Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Think about this comment: "reaction to austerity and regressive policies may be on its way." Then, lookup the definition of austerity and regressive, then read it again.
    So he's talking about austerity, a political neutral word in terms of meaning, and the word regressive is normally by those who call themselves progressive but it also has a non-political meaning. HOWEVER, it doesnt mean he supports terrorism even if he disagrees with the policy the terrorists are reacting to, assuming he disagrees with that policy.

  2. #12
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So he's talking about austerity, a political neutral word in terms of meaning, and the word regressive is normally by those who call themselves progressive but it also has a non-political meaning. HOWEVER, it doesnt mean he supports terrorism even if he disagrees with the policy the terrorists are reacting to, assuming he disagrees with that policy.
    Did you even bother to lookup the definition of austerity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Did you even bother to lookup the definition of austerity?
    I know what it means, and it someone disgarees with it doesnt mean they support terrorism.

  4. #14
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because the OP sees nothing wrong with the motivation.
    Except there's almost no indication in the article about the political leaning of the people responsible.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I know what it means, and it someone disgarees with it doesnt mean they support terrorism.
    Well, there's not much difference in condemning terrorism and condoning the motive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Except there's almost no indication in the article about the political leaning of the people responsible.
    A lot of times, when you examine ideology terrorism, it's fairly easy to determine if it is coming from the left or the right.

  7. #17
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    A lot of times, when you examine ideology terrorism, it's fairly easy to determine if it is coming from the left or the right.
    Ok, so where is this indication of the ideological motivation of this particular terrorist act?
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: German Letter Bomb Found After Athens Blasts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, there's not much difference in condemning terrorism and condoning the motive.
    ...Confused?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •