Page 87 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1129

Thread: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

  1. #861
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not sure I care either way. I only care that reform gets done, and believe a universal payer will do a beter job. that our peicemeal efforts.

    BTW, it isn't just a local issue. Factually, you're incorrect. This is a national problem, effecting all fifty states.
    That is normally the belief of a liberal who ignores history yet still has the arrogance that they can do it better than other liberals. Medicare costs more than intended and still is growing. Right now both Medicare and SS are on budget and shouldn't be. My hope is that the Republican House tries to implement legislation that removes it from budget. then you really will have a true picture of what is going on but doubt that you want that picture.

  2. #862
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You don't pay for mine, but both of us pay for the uninsured whether we have health care reform or not. And I have ignored nothing.
    That is why it is a state issue and not a federal issue. Nothing you have said changes that responsibility.

  3. #863
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If they are getting medicare or medicaid which I'm pretty sure they are federal funding is involved. Medicaid is jointly funded by both the federal government and the state.
    Medicaid is a state issue, Medicare is part of SS and paid for everytime you get a paycheck.

  4. #864
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is normally the belief of a liberal who ignores history yet still has the arrogance that they can do it better than other liberals. Medicare costs more than intended and still is growing. Right now both Medicare and SS are on budget and shouldn't be. My hope is that the Republican House tries to implement legislation that removes it from budget. then you really will have a true picture of what is going on but doubt that you want that picture.
    They won't. If they did, they would be out faster than they got back in. Again, you're need to read slower. Those programs do more, and thus cost more. It is what they do that makes them so popular. The people, you know the electorate you claim we should listen to, want those programs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #865
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Medicaid is a state issue,

    It is jointly funded by the feds and the state.

  6. #866
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They won't. If they did, they would be out faster than they got back in. Again, you're need to read slower. Those programs do more, and thus cost more. It is what they do that makes them so popular. The people, you know the electorate you claim we should listen to, want those programs.
    They do more because you say so, the cost benefit is terrible which is the case with most liberal programs. Problem with liberals is they don't understand that liberal social programs cost more than intended and actually do less than projected on a cost benefit basis.

  7. #867
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It is jointly funded by the feds and the state.
    Nope, that is why the outrage by the states to Obamacare, it is an unfunded mandate.

  8. #868
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They do more because you say so, the cost benefit is terrible which is the case with most liberal programs. Problem with liberals is they don't understand that liberal social programs cost more than intended and actually do less than projected on a cost benefit basis.

    U.S._healthcare_GDP.jpg

    File:U.S. healthcare GDP.gif

  9. #869
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They do more because you say so, the cost benefit is terrible which is the case with most liberal programs. Problem with liberals is they don't understand that liberal social programs cost more than intended and actually do less than projected on a cost benefit basis.
    Really? What's the benefit in your mind? Cost benefit terrible to who? I would love to see something factual on this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #870
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    U.S._healthcare_GDP.jpg

    File:U.S. healthcare GDP.gif
    Thanks.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 87 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •