Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 135

Thread: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    You don't make them. This is America, and what parents feed their kids is up to them. You can educate parents about healthy diets for their children, but it is ultimately up to them, not the state, to make the decision on what food their children eat.
    You can still eat the happy meal.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Aren't gays more likely to get AIDs? Isn't that costly to our health care system?

    I don't think they should be denied the right to have gay sex anymore than I think people should be denied the right to eat what they want.
    It's not as epidemic as obesity and a different problem. As far as I'm concerned they should have better sex education that includes homosexuality. That way people wear a damned condom when they do the nasty.

  3. #83
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Now that you've issued a normative change that parents should undergo, how do you plan to make them do this?
    Am guessing most parents do try to oversee their kid's diet habits. With varying degrees of effort and success. That does not translate to need for state to be legislating/overseeing parental behavior.

    Do need to draw some lines as to where the nanny state ends....


    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  4. #84
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    It's not as epidemic as obesity and a different problem. As far as I'm concerned they should have better sex education that includes homosexuality. That way people wear a damned condom when they do the nasty.
    clearly people don't wear condoms because they don't know the risks.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    I get your point.

    Not that sex education wouldn't include actual education of the statistical risks etc...
    you know... informing people.
    Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 11-05-10 at 06:11 PM.

  6. #86
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Du hur den why all dem kids wif no sex education get babies n scabies den!?
    because they don't care. i've barebacked many times and it wasn't because i didn't know. people aren't as dumb as you think they just don't give 2 ****s.

  7. #87
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    You know what- people piss me off with their whiny crap.
    So the solution is for there to be 'no toy unless you order apple-slices . . .'

    You know what - whenever we buy fast food my kids NEVER eat the fries - EVER. My older kids do - but my 6 and 4 year old don't eat *that much food* in a sitting.

    So it's a waste of money (point blank - that's part of the reason why I don't often buy said fast-food) . . . so the apples or bananas or whatever would *also* not be eaten

    I posted another thread some time ago about the stupidity of my kid's school - they give bananas and apples with the lunches for an overall healthy appearance but they only give the kids 20 minutes to eat.
    20 minutes is not enough time to eat an apple or a banana.

    All that fruit goes uneaten - not even a single bite - and into the trash - no effort to save, no effort to consume. (I encouraged my kids to *keep* the fruit since they weren't eating it but I was paying for it - and the teachers had a FIT when they'd bring it back to class!)

    It's just purchasing food to toss it in the trash That's ****ing stupid - maybe I should take a bag of my kid's school lunchtime trash, dig out all the uneaten fruit, and box it back up and send it back to these healthy-trumpers and ask for suggestions.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    Quote Originally Posted by boblzer0 View Post
    because they don't care. i've barebacked many times and it wasn't because i didn't know. people aren't as dumb as you think they just don't give 2 ****s.
    They would if they knew the actual risks. It's called ignorance. Barebacking is gross anyways.

  9. #89
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    09-03-15 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    64

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    They would if they knew the actual risks. It's called ignorance. Barebacking is gross anyways.
    they know and thinking they don't is insulting. you'd have to live in a cave not to know. barebacking is super badass. the only person who would think it isn't is someone like you who has never had sex without paying for it therefore you always have to rubber up.

  10. #90
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys to be Banned in San Francisco?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    They would if they knew the actual risks. It's called ignorance. Barebacking is gross anyways.
    We either have different definitions of "barebacking".....or we have different definitions of "gross".



    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •