Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,748

    Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    She repeatedly referenced Ronald Reagan's optimism. She said she felt a kinship with farmers in the room because she's the owner of a family fishing business.
    In fact, it goes beyond that. During one portion of her speech, which I saw, she actually compared herself to the Gipper. Made me want to throw up. Ronald Reagan, like him or not, had a brain, and a pretty good one too. There is no comparision here.

    Article is here.

    In fact, Palin's ignorance goes much further as well. Ronald Reagan went to Eureka College in Illinois, and did not go to California until 5 years later. Palin, in her speech, touted Reagan's academic life in Eureka, California. Yes, California has Eureka, but no Eureka College there, although there is a College of the Redwoods close by. Reagan did not go to college there.

    Article is here.

    This may seem trivial to most of you, but it does point towards something that the Republican Party already knows. The GOP may, in fact, be on track to defeat Obama in 2012, but you can count on the fact that Palin will not be the standard bearer. To be perfectly blunt, she is even more unfit for the office than Obama is.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    What people see in her I can't imagine. Not only does she make totally ignorant statements, her sharp tongue combined with those ignorant statements is appalling. Who can forget her, "Obama pals around with terrorists" statement.

    Obama may not have had the qualifications some wanted for a CIC, but at least he's got a brain in his head, and isn't into the personal attacks to gain stature. He's also not a quitter. I still would like to know if she actually got her degree after transferring from one college to another five times, and we all know she couldn't even finish out her term as governor of Alaska.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 10-31-10 at 05:01 PM.

  3. #3
    Unnecessary Middleman Bardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    605

    Re: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    If I were a conservative or republican I would cringe everytime Palin takes the podium. I'm not much of a Reagan fan but the idea of comparing him to Palin is just plain laughable.

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I still would like to know if she actually got her degree after transferring from one college to another five times, and we all know she couldn't even finish out her term as governor of Alaska.
    She recieved a BA in communications majoring in journalism

  4. #4
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    If I were a conservative or republican I would cringe everytime Palin takes the podium. I'm not much of a Reagan fan but the idea of comparing him to Palin is just plain laughable.


    She recieved a BA in communications majoring in journalism
    Have you seen the diploma?
    It could be fake just like Obama's birth certificate!

    (No I'm not a birther!)

  5. #5
    Unnecessary Middleman Bardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    605

    Re: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    I still say she's a secret canadian

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I still say she's a secret canadian

    Actually she is Russian spy sending communications to Mother Russia via smoke signals from her back yard.

  7. #7
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Actually she is Russian spy sending communications to Mother Russia via smoke signals from her back yard.
    Why isn't she showing her birth certificate to prove she isn't Russian? She could have settled this so easily, but has instead chosen to ignore these legitimate concerns that the American people have!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    In fact, it goes beyond that. During one portion of her speech, which I saw, she actually compared herself to the Gipper. Made me want to throw up. Ronald Reagan, like him or not, had a brain, and a pretty good one too. There is no comparision here.

    Article is here.

    In fact, Palin's ignorance goes much further as well. Ronald Reagan went to Eureka College in Illinois, and did not go to California until 5 years later. Palin, in her speech, touted Reagan's academic life in Eureka, California. Yes, California has Eureka, but no Eureka College there, although there is a College of the Redwoods close by. Reagan did not go to college there.

    Article is here.

    This may seem trivial to most of you, but it does point towards something that the Republican Party already knows. The GOP may, in fact, be on track to defeat Obama in 2012, but you can count on the fact that Palin will not be the standard bearer. To be perfectly blunt, she is even more unfit for the office than Obama is.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're old enough to recall--better than I am--that Leftists claimed that Reagan wasn't as smart as Godlwater.

    History repeating itself. Or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why isn't she showing her birth certificate to prove she isn't Russian? She could have settled this so easily, but has instead chosen to ignore these legitimate concerns that the American people have!
    So, you're a birfer?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Palin talks straws, Reagan optimism

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're old enough to recall--better than I am--that Leftists claimed that Reagan wasn't as smart as Godlwater.

    History repeating itself. Or what?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Palin is still wrong correct? So whats your point?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •