Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 276

Thread: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

  1. #81
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Figuratively yes, everything is. Not everything in the Bible is as literal as people would like it to be like your "math" comment. One thing is clear though. Immorality in all it's form is a sin. his includes acts of homosexuality.
    Another funny thing is that all important word "sin" which can translate to mean simply "off mark". Although I do love your interpreation of God as some authoritarian father figure who seems to have created all his little children to be robots living in accordacne to an imperfect world. Anyone who does not obey or fails his expectations is apparantly defective and worthy of being discarded. Quite the parental figure to be proud of I would say.

  2. #82
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,555

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Christian? It depends upon which Christian's interpretatoin you wish to take. According to some I am forever a Christian even if I reject it, and according to others I am destined to burn in hell. It's funny, you would think your God would be a little more careful in laying out hs wording so that it couldn't be interpreted an infinite number of ways.
    i think he did, human thought just manages to ruin it anyway. In ancient times, for a someone to become a member of the sanhedrien, the "applicant" had to prove to the sanhedrian that he was a master of logic, and would have make an arguement for the torah/bible allowing jews to eat red meat, even thought it is clearly forbidden, word for word in the commandments.

    And obviously, some were successful. So, i think it has nothing to do with how "well" my God wrote his bible and more to due with people who don't like to be told that they are wrong.

    Which is fair, no one likes to be told they're doing something wrong...

  3. #83
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,555

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Another funny thing is that all important word "sin" which can translate to mean simply "off mark". Although I do love your interpreation of God as some authoritarian father figure who seems to have created all his little children to be robots living in accordacne to an imperfect world. Anyone who does not obey or fails his expectations is apparantly defective and worthy of being discarded. Quite the parental figure to be proud of I would say.
    I don't know which god you are thinking of. Are you done being fascetious yet?

  4. #84
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    As I said, it is not biblical so it is not relevant. Continue to play your silly semantics game, it makes you look uninformed at best.
    Informed? As in, pretending a certain interpretation that I have been indoctrinated into is the absolute correct one and anyone who strays from it is not truly a Christian? That is quite the thing to be informed in! How does that work out for you? It must be maddening living in a world where you are one of the few people who have it right. I'm sure you feel quite powerful and knowledgeable.

    And no it can't. Only people like yourself who want to twist it into something that it's not even bother to try.
    Twisting? Funny thing about books that were based on oral traditoins is that they were likely twisted many times over by the time they were written down. And even when they are written, it is so easy to distort them when you take them out of historical context. But I'm sure you and your God are well aware of such a trival thing. Why not just assume that book is perfect and for added fun, lets emply the ciruclar logic that it is perfect because it says it is.

  5. #85
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Another funny thing is that all important word "sin" which can translate to mean simply "off mark". Although I do love your interpreation of God as some authoritarian father figure who seems to have created all his little children to be robots living in accordacne to an imperfect world. Anyone who does not obey or fails his expectations is apparantly defective and worthy of being discarded. Quite the parental figure to be proud of I would say.
    And this has what to do with my post? In fact you are completely wrong. You did not bother to read my posts in the beginning did you? If you had you would have seen that you are just spouting nonsense at this point because in actuality, you really have no argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #86
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And this has what to do with my post? In fact you are completely wrong. You did not bother to read my posts in the beginning did you? If you had you would have seen that you are just spouting nonsense at this point because in actuality, you really have no argument.
    Did I ever have an argument? I'm simply enjoying your posts. They are quite amusing. Who am I but a lowly nonbeliever, and why should you cast pearls before such swine? Truly, it is much more important to preach the gospel and save your fellow man from the plight of his own humanity and a world that is as inherently absurd as he is.

  7. #87
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Figuratively yes, everything is. Not everything in the Bible is as literal as people would like it to be like CriticalThought's "math" comment. One thing is clear though. Immorality in all it's form is a sin. This includes acts of homosexuality.
    I have strong religious beliefs and I believe the Bible is one of the greatest spiritual guides ever written. However I won't agree with your statement nor will I disagree with it. I think everything in the Bible needs to be examined in the context it was written, and with proper translation. For instance, the word "fornication" was a very improper translation of the Greek word Pornea. While fornication means sex outside of marriage, Pornea is a general term simply meaning sexual immorality, or "playing the harlot" without giving any specifics as to exactly what forms of sex are in this category.

    Also, one thing Christians like to ignore, is that even Biblical laws change overtime to fit with their society.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  8. #88
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Informed? As in, pretending a certain interpretation that I have been indoctrinated into is the absolute correct one and anyone who strays from it is not truly a Christian? That is quite the thing to be informed in! How does that work out for you? It must be maddening living in a world where you are one of the few people who have it right. I'm sure you feel quite powerful and knowledgeable.

    Twisting? Funny thing about books that were based on oral traditoins is that they were likely twisted many times over by the time they were written down. And even when they are written, it is so easy to distort them when you take them out of historical context. But I'm sure you and your God are well aware of such a trival thing. Why not just assume that book is perfect and for added fun, lets emply the ciruclar logic that it is perfect because it says it is.
    At this point you are not even addressing anything worth responding to. It has become nothing but yet another in a LONG line of your anti religion rants.

    I have to go help a friend move. So God bless and sleep tight man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm certainly no fan of it. I like to believe I have a choice in rejecting Christianty for the vile and corrupted relgion that it is.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet This is very close to baiting/trolling: the use of needlessly inflammatory language likely to cause other posters to lose their temper and respond with flaming. I advise caution in making such pronouncements in future. One can express oneself without being needlessly offensive to an entire religion.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    If it's between him and God, it's none of your business if he's a sinner or not. We are all sinners, and I think that is pretty established in in the Bible. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

    Christianity has always been a refuge for homosexuals because if you are willing to play the traditional role of a man, it's easy. Producing a child is not hard. I'm gay and I could do it. From a Christian perspective, are you really willing to write off 30 some odd years of this guy's work just because he is now coming out? He has probably done a lot of good. It's hypocrisy to gloss over the good in his life over something like this.

    Your job is not to judge. Your job is to love. It is God's job to judge. I'm not even Christian and I understand that better than you do.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •