Page 81 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1129

Thread: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

  1. #801
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I've told you before, you overstate that problem. We'll adjust fine. Had we adopted a universal payer, we'd have cut some 160 million from the deficit in paper work alone. We'd ahve done well with a public option. But evenw ith what we did, we'll still do better in terms of acess than we were doing. hopefully, we can improve the problems and move forward. But, you're skipping the conversation we're having to bring a realatively minor problem.
    That is your opinion and theory. History doesn't show that the govt. single payer program which is Medicare hasn't worked real well at all and cost how many times more than was intended? Why are you so naive when it comes to govt. run anything?

  2. #802
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion and theory. History doesn't show that the govt. single payer program which is Medicare hasn't worked real well at all and cost how many times more than was intended? Why are you so naive when it comes to govt. run anything?
    Actually, they work quite well, often doing more then they were originally intended to do. You shold stop with overgenralizing and seek to actually have a thought outside partisan talking points. Just saying . . .

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #803
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, they work quite well, often doing more then they were originally intended to do. You shold stop with overgenralizing and seek to actually have a thought outside partisan talking points. Just saying . . .
    Yes, like all liberal programs Medicare costs billions more than intended but since you don't apparently see the cost you ignore them.

  4. #804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion


  5. #805
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion


  6. #806
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You shold stop with overgenralizing and seek to actually have a thought outside partisan talking points.
    LOL!

    look who's talking

  7. #807
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    canada's infamous WAIT TIME ALLIANCE's report card, february, 2009:

    MEDIAN wait time for corneal transplant: 636 days, 91% of patients wait more than 18 weeks

    MEDIAN wait time for "abnormal premenopausal uterine bleeding:" 164 days, 62% required to bleed more than 18 weeks

    chronic diarrhea or constipation: 260 days, 75%

    hip arthroplasty: 173 days, 59%

    http://www.waittimealliance.ca/June2...June2009_e.pdf

    etc

    there's lots and lots and lots more, the alliance is always very busy and always has been since it was first formed ten years ago, one can only imagine under what political pressure, to address the woeful lack of treatment for maple leafers overpromised and undertreated

    Canadian Wait Times Alliance Urges Speed in Reducing Health Care Wait Times in Canada

    there's also the famous doctor shortage that contributes directly to the painful wait time problem

    Study: Major doctor shortage in rural Canada

    Canada's Doctor Shortage Worsening - The Canadian Encyclopedia

    CBC News - Health - Canada's doctor shortage to worsen without changes: Fraser report

    the same concern, of course, worries the analyses of AMERICANS a lot more thoughtful than chatroomers who so cavalierly click "submit"

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/he...cy/27care.html

    Health care reform hampered by shortage of primary care doctors | Minnesota Public Radio News

    Primary-Care Doctor Shortage May Undermine Health Reform Efforts - washingtonpost.com

    and, of course, the situation is exacerbating

    Texas doctors fleeing Medicare in droves | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

    the nyt famously reported on the refusal of medics below the 49th parallel to take on new medicare patients first in 2002

    the lady followed up, again, notedly, in april of 2009

    the links are posted in the puffed up pages of misspelled platonism above

    google---canadian health care wait times alliance, there are literally hundreds of hits

    google---canadian health care doctor shortage cbc or canadian health care doctor shortage canadaonline

    learn something

    there really should be a dp directive, for the good of the order---for every ten thousand posts any member "submits," there must be at least ONE link

    LOL!

  8. #808
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    canada's infamous WAIT TIME ALLIANCE's report card, february, 2009:

    MEDIAN wait time for corneal transplant: 636 days, 91% of patients wait more than 18 weeks

    MEDIAN wait time for "abnormal premenopausal uterine bleeding:" 164 days, 62% required to bleed more than 18 weeks

    chronic diarrhea or constipation: 260 days, 75%

    hip arthroplasty: 173 days, 59%

    http://www.waittimealliance.ca/June2...June2009_e.pdf

    etc

    there's lots and lots and lots more, the alliance is always very busy and always has been since it was first formed ten years ago, one can only imagine under what political pressure, to address the woeful lack of treatment for maple leafers overpromised and undertreated

    Canadian Wait Times Alliance Urges Speed in Reducing Health Care Wait Times in Canada

    there's also the famous doctor shortage that contributes directly to the painful wait time problem

    Study: Major doctor shortage in rural Canada

    Canada's Doctor Shortage Worsening - The Canadian Encyclopedia

    CBC News - Health - Canada's doctor shortage to worsen without changes: Fraser report

    the same concern, of course, worries the analyses of AMERICANS a lot more thoughtful than chatroomers who so cavalierly click "submit"

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/he...cy/27care.html

    Health care reform hampered by shortage of primary care doctors | Minnesota Public Radio News

    Primary-Care Doctor Shortage May Undermine Health Reform Efforts - washingtonpost.com

    and, of course, the situation is exacerbating

    Texas doctors fleeing Medicare in droves | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

    the nyt famously reported on the refusal of medics below the 49th parallel to take on new medicare patients first in 2002

    the lady followed up, again, notedly, in april of 2009

    the links are posted in the puffed up pages of misspelled platonism above

    google---canadian health care wait times alliance, there are literally hundreds of hits

    google---canadian health care doctor shortage cbc or canadian health care doctor shortage canadaonline

    learn something

    there really should be a dp directive, for the good of the order---for every ten thousand posts any member "submits," there must be at least ONE link

    LOL!
    This is utopia in Boo's world! How anyone can support this type healthcare here is absolutely incredible and certainly out of touch with the facts. I have all the confidence in the world that the House will defund Obamacare so Boo will be waiting a long, long time for implementation.

  9. #809
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    meanwhile, back in the raunchy world of reality, progressive prospects for 2012 were this week dealt a devastating ELECTORAL setback

    Republicans' Historic Win in State Legislatures -- Vote 2010 Election Results - ABC News

    GOP statehouse gains set to pay off - Richard E. Cohen - POLITICO.com

    republicans won brand new control of 19 state houses, giving my side complete, uncontested control of GERRYMANDERING, more politely termed, redistricting

    the gop now operates UNOPPOSED the state govt's of key battlegrounders such as FLORIDA, PENNSYLVANIA, OHIO, MICHIGAN, WISCONSIN, INDIANA, IOWA, MAINE and NORTH CAROLINA

    that means you can say goodbye in 2012 to a three termer like JOE DONNELLY in indiana 2, who beat jackie walorski tuesday by 2500 votes

    donnelly was the first incumbent dem to run an anti nancy ad, he promised to dispute the "pelosi energy tax"

    it means anti obamacare campaigner MARK CRITZ in pa12, johnstown, jack murtha's old district, is gonna get squeezed

    it means a good TWO DOZEN dems nationally are gonna have just that much more to overcome

    also, due to the 2010 census megastates TEXAS and FLORIDA have been ceded FOUR and TWO new reps, respectively, for guess-which-party to allocate according to its wingnut whim

    remember tom delay's redrawing of texas ten years ago?

    we're gonna PACK houston and orlando, concentrate all the dems in 5 or 6 districts, allowing us to spread out our support in the other 45

    you simply must force yourself to learn to LOOK AHEAD

    it also means MY SIDE controls DISTRICTS as well as capitols, counties, ELECTION COMMISSIONERS

    we're gonna see some TWO DOZEN retirements, in addition, based on historical happenings, giving gop plum OPPORTUNITY in a replete pail full of OPEN's

    these are huge political ADVANTAGES

    i assume you all are sufficiently sophisticated to appreciate the profound part GOVERNORSHIPS play in presidentials

    all told, we reprobate republicans picked up MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED state positions nation wide

    worry

  10. #810
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    meanwhile, back in the raunchy world of reality, progressive prospects for 2012 were this week dealt a devastating ELECTORAL setback

    Republicans' Historic Win in State Legislatures -- Vote 2010 Election Results - ABC News

    GOP statehouse gains set to pay off - Richard E. Cohen - POLITICO.com

    republicans won brand new control of 19 state houses, giving my side complete, uncontested control of GERRYMANDERING, more politely termed, redistricting

    the gop now operates UNOPPOSED the state govt's of key battlegrounders such as FLORIDA, PENNSYLVANIA, OHIO, MICHIGAN, WISCONSIN, INDIANA, IOWA, MAINE and NORTH CAROLINA

    that means you can say goodbye in 2012 to a three termer like JOE DONNELLY in indiana 2, who beat jackie walorski tuesday by 2500 votes

    donnelly was the first incumbent dem to run an anti nancy ad, he promised to dispute the "pelosi energy tax"

    it means anti obamacare campaigner MARK CRITZ in pa12, johnstown, jack murtha's old district, is gonna get squeezed

    it means a good TWO DOZEN dems nationally are gonna have just that much more to overcome

    also, due to the 2010 census megastates TEXAS and FLORIDA have been ceded FOUR and TWO new reps, respectively, for guess-which-party to allocate according to its wingnut whim

    remember tom delay's redrawing of texas ten years ago?

    we're gonna PACK houston and orlando, concentrate all the dems in 5 or 6 districts, allowing us to spread out our support in the other 45

    you simply must force yourself to learn to LOOK AHEAD

    it also means MY SIDE controls DISTRICTS as well as capitols, counties, ELECTION COMMISSIONERS

    we're gonna see some TWO DOZEN retirements, in addition, based on historical happenings, giving gop plum OPPORTUNITY in a replete pail full of OPEN's

    these are huge political ADVANTAGES

    i assume you all are sufficiently sophisticated to appreciate the profound part GOVERNORSHIPS play in presidentials

    all told, we reprobate republicans picked up MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED state positions nation wide

    worry
    Great post, one that has to make our liberal "friends" sick. I believe the actual number is 628 state offices nationwide, a true tidal wave that our "deaf" Democrats still haven't heard.

Page 81 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •