Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 181

Thread: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Lifting the ban on LGBT Americans is not the same on lifting a ban on KKK members. Plain, and simple.
    Why not? Just because? Because it doesn't jive with your agenda? What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why not? Just because? Because it doesn't jive with your agenda? What?
    Because that could actually cause a problem for the military, especially black soldiers.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #83
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,716

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And??????????????????????????
    And what? By joining the KKK, you have made a conscious choice to join a group founded on hatred and intolerance. You've made a choice to be no loner eligible for military service. And good riddance, such people will only be counterproductive to America's goals and security.

    Homosexuals are not comparable in any way. Your argument is about three or four fallacies so far.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why not? Just because? Because it doesn't jive with your agenda? What?
    Because gay people don't have 'lynching' as an extracurricular activity.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #85
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Because that could actually cause a problem for the military, especially black soldiers.
    Oh, well!!! Tough ****!! If they don't like it, the they can get their asses out.

    That's what we've been hearing from the DADT abolitionists. Am I right?

    There's also a ban on membership in the Black Panthers. So, that may, "cause a problem", with white soldiers, too?

    Is, "unit cohesion", starting to take a whole new meaning for you, now?

    Or, do you support the things you agree with, claiming their, "Constitutional Rights", and after that the Constitution is just a, "godamned piece of paper"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Because gay people don't have 'lynching' as an extracurricular activity.
    Black Panthers are banned from the military, too. The Panthers, "lynched", people? How's about the Crips? They're banned, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    And what? By joining the KKK, you have made a conscious choice to join a group founded on hatred and intolerance. You've made a choice to be no loner eligible for military service. And good riddance, such people will only be counterproductive to America's goals and security.

    Homosexuals are not comparable in any way. Your argument is about three or four fallacies so far.
    The same thing could be said for people who want to be openly gay. There's absolutely no need for a person's sexuality to be an issue in the military. It's totally irrelevant to that soldier's service.

    If a person's sexuality is a mission requirement, I would love for you to explain to me how so. I can't wait.


    You've made a choice to be no loner eligible for military service. And good riddance, such people will only be counterproductive to America's goals and security.
    There are folks that say the same thing about gays. By your logic, the Constitution is just a goddamned piece of paper.
    Last edited by apdst; 11-01-10 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, well!!! Tough ****!! If they don't like it, the they can get their asses out.

    That's what we've been hearing from the DADT abolitionists. Am I right?

    There's also a ban on membership in the Black Panthers. So, that may, "cause a problem", with white soldiers, too?

    Is, "unit cohesion", starting to take a whole new meaning for you, now?

    Or, do you support the things you agree with, claiming their, "Constitutional Rights", and after that the Constitution is just a, "godamned piece of paper"?
    What in the hell are you talking about? Being a member of the KKK while in the military is banned because it's still listed as a terrorist organization. The same goes for the Black Panthers. The Neo-Nazis and Latin Kings are banned because they are a clearly criminal organization. The connection you are making between being gay and being a criminal or a member of an organization deemed to have engaged in domestic terrorism is a 'giganticolous' fail. Their membership is not what is in question, it is what one had to do in order to become a member of such organizations. That goes for the KKK, Neo-Nazis and Latin Kings. The Black Panthers were banned because of members who decided it was alright to kill police officers. No, no. Your arguments are bull****.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-01-10 at 12:29 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, well!!! Tough ****!! If they don't like it, the they can get their asses out.

    That's what we've been hearing from the DADT abolitionists. Am I right?

    There's also a ban on membership in the Black Panthers. So, that may, "cause a problem", with white soldiers, too?

    Is, "unit cohesion", starting to take a whole new meaning for you, now?

    Or, do you support the things you agree with, claiming their, "Constitutional Rights", and after that the Constitution is just a, "godamned piece of paper"?
    There's a difference between a group which seeks to violently overthrow the US government as well as kill or forcibly expel a large group of American citizens. And a group who want nothing other than to be allowed to serve in the US military openly.

    Believe it or not no one has the right to be a bigot. If you have a problem serving with white or black soldiers, the army says get out. And soon enough if you have a problem with gay soldiers the army going to say get out. Seriously we faced this EXACT same issue when segregation was ended in the Army and look what happened, NOTHING. This current issue is even MORE tame because everyone knows if someone is black, its much harder to tell if someone is gay and everyone knows they are already serving.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The same thing could be said for people who want to be openly gay. There's absolutely no need for a person's sexuality to be an issue in the military. It's totally irrelevant to that soldier's service.

    If a person's sexuality is a mission requirement, I would love for you to explain to me how so. I can't wait.
    The problem is that a person's sexuality only seems to be an issue when it is a gay soldier. Not when it is a straight. Nobody bats an eye at a soldier who declares he's married to a woman. The same comment would mean expulsion for a gay soldier. Please stop this?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •