Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

  1. #21
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Oh please. The health care reform law is virtually identical to the law that Republican Mitt Romney passed in Massachusetts.
    And that one sucked too... just look at how well Mass. is doing with it.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #22
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And that one sucked too... just look at how well Mass. is doing with it.
    You might not LIKE Romney's law in Massachusetts, but the national law's similarity to Romney's law should indicate to you that it was not designed by a bunch of "ideological idiots" unless you consider Mitt Romney to be a radical left-wing nutjob.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 11-04-10 at 08:26 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #23
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    You might not LIKE Romney's law in Massachusetts, but the national law's similarity to Romney's law should indicate to you that it wasn't passed by a bunch of "ideological idiots" unless you consider Mitt Romney to be a radical left-wing nutjob.
    You think Republicans can't be ideological idiots? LOL

    First, the bill was short sighted and Washington already knew Mass. was having a problem with it. Then, to your point, they take what could have been supported by both Republicans and Democrats and turned it into a free for all bill that looked just like the problem in Mass. Great idea.... let's **** it up like Massachussets did.. yeah... and we'll do it behind closed doors so we'll have to pass it to find out what's actually in it. Brilliant!

    Comon --- it's sucks and you know it. Back to my orignal point -- more is not always better. A few things could be changed to actually help our healthcare system, instead of the bill now which condemns it to rotting.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #24
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    Got any evidence from a reliable source to back that up how many or are you just talking out of your backside?
    I didn't feel like digging too much, so here's the first Google result I got:
    AP Poll: Many think health overhaul should do more - Yahoo! News

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody
    The Relevance of Biden and Pelosi is most liberals don't know a lick about what they are talking about. That must be why so few post links to reliable sources to back up their assertions.

    I'll defer to Reagan on that matter.
    Yeah...I don't do the stupid partisan hackery stuff. I just do policy, and occasionally political analysis. If you want someone to argue with about how much liberals suck, you'll have to look elsewhere.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I didn't feel like digging too much, so here's the first Google result I got:
    AP Poll: Many think health overhaul should do more - Yahoo! News

    Yeah...I don't do the stupid partisan hackery stuff. I just do policy, and occasionally political analysis. If you want someone to argue with about how much liberals suck, you'll have to look elsewhere.
    The poll found that about four in 10 adults think the new law did not go far enough to change the health care system, regardless of whether they support the law, oppose it or remain neutral. On the other side, about one in five say they oppose the law because they think the federal government should not be involved in health care at all.

    The AP poll was conducted by Stanford University with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Overall, 30 percent favored the legislation, while 40 percent opposed it, and another 30 percent remained neutral.
    Your source does not validate your post that people who were opposed to it were opposed because it does not go far enough.
    Last edited by Whovian; 11-04-10 at 08:35 PM.

  6. #26
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Your source does not validate your post that people who were opposed to it were opposed because it does not go far enough.
    If 40% wanted the law to do more, 20% want the government out, and most of the other 40% are presumably somewhere in the middle, that hardly sounds like an overwhelming rejection of health care reform to me.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  7. #27
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I didn't feel like digging too much, so here's the first Google result I got:
    AP Poll: Many think health overhaul should do more - Yahoo! News

    Yeah...I don't do the stupid partisan hackery stuff. I just do policy, and occasionally political analysis. If you want someone to argue with about how much liberals suck, you'll have to look elsewhere.
    But you quoted a poll by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, which is funded by the uber left (follow the link). So you can claim to not do the partisan hackery stuff, but at the same time you use their propaganda as evidence. Do you have anything from a reliable source, or just partisan hackery junk?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    If 40% wanted the law to do more, 20% want the government out, and most of the other 40% are presumably somewhere in the middle, that hardly sounds like an overwhelming rejection of health care reform to me.
    My apologies...
    This...
    The poll found that about four in 10 adults think the new law did not go far enough to change the health care system, regardless of whether they support the law, oppose it or remain neutral.
    ...does indeed support this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar
    You do realize that of those people who say they don't like the bill, at least some of them are unhappy because it didn't go far ENOUGH?
    I apparently misread your initial post.

  9. #29
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    But you quoted a poll by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, which is funded by the uber left (follow the link). So you can claim to not do the partisan hackery stuff, but at the same time you use their propaganda as evidence.

    I told you, I pulled up the first hit on Google. If you aren't satisfied with the source of poll, find it yourself. I don't feel like digging for information right now.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 11-04-10 at 08:52 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #30
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Republicans to attack healthcare law funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post

    I told you, I pulled up the first hit on Google. If you aren't satisfied with the source of poll, find it yourself. I don't feel like digging for information right now.
    If you don't want to "dig" for information, then don't respond to my posts. I'll make anyone who does look foolish, it's my policy.
    Last edited by Prof. Peabody; 11-04-10 at 08:57 PM.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •