Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 181

Thread: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I wonder where Disney Dude and Redress are hiding today? They wanted proof on the Marines feelings on DADT and then the silence is deafning....I believe and apology is in order.....
    Hey Navy, if you look at the bottom of the page, you will see a list of names of who is online. Where I have been today is sleeping, then taking care of dogs and picking up the house. Just because some one does not reply to your post when they are not online at the board does not mean they are ducking you.

    I stand corrected Navy, he did say it. It also seems highly likely based on the OP that his guess was wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey Navy, if you look at the bottom of the page, you will see a list of names of who is online. Where I have been today is sleeping, then taking care of dogs and picking up the house. Just because some one does not reply to your post when they are not online at the board does not mean they are ducking you.

    I stand corrected Navy, he did say it. It also seems highly likely based on the OP that his guess was wrong.
    Just pulling your chain a little Redress No offense......Really looking forward to DD's response.........He is usually right behind me when I post something...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Until the Pentagon study is presented to congress on Dec 1, it would be difficult to get anything through the senate.
    That would make sense. Do you think the Pentagon will be against it or for it?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    That would make sense. Do you think the Pentagon will be against it or for it?
    As I understand it, that is not the purpose of the study. It was to find out what was needed to make the change so that a process can be set up to make it as little disruptive as possible, to find out what concerns of the people in the military are so they can be addressed, and things like that.

    If this story about the survey is correct, that just makes it easier for congress to act. They, not the Pentagon or DoD will make the decision.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    As I understand it, that is not the purpose of the study. It was to find out what was needed to make the change so that a process can be set up to make it as little disruptive as possible, to find out what concerns of the people in the military are so they can be addressed, and things like that.

    If this story about the survey is correct, that just makes it easier for congress to act. They, not the Pentagon or DoD will make the decision.
    This is true, but do you think Congress would vote against the will of the Pentagon? If this is not resolved by January do you think a most likely Republican house will still vote to repeal DADT? I'm not sure Congress has to act because it has been ruled unconstitutional in court.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    This is true, but do you think Congress would vote against the will of the Pentagon?
    Yes, but I doubt very much that the Pentagon is going to advicve against the will of the COmmander in Chief.

    If this is not resolved by January do you think a most likely Republican house will still vote to repeal DADT?
    I doubt it will be done before the end of the year, but I am still pretty sure it will get done next year. With the court case ruling against DADT, strong public support of repeal and most people in the military favoring repeal, I think it will get enough republican votes to pass.

    I'm not sure Congress has to act because it has been ruled unconstitutional in court.
    That would be the slow way, though it is quite possible the courts will rid us of DADT if Congress does not.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    congress acted---in september

    Harry Reid?s botched battles - Manu Raju and Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

    a redo, ongoing, is gonna be that much heavier a lift

    it's not what's on america's mind

    reds are likely to control house, close to 50-50 senate

    as for judiciary, doj is arguing (and rather viciously, i'm afraid) against repeal and against gay marriage

    Justice Department Appeals ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ Ruling - Roll Call

    Obama Justice Department Defends Defense Of Marriage Act

    it is what it is, sorry

    all the best

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Being a retired vet myself whom served in a combat line unit, I can say without a doubt the combat troops will have a huge problem with it.

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    Being a retired vet myself whom served in a combat line unit, I can say without a doubt the combat troops will have a huge problem with it.

    I believe--inittialy at least--that gays will be barred from enlisting in combat arms MOS's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Poll: Most US troops OK with gays in the military

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I think it's time that we repeal DADT. I don't know why there is a holdup.
    There are alotta particulars that have to be worked out. The government isn't going to be able to just snap it's fingers and the ban on gays just go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •