Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1129

Thread: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

  1. #701
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Yes, every election the partisan idiots come out and shriek about how it was a historic defeat and rejection of something or other. And then the next election comes along, and the partisan idiots on the other side shriek about how it was a historic vindication of something or other. Repeat ad infinitum.
    well, no one since 1938 has been able to say we picked up 65 seats last nite

  2. #702
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jdebate View Post
    The first thing is that there is a difference between the individual and the economy. If there wasn’t, economics would be accountancy.

    If an individual is living beyond his means, then yes, cut back on spending. But a country is not an individual. An individual’s income comes from an external source (an employer, customers or the dole) but a country’s income comes from itself mainly. Because of this, when a country cuts spending, it ends up cutting its own income.

    This might sound like a contradiction, but it can be explained by a simple bit of economics called the multiplier.

    In a normal functioning economy, when people have money they spend it. The people they give it to when they spend, also spend it, and so on. The money is shunted on throughout the economy.

    When you cut, the opposite occurs. The more we cut, the more the economy will shrink because there is in tandem with the cuts a credit crunch — the banks are bust and interest rates are going up, not down.

    So Obama has to spend More not less it's economics.
    Government can't create wealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #703
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jdebate View Post
    The first thing is that there is a difference between the individual and the economy. If there wasn’t, economics would be accountancy.

    If an individual is living beyond his means, then yes, cut back on spending. But a country is not an individual. An individual’s income comes from an external source (an employer, customers or the dole) but a country’s income comes from itself mainly. Because of this, when a country cuts spending, it ends up cutting its own income.

    This might sound like a contradiction, but it can be explained by a simple bit of economics called the multiplier.

    In a normal functioning economy, when people have money they spend it. The people they give it to when they spend, also spend it, and so on. The money is shunted on throughout the economy.

    When you cut, the opposite occurs. The more we cut, the more the economy will shrink because there is in tandem with the cuts a credit crunch — the banks are bust and interest rates are going up, not down.

    So Obama has to spend More not less it's economics.
    Spoken like someone who doesn't understand the free enterprise economy that made us the greatest economic power in the world. In our country Govt. spending comes from the taxpayers and right now we have 16 million unemployed taxpayers in the country. Our country operates basically through the private sector, Obama is changing that to the public sector and all that does is create debt. As Europe abandons the socialist model Obama is embracing it. Without a strong private sector our economy fails and that is what is happening now. Since most of our economy is private sector cuts in the public sector doesn't have the same affect here as it has in your country.

  4. #704
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Government can't create wealth.
    it can produce an income from itself though through taxation.
    I use a lot of satire and sarcasm so keep that in mind when reading my posts.

  5. #705
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    obama doesn't get it but, like i said, the pro's sure do

    The bodies aren’t even cold yet in the House, but the Democratic Party has already opened up a bitter debate over who’s to blame.

    The party’s bloodied moderates Wednesday released two years of pent-up anger at a party leadership they viewed as blind to their needs and deaf to the messages of voters who never asked for President Barack Obama’s ambitious first-term agenda.

    Liberals pushed back hard: The problem, they say, was those undisciplined moderates, who won delays, unsightly compromises and a muddled message from a too-accommodating administration.

    Yet a third group of Democratic politicians and operatives blamed not policy but a failed sales job for the party’s woes.

    One thing all sides agree on: The White House blew it.

    It’s a sign of Obama’s weakened position coming out of Tuesday that partisans on both ends of the party’s ideological spectrum felt free to take potshots – hoping they could still sway him as he tries to settle on a course for the last two years of his term.
    Democrats find common ground: It's the White House's fault - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

  6. #706
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    it can produce an income from itself though through taxation.
    Taxation takes from individuals to fund govt. programs, it is a vicious circle that produces nothing but more debt.

  7. #707
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    it can produce an income from itself though through taxation.
    The government isn't, "producing", an income for itself. The government doesn't, "produce", anything. The government can only confiscate wealth, it can't produce, make, conger up, snap it's fingers, wiggle it's nose, nod it's head, cast magic spells, or anything else to create wealth.

    Only the private sector can create wealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #708
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    11-04-10 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Spoken like someone who doesn't understand the free enterprise economy that made us the greatest economic power in the world. In our country Govt. spending comes from the taxpayers and right now we have 16 million unemployed taxpayers in the country. Our country operates basically through the private sector, Obama is changing that to the public sector and all that does is create debt. As Europe abandons the socialist model Obama is embracing it. Without a strong private sector our economy fails and that is what is happening now. Since most of our economy is private sector cuts in the public sector doesn't have the same affect here as it has in your country.

    I was talking about the capitalist system that all of Western Europe uses (free enterprise) you really would want to re-read my post slowly LOL

  9. #709
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by jdebate View Post
    I was talking about the capitalist system that all of Western Europe uses (free enterprise) you really would want to re-read my post slowly LOL
    A capitalistic system doesn't offer govt(taxpayer) funded cradle to grave coverage and public pensions at age 60 like in France.

  10. #710
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,655

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, hope the party of "NO" says NO to the bailout of California
    I am glad Governor Moonbeam won along with the spoiled aging Jewish American Princess rather than the Ebay Egoist and Carly the RINO. Why? Because California is going down the toilet as its idiotic spending cannot be constrained and millionaires leave the state in droves. When California sinks into a sea of red ink it will be the democrats presiding over the implosion



Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •