Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 154

Thread: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

  1. #21
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    How friggen lame, accusing a senior organization(which isn’t an insurance company)of raising rates because of something that doesn’t kick in until 2014.

    It would be like me blaming bush because Medicare part D is raising there rates in 2011….after all he was President when this dog of a drug plan was enacted. By the way most of AARP Medicare insurance is United Healthcare,they just use AARP for a front.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    How friggen lame, accusing a senior organization(which isn’t an insurance company)of raising rates because of something that doesn’t kick in until 2014.

    It would be like me blaming bush because Medicare part D is raising there rates in 2011….after all he was President when this dog of a drug plan was enacted. By the way most of AARP Medicare insurance is United Healthcare,they just use AARP for a front.
    um... the only one 'accusing' AARP of raising rates... is AARP. I guess you avoided reading the OP article.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Sorry, which insurance companies have been bought by the government?
    They are being told what they can do this will in time force many to close

  4. #24
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Thank you for being consistent in your worship of Obama who can do no wrong the lying no good idiot.

    Obama is responsible for the costs going up on ALL insurance ALL insurance costs and about 11 new taxes to come.

    AARP helped push this stupid no good worthless plan that those of us who back the Conservative, Tea Party are going to shut down.
    Has nothing to do with Obama. These types of increases were haooening long before reform, so I suppose he was to blame for those as well. I can't help that some don't think this through to well, and isntead seek to misplace blame for political reasons. So, I saya gain, who was responsible for the increases before Obama and health care reform?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    Some have the very odd belief that since something has happened in the past, it can’t be made worse or bigger by new circumstances.

    BTW, I have doubts that many companies the past have greatly reduced benefits and greatly increased health insurance premiums at the same time. Just anectodaly, I know of quite a few companies that have done this during the current annual election, including my wife's unionized job.
    Last edited by buck; 11-08-10 at 11:19 AM.

  6. #26
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    he promised a thousand times costs would go down

    he failed

    he promised a lot of things, like unemployment would cap at 8% if he got his stimulus, he'd cut the deficit in half in 4 years, we'd like obamacare once we got to know it, he'd be post partisan and post racial, close gitmo and end rendition and detention, talk to the leaders of iran and improve america's image abroad, try ksm in a civil court in manhattan, prosecute the waterboarders at the cia, renegotiate chinese currency, win global warming accords, end dadt (his own doj is arguing against gay rights in the districts on 2 separate matters, dadt and gay marriage), bring the israelis and palestinians together (what happened to hillary's hi profile peace talks last month?), reform immigration comprehensively (instead he sues AZ), avoid lobbyists (he's the top recipient of aig money), put legislation on line (instead nancy says we gotta pass stuff to know what's in it), be transparent (his fed instructed aig to keep secrets from the sec, he signed the infamous secret deal with phrma, he's fighting foia requests for records detailing exactly who was bailed out and how much)...

    yeah, he promised lots of things

    and he means well---LOL!

    everyone outside the fringe recognizes he's incompetent, it's cuz he just doesn't get it, he's so outta touch, so tone deaf

    as for aarp---when i was young we were all told that the most powerful special interest lobby in the usa was aipac, the american israel public affairs committee

    in my middle years i always felt it was aarp (tho the nra has always been a major player)

    well, aarp has just destroyed itself over this obamacare

    AARP loses members over health care stance - USATODAY.com

    we all of that age watched it happen, it was very ugly

    aarp is the new now, they've made themselves irrelevent
    AARP reminds me of the usefulness of unions. They're all about maintaining themselves rather then educating seniors about the best way to live a retirement. Lobbying at the national teat is what they've become.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Some have the very odd belief that since something has happened in the past, it can’t be made worse or bigger by new circumstances.

    BTW, I have doubts that many companies the past have greatly reduced benefits and greatly increased health insurance premiums at the same time. Just anectodaly, I know of quite a few companies that have done this during the current annual election, including my wife's unionized job.
    I don't believe that at all. But you need to show it is worse. Showing it doing what it was doing isn't equal to worse.

    I think if you look you'll find that comopanies were dropping insurance, raising rates, and reducing benefits before reform. My premiums dobled and cut benefits over two years ago. I'm not alone. If you need me to do your work on that, I can get you a link when I get back. But you should be able to seek that yourself I should think.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #28
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Showing it doing what it was doing isn't equal to worse.
    Agreed, sort of. To make it worse, you have to have Change You Can Believe In, like Obamacare. Then to make it better, you go back to where you were and start over in a different direction.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #29
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    Many people here are trying to downplay the increased cost of health insurance due to the Obamacare legislation, by portraying it as insignificant, or changing the argument to other things that are causing insurance premiums to increase.

    The main point, which is inescapable, is that Obama and the democrats sold us a bill of goods that screws the many and benefits very few. Just look at the numbers.

    Currently, more than 250 million people in America have some form of heath care coverage. When you subtract those who are currently eligible for Medicaid and Medicare but have not applied, those who can afford health insurance but choose not to purchase any, and the illegal aliens who are not eligible for assistance, your left with around 25 million people who may have a need for coverage, but are currently without. Then take into account, that even Obama admits that the health care bill they just passed, still won't come close to covering everyone.

    When you break it down, the results of this legislation that was crammed down our throats is:

    7% of Americans will still have no coverage.
    8% of Americans will receive health care coverage they need, that they couldn't get before.
    85% of Americans will either:
    a) Pay significantly higher insurance premiums for same level of care.
    b) Opt for lower quality insurance coverage to lower their premiums.
    c) Lose their employee health insurance, go on government plan, and suffer a significant reduction in the quality of care.
    d) For those that remain on government care, they will see longer wait times to see a doctor and receive lower quality of care due to increased public demand for services.

    Also, to sell this monstrosity we were all lied to by Obama and the democrats. They told us that this trillion dollar government expenditure would not only not add a dime to the deficit, but it would actually reduce it. It didn't take long to discover that the democrats had purposely cooked the books, and stuck us with another costly liberal social program that's destine to suck the life out of the American economy.

    Directly, Obamacare will have a negative effect on 85% of the population, increase our federal deficit and put a strain on the future economy of the nation. If the government has to further increase taxes to try and pay for this program (which I think is very likely), that will have a negative impact on all Americans, both rich and poor.

    Repeal it!

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: AARP Raises Costs for Employees' Insurance Plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Many people here are trying to downplay the increased cost of health insurance due to the Obamacare legislation, by portraying it as insignificant, or changing the argument to other things that are causing insurance premiums to increase.

    The main point, which is inescapable, is that Obama and the democrats sold us a bill of goods that screws the many and benefits very few. Just look at the numbers.

    Currently, more than 250 million people in America have some form of heath care coverage. When you subtract those who are currently eligible for Medicaid and Medicare but have not applied, those who can afford health insurance but choose not to purchase any, and the illegal aliens who are not eligible for assistance, your left with around 25 million people who may have a need for coverage, but are currently without. Then take into account, that even Obama admits that the health care bill they just passed, still won't come close to covering everyone.

    When you break it down, the results of this legislation that was crammed down our throats is:

    7% of Americans will still have no coverage.
    8% of Americans will receive health care coverage they need, that they couldn't get before.
    85% of Americans will either:
    a) Pay significantly higher insurance premiums for same level of care.
    b) Opt for lower quality insurance coverage to lower their premiums.
    c) Lose their employee health insurance, go on government plan, and suffer a significant reduction in the quality of care.
    d) For those that remain on government care, they will see longer wait times to see a doctor and receive lower quality of care due to increased public demand for services.

    Also, to sell this monstrosity we were all lied to by Obama and the democrats. They told us that this trillion dollar government expenditure would not only not add a dime to the deficit, but it would actually reduce it. It didn't take long to discover that the democrats had purposely cooked the books, and stuck us with another costly liberal social program that's destine to suck the life out of the American economy.

    Directly, Obamacare will have a negative effect on 85% of the population, increase our federal deficit and put a strain on the future economy of the nation. If the government has to further increase taxes to try and pay for this program (which I think is very likely), that will have a negative impact on all Americans, both rich and poor.

    Repeal it!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •