Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1129

Thread: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

  1. #1001
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    He would have pulled out but it would have been political suicide as right would have crucified him and compared the pull out to Vietnam. Never mind he inherited the mess.

    Here you go. Largest embassy and most expensive ever. The size of 80 ****ing football fields! It shows you the repubs are big spenders too. The link is from a right wing news source. How about that?

    U.S. Embassy in Iraq Largest, Most Expensive Ever - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com
    So he played politics with soldiers' lives?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #1002
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So he played politics with soldiers' lives?
    Hardly. It may well have been political suicide, but it is also dangerous to pull out like we did in VN. Remember how that went? However, having stuck to the Iraqi timeline was also prudent and proper.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1003
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    LOL!

    the direct answer to your kneejerk question, transparent product of 60 seconds "thought," is contained in the LINK you so unseriously disparage
    I'm afriad that is correct. I realize you're not used to actually answering questions, assuming your article is all you need. But you should read my questions again, and at least point out what you think answer it. I'll be happy to show you your error. :coffepap

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1004
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hardly. It may well have been political suicide, but it is also dangerous to pull out like we did in VN. Remember how that went? However, having stuck to the Iraqi timeline was also prudent and proper.
    Barack Obama is the worst President in U.S. History and most knew that when they voted against him in 2008. His resume showed that he lacked the leadership skills for the office and the results reflect that lack of leadership skills. Obama kept Bush' Sec. of Defense and the brought back David Petreaus to save his ass in Afghanistan. He is far left in a Center Right country and the American people work up last Tuesday except of course for the Left Coast. He is very naive and very arrogant, a dangerous combination.

  5. #1005
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Barack Obama is the worst President in U.S. History and most knew that when they voted against him in 2008. His resume showed that he lacked the leadership skills for the office and the results reflect that lack of leadership skills. Obama kept Bush' Sec. of Defense and the brought back David Petreaus to save his ass in Afghanistan. He is far left in a Center Right country and the American people work up last Tuesday except of course for the Left Coast. He is very naive and very arrogant, a dangerous combination.
    You're opinion is noted. You won't mind if I disagree will you?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1006
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're opinion is noted. You won't mind if I disagree will you?
    Not surprised that you would disagree with me as feelings always trump actual facts and reality in your world.

  7. #1007
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not surprised that you would disagree with me as feelings always trump actual facts and reality in your world.
    Tell yourself what you must.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1008
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Tell yourself what you must.
    What is it going to take for you to admit that you are wrong regarding Obama? You continue to buy the rhetoric while ignoring the results and the policies that led to those results. You are quick to jump on the party line without actually reviewing the results behind that party line. It is almost like a cult follower who cannot admit when wrong.

  9. #1009
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is it going to take for you to admit that you are wrong regarding Obama? You continue to buy the rhetoric while ignoring the results and the policies that led to those results. You are quick to jump on the party line without actually reviewing the results behind that party line. It is almost like a cult follower who cannot admit when wrong.

    It really is funny to see you say thatt

  10. #1010
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: 2010 Midterm Results Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It really is funny to see you say thatt
    Spoken like a true ideologue. You don't know me, you don't know my background. If you knew my background you would have known I was a staunch Democrat whose eyes were opened a little over 30 years ago. Only a true ideologue trusts but never verifies. I verified what I was being told and saw the Democrat Party leave me. The facts are there for all to see, only the blind ideologues refuse to look at the facts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •