Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1129

Thread: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

  1. #111
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Updated house and Gov, and just now Blunt is being called in Missouri.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #112
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Depends on your point of political view. Every President in the last 50-60 years, who's party lost both the House and the Senate at mid-terms, has gone on to win re-election for a 2nd term. No idea how just losing 1 would work out.
    I think he meant how it would work out from a policy perspective, rather than a 2012 election perspective. In terms of policy, it will definitely make it harder for the Democrats to pass their agenda...but that's OK, because since health care and financial reform already passed, their ambitious was probably going to be much less ambitious for the next two years anyway.

    It is my hope that the Democrats can work with the Republican majority in the House. There are some issues where Obama has shown willingness to do that: free trade and education reform, for example. I think it remains to be seen if the Republicans are willing to work with Obama though.

    In terms of the 2012 election, I would agree with you that it's difficult to predict what (if any) effect this election will have on it. My guess is not much. If the economy has recovered by 2012, Obama will probably get reelected. If it hasn't, he probably won't.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #113
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Democrats Emphasize it's Not Over, Pelosi says They'll Keep the Majority | Foxnews.com saw the video earlier tonight before retruns started coming in. If ever a Speaker was out of touch, she is.
    People are still voting out West. There's no reason for her to admit the obvious until all the polls close. It could demoralize Democrats in Western states if she did.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #114
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Andrew Cuomo is now the top Douchebag in Albany
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Still waiting on Sconnie, Johnson'll probably win. I'll only be upset if he cans the high speed rail project.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  6. #116
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    People are still voting out West. There's no reason for her to admit the obvious until all the polls close. It could demoralize Democrats in Western states if she did.
    Polls will be closing in Iowa in ... about eight minutes.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  7. #117
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Updated house again.

    By the way, this is a pain to keep up with, I should have thought of that before starting it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #118
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Andrew Cuomo is now the top Douchebag in Albany
    Well, I mean, the alternative was Palladino.

    Barney Frank called to hang onto his seat.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #119
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Finally, some good news for the Democrats: Joe Sestak is doing better than expected in the Pennsylvania Senate race, and Ted Strickland is doing better than expected in the Ohio Governor race. They should both probably still be considered underdogs to win their races, but the fact that these races are even close should be somewhat concerning to Republicans.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 11-02-10 at 10:54 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #120
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Updated house again.

    By the way, this is a pain to keep up with, I should have thought of that before starting it.
    It maybe, but it is awesome that you are doing this. It is good that we can have an actual election talk without the partisan talk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •