Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 181

Thread: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

  1. #41
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There are alotta particulars that have to be worked out. The government isn't going to be able to just snap it's fingers and the ban on gays just go away.
    Well no, they have to pass a bill, then DADT goes away. A little more complex than snapping fingers, but not much.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well no, they have to pass a bill, then DADT goes away. A little more complex than snapping fingers, but not much.
    It's not going to be that simple. There are issues within the military that have to be taken into consideration. Like it, or not, that's the way it is.

    If it were as simple as you say, then it would have already been done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I wonder where Disney Dude and Redress are hiding today? They wanted proof on the Marines feelings on DADT and then the silence is deafning....I believe and apology is in order.....
    What's deafening Navy is your silence regarding the fact that the pentagon study says that the vast majority of military personnel have no problem with gays serving side by side with them, sleeping side by side with them...and GASP....showering side by side with them.

    The fact that some old retiring guy takes a show of hands is hardly indicative of the results of the actual study.

    Face it old man....your generation of intolerance and hatred is dying out. Its a new day in America and America is finally growing up and recognizing that bigotry and hatred are not values that America stands for.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #44
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What's deafening Navy is your silence regarding the fact that the pentagon study says that the vast majority of military personnel have no problem with gays serving side by side with them, sleeping side by side with them...and GASP....showering side by side with them.

    The fact that some old retiring guy takes a show of hands is hardly indicative of the results of the actual study.

    Face it old man....your generation of intolerance and hatred is dying out. Its a new day in America and America is finally growing up and recognizing that bigotry and hatred are not values that America stands for.
    You said I lied about the Marine Commandant saying that 90 to 95 percent of the marines were against DADT.......You as usual were Wrong.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What's deafening Navy is your silence regarding the fact that the pentagon study says that the vast majority of military personnel have no problem with gays serving side by side with them, sleeping side by side with them...and GASP....showering side by side with them.

    The fact that some old retiring guy takes a show of hands is hardly indicative of the results of the actual study.

    Face it old man....your generation of intolerance and hatred is dying out. Its a new day in America and America is finally growing up and recognizing that bigotry and hatred are not values that America stands for.
    Face it liberal, we can say the same thing about liberalism, no? Americans are kicking them to the curb in record numbers so it must mean that the generation of liberalism is dead and America will no longer have to deal with the hypocrisy and intolerance that accompanies it. Its a new and wonderful day that the diease of liberalism is dying a slow death in America.

  6. #46
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    Face it liberal, we can say the same thing about liberalism, no? Americans are kicking them to the curb in record numbers so it must mean that the generation of liberalism is dead and America will no longer have to deal with the hypocrisy and intolerance that accompanies it. Its a new and wonderful day that the diease of liberalism is dying a slow death in America.
    LOL of course America is tired of liberals. They've been in charge for a full 2 years, and the country isn't perfect yet. So now, the general mass of sheep that comprise the majority of this country are lloking to the grass on the other side, convinced it's greener. In a few years, when the right has failed to fix things, they'll swing back the other day. BTW, what a laugh for a Republican to throw out the words "intolerance" and "hypocrisy"; the right wing in the last 2 years have become so partisan (not to mention completely indifferent to the truth) that it borders on treason.
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. -Thomas Jefferson

  7. #47
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-12 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What's deafening Navy is your silence regarding the fact that the pentagon study says that the vast majority of military personnel have no problem with gays serving side by side with them, sleeping side by side with them...and GASP....showering side by side with them.

    The fact that some old retiring guy takes a show of hands is hardly indicative of the results of the actual study.

    Face it old man....your generation of intolerance and hatred is dying out. Its a new day in America and America is finally growing up and recognizing that bigotry and hatred are not values that America stands for.
    Question for you, it seems you're in favor of gays in the military. I'm trying to have a debate with a thinking liberal regarding this; I tried starting my own post but didn't get many bites, the only one I did avoided (probably unintentionally) the actual question and gave generic reasons why gays should be allowed to serve.
    How can we not view allowing gays to serve as special treatment? You mention that soldiers aer OK with gays showering and bunking with them, which is fine and dandy. However, we do not allow straight soldiers to bunk or shower with members of the opposite sex, i.e. the objects of their sexual attraction. Why, then, would it be ok to allow gays to do so?
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. -Thomas Jefferson

  8. #48
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by rudygetsplenty View Post
    Question for you, it seems you're in favor of gays in the military. I'm trying to have a debate with a thinking liberal regarding this; I tried starting my own post but didn't get many bites, the only one I did avoided (probably unintentionally) the actual question and gave generic reasons why gays should be allowed to serve.
    How can we not view allowing gays to serve as special treatment? You mention that soldiers aer OK with gays showering and bunking with them, which is fine and dandy. However, we do not allow straight soldiers to bunk or shower with members of the opposite sex, i.e. the objects of their sexual attraction. Why, then, would it be ok to allow gays to do so?
    Gays men are not women and gay women are not men. This is a large, unsubtle distinction.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Gays men are not women and gay women are not men. This is a large, unsubtle distinction.
    However, you won't be able to force straight soldiers to billet with gay soldiers and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #50
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    However, you won't be able to force straight soldiers to billet with gay soldiers and vice versa.
    Sure you can. No law against it, and it is happening now.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •