Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    His death won't change anything. It'll just feel good temporarily.
    Untrue. It removes a killer from our midst. That's a positive.

  2. #32
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    His death won't change anything. It'll just feel good temporarily.
    It'll change things for him, which is the whole idea. I disagree. It will always feel good knowing the scum of the earth got some tiny bit of justice.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  3. #33
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Depends on what your beliefs or morals are, I guess. If you believe in good and evil, then what this man did is probably evil. I don't see how creating another evil situation where he is tortured or killed is going to bring more balance to the world. It just tips the scale further askew in favour of evil.

    I'm not saying he should be treated well, but honouring the sovereignty of his life would be the best way to honour the people he killed because it would be adding a corrected behaviour to the chain of heinous events. The way you deal with evil is to confront it with goodness, or transform it into goodness. One of those two options is usually better than stooping to his level.
    There is no sovereignty to his life. He gave that up. He had a choice. We aren't stooping to his level when applying justice. Justice is a good thing. It brings closure for the family and the state. As long as this guy is breathing, he is fouling the air that we all have to breathe.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,188

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    I'm a huge proponent of the death penalty; but why is this murder so much more deserving of the death penalty, than any other murder?

    A loved one was murdered? A child was murdered?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #35
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm a huge proponent of the death penalty; but why is this murder so much more deserving of the death penalty, than any other murder?

    A loved one was murdered? A child was murdered?
    It's the heinousness of the crime. There was torture involved.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm a huge proponent of the death penalty; but why is this murder so much more deserving of the death penalty, than any other murder?

    A loved one was murdered? A child was murdered?
    All crimes are subject to aggravating and mitigating factors during sentencing.

    Durr.

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,188

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    It's the heinousness of the crime. There was torture involved.
    So, if the victim isn't tortured, then he/she isn't anymore murdered?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #38
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    186,886

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, if the victim isn't tortured, then he/she isn't anymore murdered?
    well if you just shoot someone and kill them quick you deserve a quick death

    this scumbag raped two girls tied t hem up covered them in gasoline and lit the house on fire

    burning at the stake after anal impalement for example might be appropriate for this mope
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,188

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    All crimes are subject to aggravating and mitigating factors during sentencing.

    Durr.
    I was referring to the, "I oppose the death penalty, but in this case I could go along with it", mindset of some of the posters on this thread.

    Durrr
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  10. #40
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Conn. man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, if the victim isn't tortured, then he/she isn't anymore murdered?
    See what Catz just said.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •