Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 276

Thread: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

  1. #151
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So let me get this right...people could con other people into believing a religion they concocted and they could profit immensely from it...but the immensely powerful and wealthy Catholic Church and their preceding religious leaders did not do this because they were...immune to such ambitions? Hm....you really do have to appreciate the gullibleness of human nature.
    You think the Catholic church is what founded Christianity? Or that it did not exist LONG before the Catholic church?

    I would recommend if you really want to know more, study about the history of the Christian religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Certainly. Anyone who makes Christinaity look bad is not a Christian.
    No one has said that, except you?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You say it is relevant then you say it isn't.
    It depends on the context. Something you continue to ignore.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It's convienent when you can pick when an idea expressed in the Bible is relevant to your argument and when it is not.
    This completely ignores my statement and has yet again nothing to do with what I said or even implied.

    Either come up with a coherent argument that does not rely on fallacy's and mis information, or lets be done with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #152
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Do you work on the Sabbath by chance? I'm just curious how wicked you are.

    I mean obviously, I'm a wicked American who doesn't take some parts of the Bible as literally as you do.
    You have not responded to any of my points. I have asked for respectful and rational debate. I must excuse myself from this thread for the time being. I respect you and your beliefs, but I don't see this discussion being productive at all.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #153
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You think the Catholic church is what founded Christianity? Or that it did not exist LONG before the Catholic church?

    I would recommend if you really want to know more, study about the history of the Christian religion.
    Sigh, I even made the effort to say "preceding religous leaders" but it was ignored.

    No one has said that, except you?
    I say it, you practice it.

    It depends on the context. Something you continue to ignore.
    Oh, the context? Funny how a book inspired by God has to be interpretted within a certain context. Even funnier is that how people interpret the context is subjective. There are entire books written explaining the "correct" context people should accept before they even begin interpreting the Bible.

    This completely ignores my statement and has yet again nothing to do with what I said or even implied.

    Either come up with a coherent argument that does not rely on fallacy's and mis information, or lets be done with this.
    Pretty much all you have done is argue that anything I say that you do not like is a red herring. Do you really think you have made any sort of coherent argument aside from, "I believe my interpreation of Christianity above all others and all other religions because I don't believe that a bunch of people who lived hundreds of years ago could have been motivated to concoct a religion for the sake of their own profit."

  4. #154
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    You have not responded to any of my points. I have asked for respectful and rational debate. I must excuse myself from this thread for the time being. I respect you and your beliefs, but I don't see this discussion being productive at all.
    You haven't exactly made any points, but okay. As they say, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

  5. #155
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You haven't exactly made any points, but okay. As they say, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    I have made points that you have ignored. It's not so much that I can't take the heat, I just don't like feeding the trolls.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #156
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I have made points that you have ignored. It's not so much that I can't take the heat, I just don't like feeding the trolls.
    So far the only point I have observed you make is that your religious beliefs give you license to call the views of those who believe differently than you "wicked" and to then demand respect from others for your views. I find that wonderfully absurd.

  7. #157
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Moderator's Warning:
    Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet Critical Thought is banned from this thread at this time. Any further posts will be 5 point infractions. I let you have your say, but you've had a dozen posts to troll and that's enough already.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #158
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Sigh, I even made the effort to say "preceding religous leaders" but it was ignored.
    Because they were in prison or dead at the time. It is irrelevant because again I already addressed that.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I say it, you practice it.
    That would be a lie.

    Certainly. Anyone who makes Christinaity look bad is not a Christian. - CriticalThought

    Want to try again?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Oh, the context? Funny how a book inspired by God has to be interpretted within a certain context. Even funnier is that how people interpret the context is subjective. There are entire books written explaining the "correct" context people should accept before they even begin interpreting the Bible.
    Yes, but each person guided by the Holy Spirit should read it for themselves. Of course you would rather pick certain out of context or irrelevant factors that do not even apply as you find them on the Internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Pretty much all you have done is argue that anything I say that you do not like is a red herring.
    Not at all, go back and read it. Your comments as I pointed out had nothing to do with anything I said. You go from one rant to the next completely ignoring my points for the most part.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Do you really think you have made any sort of coherent argument aside from, "I believe my interpreation of Christianity above all others and all other religions because I don't believe that a bunch of people who lived hundreds of years ago could have been motivated to concoct a religion for the sake of their own profit."
    Yes actually I have. All you have to do is look at what I wrote.

    Just because you wish to ignore and go off topic with points that have no connection to my point matters little.

    If my arguments were no good, you would have laughed and moved on long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #159
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Jesus loves gays but homosexuality is a sin. How can this man openly live in sin and call himself a Christian? He's a hypocrite.
    By that definition we Christians are all hypocrites. I glory in it... or rather seek to bring glory to God who forgives me.

    Including the man that wrote so much of the New Testament:

    "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." - 1Tim. 1:15.

    (forgive me for answering this old old post here.. I just saw I went 15 pages deep... I will refrain until I have read most of the thread now. )

  10. #160
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I'm not saying that all people who hate gays are religious; I am saying that hatred of gays came from religion.
    I would beg to differ here somewhat. Not to say that religion and homosexuality have been fast friends, just that I think there is a more basic drive in human culture to reject homosexuality built into our biological imperative. So I think it goes deeper than religion.

    Other practices which go against the biological imperative are also shunned or considered taboo within and outside of religion like incest for example. And no, I am not drawing any parallel between homosexuality and incest. I am just pointing out that our species is wired to resist them for the sake of survival.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •