Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 181

Thread: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

  1. #51
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Gays men are not women and gay women are not men. This is a large, unsubtle distinction.
    Exactly my point. Gay men are men. And men are such sexual animals that we don't allow them to shower with the objects of their sexual attraction. So why should we have different rules for gay men than straight men? Or are you suggesting there is some reason aside from sexuality that we separate men from women?
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. -Thomas Jefferson

  2. #52
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by rudygetsplenty View Post
    LOL of course America is tired of liberals. They've been in charge for a full 2 years, and the country isn't perfect yet. So now, the general mass of sheep that comprise the majority of this country are lloking to the grass on the other side, convinced it's greener. In a few years, when the right has failed to fix things, they'll swing back the other day. BTW, what a laugh for a Republican to throw out the words "intolerance" and "hypocrisy"; the right wing in the last 2 years have become so partisan (not to mention completely indifferent to the truth) that it borders on treason.
    Liberals have actually been in charge for 4 years since they took over the congress amd things have been going to hell in a handbasket since .....
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 10-31-10 at 12:40 AM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #53
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Liberals have actually been in charge for 4 years since they took over the congress amd things have been going to hell in a handbasket since .....
    LOL yeah, because we were doing so great before they took over what with 2 unwinnable wars being waged, a record deficit, indeed an economy so screwed by mismanagement that it threw us into a second depression.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #54
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by rudygetsplenty View Post
    Question for you, it seems you're in favor of gays in the military. I'm trying to have a debate with a thinking liberal regarding this; I tried starting my own post but didn't get many bites, the only one I did avoided (probably unintentionally) the actual question and gave generic reasons why gays should be allowed to serve.
    How can we not view allowing gays to serve as special treatment? You mention that soldiers aer OK with gays showering and bunking with them, which is fine and dandy. However, we do not allow straight soldiers to bunk or shower with members of the opposite sex, i.e. the objects of their sexual attraction. Why, then, would it be ok to allow gays to do so?
    Redress already beat me to it...but let me just add this in addition. Gay men and women are already in the military...they are already living with, sleeping next to and showering with their straight counterparts. The only thing that getting rid of DADT does is that it promotes honesty.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #55
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Liberals have actually been in charge for 4 years since they took over the congress amd things have been going to hell in a handbasket since .....
    I don't think you can say liberals were in charge when Bush held the pen. Let's be intellectually honest here, it was 2 years. And as I recall, we were pulled out of one of the worst recessions in American history in those two years. I think the liberals deserve some credit.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 10-31-10 at 02:51 AM.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I don't think you can say liberals were in charge when Bush held the pen. Let's be intellectually honest here, it was 2 years. And as I recall, we were pulled out of one of the worst recessions in American history in those two years. I think the liberals deserve some credit.
    Really what type of credit? Doubling the national deficit trying to create jobs that never materialized? How about bailing out big business (btw I thought the libs hated big business but unions were involved so I understand why the liberals would come running)? How about the small businessman refusing to add jobs or expand their operations because of the fear the dems were going to and promised to do so, raise their taxes?

    BTW, didn't the libs call Bush a lame duck after the 2006 elections because he could no longer get anything he wanted passed through congress because it was controlled by the libs? Funny what short memories some people have.

  7. #57
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Redress already beat me to it...but let me just add this in addition. Gay men and women are already in the military...they are already living with, sleeping next to and showering with their straight counterparts. The only thing that getting rid of DADT does is that it promotes honesty.
    If gays are already serving in the military, then why all the whining about them being banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #58
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If gays are already serving in the military, then why all the whining about them being banned?
    Its about honesty. The current policy allows gays to serve as long as they lie. The new policy allows people to be honest. What value do you support? Deceit or honesty?

    I was always taught the latter. Perhaps you were taught different values.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #59
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If gays are already serving in the military, then why all the whining about them being banned?
    Straw man. The issue is not with gays being banned. They are not. The issue is that gays have to hide being gay and are treated differently than every one else.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Straw man. The issue is not with gays being banned. They are not. The issue is that gays have to hide being gay and are treated differently than every one else.
    I guess, by that logic, the ban on Neo-Nazis, Klansmen and Latin Kings should be lifted. Yes?

    Just in the interest of honesty. I mean, it's un-constitutional for a member of the military to be banned, because he/she is associated with a racial hate group, or a street gang. Right?

    If you're going to do it, go all the way. Support a court decision that says a member of the KKK can freely associate with the personel in his/her unit, without being treated differently Don't be a ****ing hypocrite!
    Last edited by apdst; 10-31-10 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •