Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1129

Thread: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

  1. #971
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Having too much fun poking fun at you and your socialist ideals. Why don't you admit exactly who you are and why you support socialist ideals?
    I'm not a socialist. I'm fine with business making a profit, and letting the market decide all things other than medicine and education. Don't see me dictering over the price of saving a loved one. And since as a nation we've decided we won't turn people away from the emergency room, we do have to have a plan to pay for it.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 11-05-10 at 04:51 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #972
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    LOL!

    yes, many of us do

    but if others did, they would be aware of the refusal of doctors to treat medicare patients, they would appreciate the concerns of the blue gubs in trying to find funds to finance the enrollment of 12M new medicaid members completely on their own, they wouldn't so cavalierly click and submit such meaningless mumblings of mindlessness divorced from reality

    fixing what's broken, unfortunately, is far less simple

    ask cnn, the times, the dem gubs...
    I don't know anyone who is unaware.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #973
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not a socialist. I'm fine with business making a profit, and letting the market decide all things other than medicine and education. Don't see me dictering over the price of saving a loved one. And since as a nation we've decided we won't turn people away from the emergency room, we do have to have a plan to pay for it.
    Socialists want a single payer system where it is the government making those payments. Socialists have no problem with raising taxes and redistributing wealth. Socialists believe it is the Federal Government's responsibility to take care of state and local personal social issues. Yes, Boo, you are a socialist but for some reason refuse to admit it.

  4. #974
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Socialists want a single payer system where it is the government making those payments. Socialists have no problem with raising taxes and redistributing wealth. Socialists believe it is the Federal Government's responsibility to take care of state and local personal social issues. Yes, Boo, you are a socialist but for some reason refuse to admit it.
    You're mistaken and don't really understand what socialism is. It's common among your side. I could link a site for you to explain further if you're interested.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #975
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're mistaken and don't really understand what socialism is. It's common among your side. I could link a site for you to explain further if you're interested.
    Tell me which principle I posted isn't supported by socialists?

  6. #976
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Socialists believe it is the Federal Government's responsibility to take care of state and local personal social issues.
    Theres one.

  7. #977
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're mistaken and don't really understand what socialism is. It's common among your side. I could link a site for you to explain further if you're interested.
    LINK!! Why a link when I have this straw man I have so carefully built?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #978
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tell me which principle I posted isn't supported by socialists?
    Again, do you need me to link some reading on socialism?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #979
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Theres one.
    And where is it in the Constitution that gives our Federal Govt. that authority?

  10. #980
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And where is it in the Constitution that gives our Federal Govt. that authority?
    Different question. You're changing the subject again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •