Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

  1. #31
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    If you don't want to "dig" for information, then don't respond to my posts. I'll make anyone who does look foolish, it's my policy.
    Uh-huh. And who are you again?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    01-10-11 @ 03:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    26

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by progressiveny View Post
    "Victorious at the polls, congressional Republicans asserted their newfound political strength on Thursday, vowing to seek a quick $100 billion in federal spending cuts and force repeated votes on repeal of President Barack Obama's prized health care overhaul."

    So, the above will be the Republican's first order of business...

    1- Help our struggling economy? No, attacking President Obama is much more important. So check

    2- Help regenerate jobs while providing universal and affordable job training for millions of Americans? No, however President Obama must be taught a lesson. So check


    - I see a theme here folks.-


    3- Help small business owners stay in business while guiding them into hiring more employees again? No, yet it's our Godly mission as Republicans to punish President Obama. So check

    4- Provide the millions of Americans and our guest with affordable health coverage? God no! These poor Americans must understand if you are not wealthy you do not deserve quality health coverage. And simply screw our guests yet when our Republican lawns need trimming, it's Paulo we will call. Repeal. So check

    __________________________________________________ _________________

    5- Deregulate everything President Obama helped regulate so far? Yes that is a double check. Large businesses including those in energy and finance do not need regulations; they simply need a harsh talking too....
    __________________________________________________ _____________


    So, the first order of business in the house is to clearly punish President Obama. I cannot see how anyone with common sense cannot see this also. This will be a horrible situation for a president who is trying. Now he has to combat against very rich and angry Republicans who's agenda was not meant to help this struggling nation as a whole, rather to play parisian politics and bring America back to the socially, racially, politically, and economically divided country we were and always have been it seems. At least President Obama got folks to see we can be equals one day.
    Thank you Tbone.

    So no one contradicted the above? Because you all know the Republicans agenda is solely based on making the President look bad and ineffective. How can Americans put people in office with the sole intention to make America a worst off country?

    When you publicly and privately state you will undo everything President Obama has done and will do, you are clearly hurting this country. No if's or butt's about it. But this is OK and that's the scary part.

    Instead of the Republicans coming out during elections and stating to the American people, we will work with our President to make this country a better place, rather all I read and heard was attacks in not making America a better place. I saw Republicans not putting blame on his / her self and party, rather passing the buck on the White House.

  3. #33
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    If you don't want to "dig" for information, then don't respond to my posts. I'll make anyone who does look foolish, it's my policy.
    It appears that the reverse is occurring. Btw, merely citing the source does not prove that the methodology is wrong.

    And another person ignorant of statistics joins DP.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #34
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Uh-huh. And who are you again?
    A guy almost like you, but I back up what I say with links to legitimate sources, do you? If a poster makes an assertion and can't back up what they say, then it's merely an ubsubstanciated opinion, likely based in a preconcieved notion and is hardly a fact. If any answering my posts can't back up their assertions with facts, everyone should know that and assign credibility as such. that's all I'm saying.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  5. #35
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    It appears that the reverse is occurring. Btw, merely citing the source does not prove that the methodology is wrong.

    And another person ignorant of statistics joins DP.
    Maybe I missed where you posted them, be a kind fella and point me to the statistics you posted I missed, won't you? Or better yet prove what I posted is wrong or inaccurate. That's real debate.
    Last edited by Prof. Peabody; 11-06-10 at 07:59 AM.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  6. #36
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    Maybe I missed where you posted them, be a kind fella and point me to the statistics you posted I missed, won't you? Or better yet prove what I posted is wrong or inaccurate. That's real debate.
    Perhaps you should take up reading comprehension. Your argument was that the data was wrong because it came from a source you dislike. That does not logically prove it is wrong. Proving such data is wrong requires proving the methodology is wrong. You have failed to do this entirely.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •