to you, but it isn't an argument.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    You posted the article containing the silly statements. I know your silliness means something to you, but it isn't an argument.
    No, I posted testimony from someone in the field. Torture was never designed to get intel, it was designed to amke someone say what you want them to say. You can do your own investigation on this, and if you so honestly, you will find this to be true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #335
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I posted testimony from someone in the field.
    Testimony that was very silly, as if it proved your point. I appreciate you drawing attention to your silliness, but it still does not further your argument.

  6. #336
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I just love how foreigners believe they know so much about the U.S. Constitution.
    I bet it has to do with the fact that the foreigner in question can read and comprehend it.

    You should probably listen to him more often.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    I bet it has to do with the fact that the foreigner in question can read and comprehend it.

    You should probably listen to him more often.
    I will certainly take that under advisement and will listen to him just like I listen to you.

  8. #338
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I will certainly take that under advisement and will listen to him just like I listen to you.
    You're going to flee in terror from a foreigner too?

    So sad.

  9. #339
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    So what happens if one lawyer says waterboarding is not torture, and another says waterboarding is torture?
    Which is pretty much where we are...

  10. #340
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: George W Bush claims UK lives 'saved by waterboarding'

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    You're going to flee in terror from a foreigner too?

    So sad.
    I find it interesting that I am supporting a tactic that kept even liberals alive. Since your profile seems to indicate that you live in Houston, you ought to be smarter than this.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •