Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 134

Thread: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, the owner is wrong for asking his employees to vote Republican, yet this can be perfectly fine....



    Wonderful world we live in isn't it?


    j-mac
    I wonder how reliable this report is? Let's look at who wrote it:

    Cleta Mitchell

    Counsel to Friends of Sharron Angle

    Republican Nominee for U.S. Senate, Nevada
    I think I am going to wait for some one believable to report that this is actually going to happen, and not accusations from the other campaign.

    By the way: No WWE swag for poll goodies - Connecticut Post

    World Wrestling Entertainment, which employed Linda McMahon as CEO before she became a candidate, announced Thursday that it will give away free merchandise at select polling locations on Election Day.

    WWE said it will stay at least 75 feet away from polling places, the campaign-free zone mandated by law.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    cromulent?

    google here I come.
    Aren't the Cromulans some alien race on Star Trek?

  3. #43
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    Quote Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
    "Unions" do not "pay" wages so any political pamphlets they may hand out would not fall into this topic as it is perfectly legal to do what you are attempting to deem as criminal. Here is an example of what I am talking about.
    Well, I didn't say it wasn't legal, did I? I'm suggesting it's wrong.

  4. #44
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I wonder how reliable this report is? Let's look at who wrote it:



    I think I am going to wait for some one believable to report that this is actually going to happen, and not accusations from the other campaign.

    By the way: No WWE swag for poll goodies - Connecticut Post
    I see, so dismissing the report due to whom wrote it, yet we are supposed to believe anything that comes out of Think Progress, Centers for American Progress, or Media Matters' mouth....hmmmm.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Unions cant fire union members, union members can fire the managment of the union
    No, but they can expel a member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I see, so dismissing the report due to whom wrote it, yet we are supposed to believe anything that comes out of Think Progress, Centers for American Progress, or Media Matters' mouth....hmmmm.

    j-mac
    Question. Did you read the last part of what Redress said... where he demonstrated that there are Republicans who do exactly what you claimed they do not do?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I see, so dismissing the report due to whom wrote it, yet we are supposed to believe anything that comes out of Think Progress, Centers for American Progress, or Media Matters' mouth....hmmmm.

    j-mac
    Where did I say you should believe anything any of those say? We call that a straw man.

    By the way, the story I linked is confirmed, but feel free to fact check it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #48
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Why do we give a hoot about any employer asking any employee to vote for any particular candidate?

    They can't follow you into the voting booth. Hell, unless they've got too much time on their hands they won't even know if you voted at all.
    Because it is illegal and could border on job harassment.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  9. #49
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    "Because it's illegal" isn't a solid argument for why you should or should not do something. People speed all the time, that's illegal. The law is neither just nor moral, so the only question with respect to breaking the law is whether or not the risks outweigh the rewards.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #50
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: McDonald’s Workers Are Told Whom to Vote for

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    "Because it's illegal" isn't a solid argument for why you should or should not do something. People speed all the time, that's illegal. The law is neither just nor moral, so the only question with respect to breaking the law is whether or not the risks outweigh the rewards.

    So are you suggesting that employers should be able to do whatever they want and laws be damned? There is a reason why certain things are not allowed in the workplace and this is one of em buster!
    Ohio Revised Code - Title XXXV Elections - Section 3599.05 Corrupt practices - employer shall not influence political opinions or votes of employees. - Ohio Attorney Resources - Ohio Laws
    ~Following My Own Flow~

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •