Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 187

Thread: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

  1. #111
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The thread started out as BS.

    Pentagon Dismisses Reports of 34 Warships for Obama Trip Security



    Pentagon Dismisses Reports of 34 Warships for Obama Trip Security - Political Punch
    Yep, saw those....So the pentagon says they aren't sending 34 warships...Ok...You believe that why? because you think it is the truth, or that it fits your narrative?


    j-mac

    PS, Oh and BTW, I found this comment enlightening from your article from the ABC Blog....

    And FWIW, Geoff Morrell was a former ABC reporter, was heavily involved in the Clinton campaign as well as being a reporter for WBBM in Chicago. So this time he made an "exception" to comment on National Security. How nice.
    Last edited by j-mac; 11-09-10 at 11:14 AM.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, saw those....So the pentagon says they aren't sending 34 warships...Ok...You believe that why? because you think it is the truth, or that it fits your narrative?


    j-mac
    Why would I believe they are? Fox made a lot of hay with no evidence whatsoever. Beck and his famous "I don't know(s)" should make everyone note that he had and has no evidence. Why would anyone go past that fact and give any gredence to this silliness?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #113
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Why would I believe they are? Fox made a lot of hay with no evidence whatsoever. Beck and his famous "I don't know(s)" should make everyone note that he had and has no evidence. Why would anyone go past that fact and give any gredence to this silliness?

    And you think that GOP'ers are easily duped don't you.....pshaw!


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #114
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Thank you. I believe I have a strong sense of humor.



    Congratulations Bill. Does that mean that I should some how erect a temple in you honor now? Ofcourse you know there is absolutely NO WAY to prove what you just typed here don't you?



    Yep, and I believe that if you go back to when you have said things like that in the past Bill, I have been among the first to say you are correct on that.



    All good points, however, we can not forget that in this country when people admit their mistakes, and vow to correct them we have the tendency to forgive them. Now, seems you have two choices Bill. Either you can live in the past and condemn the Republican party for the transgressions that in the past caused the American public to choose this path of the destruction of America unwittingly, or, you can look around you and open your eyes to the dismantling of this country and what it has stood for, and say to yourself that it's ok for the liberals, and far left to destroy America in hopes of teaching our reps in the congress a lesson. What a pity.



    Turn on a Television, read a paper, and look up the new blood coming in. I think that if you truly mean what you say here, you will be hopeful for the party of freedom.


    j-mac
    Not sure of the color of the sky you live in, but it must be nice to be so sure about so much. How old are you? Do you really think the GOP has the ability to acknowledge its mistakes? You assume I don't know what is going on, tell me to turn on the TV and read a paper. How arrogant, and ignorant.
    I have little hope for either party, both are more interested in power for themselves than they are in serving our country's best interests. I would like to see the tiger shed his stripes, that would mean that there is hope for the party machines to decide to work together instead of taking turns being the party of HELL NO.....
    I agree that the far left is a danger to America, but the far right is certainly not a safe response to that danger...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #115
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Not sure of the color of the sky you live in, but it must be nice to be so sure about so much. How old are you?
    I'm 48, and have been at this for some time now, and can tell when someone is not who, or what they say they are....As for being 'sure' about so much? Nah, I don't think anyone can be 100% sure, not even you Mr. 64 year old. But I do know this, I know that given our current course we are just about ready for the fork. And people like you want to sit around and point fingers and let it happen, while checking out. Good job.

    Do you really think the GOP has the ability to acknowledge its mistakes?
    They better or they're gone too.

    You assume I don't know what is going on, tell me to turn on the TV and read a paper. How arrogant, and ignorant.
    So then prove me wrong instead of buddying up to the liberal pap in here, and thinking that some sort of veiled Libertarianism is what you think you are to be cool.

    I have little hope for either party, both are more interested in power for themselves than they are in serving our country's best interests. I would like to see the tiger shed his stripes, that would mean that there is hope for the party machines to decide to work together instead of taking turns being the party of HELL NO.....

    Clap.....Clap......Clap....Nice speech, now what's your answer? Do you have one? Or is this boilerplate crap all you got?

    I agree that the far left is a danger to America, but the far right is certainly not a safe response to that danger...
    And yet still no resolution as to what you think is the way out of this forest....Great...When I need a slogan for Anarchy, I'll look you up...Toodles.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #116
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And you think that GOP'ers are easily duped don't you.....pshaw!


    j-mac
    Let me guess. You still believe the 34 warship and $200million/day numbers?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #117
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Let me guess. You still believe the 34 warship and $200million/day numbers?
    Well, I am not privy to the Security of the POTUS on these trips. However, I will say that I don't immediately jump all over a denial from a guy that used to work within the Clinton machine, turned quasi reporter as gospel just because it fits my narrative either.....Get it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, saw those....So the pentagon says they aren't sending 34 warships...Ok...You believe that why? because you think it is the truth, or that it fits your narrative?


    j-mac

    PS, Oh and BTW, I found this comment enlightening from your article from the ABC Blog....

    Hmmm and I noticed this about your original article:

    Press Trust of India,


  9. #119
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Hmmm and I noticed this about your original article:

    Press Trust of India,

    Well, good for you, you followed the link....Keep this up and you will have this interwebs thingy licked.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #120
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: 34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'm 48, and have been at this for some time now, and can tell when someone is not who, or what they say they are....As for being 'sure' about so much? Nah, I don't think anyone can be 100% sure, not even you Mr. 64 year old. But I do know this, I know that given our current course we are just about ready for the fork. And people like you want to sit around and point fingers and let it happen, while checking out. Good job.



    They better or they're gone too.



    So then prove me wrong instead of buddying up to the liberal pap in here, and thinking that some sort of veiled Libertarianism is what you think you are to be cool.




    Clap.....Clap......Clap....Nice speech, now what's your answer? Do you have one? Or is this boilerplate crap all you got?



    And yet still no resolution as to what you think is the way out of this forest....Great...When I need a slogan for Anarchy, I'll look you up...Toodles.


    j-mac
    All you have is rants and raves and whinings and moanings about things you disagree with. Must we all agree with YOUR mindset? Are you and the other extreme right in possession of superior knowledge? No, you are not, and neither are the liberals. Progress is when people work together towards common goals. Our 2 party system has sunk to a new low in that we don't seem to have common goals. And people like you are not the answer to any problems we might have.
    As far as being ready for the fork, leave fear mongering to Rush bin Limbaugh and Glenn Beckerhead....they are better at it anyway....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •