Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 101

Thread: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

  1. #51
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    now this demonstrates the stupidity of using terms outside a given era of history and trying to apply them to different eras

    conservative is irrelevant as a term unless you define the context. IN a socialist society, someone who pushes more socialism would be conservative. IN a monarchy, defenders of the crown are conservatives. In a society founded on freedom and liberty, the conservatives would be defending freedom and liberty from the creepy crud of collectivism.

    the people who rebeled against the Monarchy have far more in common with american conservatives than our current crop of liberals who are statist reactionary parasites.
    Your argument is terrible weak and flawed. Are you telling me that the Southern Democrats who opposed abolition and the civil rights movement weren't considered conservative in their time? Because if you are, I have some American history 101 books you should read.

  2. #52
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Instead of these moronic talking points about people who think differently than you having a "mental disorder" or "genetic disorder," maybe you should just accept the fact that maybe your views aren't so obvious to everyone else. If they were, then surely your candidates would win in landslides every election.

    Here is what I think is a pretty fair analysis of the innate differences between liberals and conservatives. Makes a lot of sense.

    Last edited by Kandahar; 10-29-10 at 12:35 AM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-25-11 @ 05:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    464

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    such high sounding nonsense serving as a facade to justify a far left bias.
    A position is not a "bias," I'm not "far left" by any stretch of the imagination, and you're proving my point with every word.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we get the fact that those who believe in suckling on the public teat hate conservatives.
    Another characteristic of conservative thinking is projection. They spend more time and money demonizing "welfare" than they pay in taxes to fund welfare - and they really seem to enjoy going after defenseless people. I wonder if it makes them feel big.
    Last edited by Troubadour; 10-29-10 at 12:38 AM.

  4. #54
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    140

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Conservatives were the ones opposing breaking away from Britain and starting our own country. Conservatives were the ones opposing the abolition of slavery. Conservatives were the ones opposing women's rights to vote. Conservatives were the ones opposing the civil rights movement. They haven't done anything significant to progress this country forward in a good way. Thank goodness they left the Democratic party and switched over to the Republicans in recent years.
    FDR would not support an anti-lynching law during his administration, and JFK was not quite the dynamo when it came to pushing for the Civil Rights Act out of his own fear of alienating his Southern supporters. In fact, he pretty much kept the issue on the back burner and although we will never know if the Civil Rights Act would have passed during his administration, anti-civil rights ideology was used at times to keep the Democratic Southern voters happy. Which means - Southern Democrats weren't "all that" when it came to civil rights, either.
    Last edited by Sadie; 10-29-10 at 12:39 AM.

  5. #55
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    In a society founded on freedom and liberty, the conservatives would be defending freedom and liberty from the creepy crud of collectivism.
    Preventing gays from marrying the person of their choice, preventing law abiding tax paying citizens from smoking marijuana in the privacy of their own homes, preventing gays from "openly" enlisting in the military, preventing Muslims-American citizens from practicing their religion the way they like and wearing the garb they like...Would this be the "freedom" and "liberty" that you are trying to preserve?

  6. #56
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Your argument is terrible weak and flawed. Are you telling me that the Southern Democrats who opposed abolition and the civil rights movement weren't considered conservative in their time? Because if you are, I have some American history 101 books you should read.
    yawn-you really are uneducated about the terms

    you pretend that modern liberals have the same mindset as the founders? Sure southern democrats wanted to preserve the status quo in their environment. Current liberals want to maintain welfare socialism

    current liberals are anti freedom



  7. #57
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Preventing gays from marrying the person of their choice, preventing law abiding tax paying citizens from smoking marijuana in the privacy of their own homes, preventing gays from "openly" enlisting in the military, preventing Muslims-American citizens from practicing their religion the way they like and wearing the garb they like...Would this be the "freedom" and "liberty" that you are trying to preserve?
    Wow-we have had two years of complete dem control-how come dope is still illegal? what part of the constitution allows the idiotic war on drugs

    ANSWER-THE FDR EXPANSION OF THE COMMERCE CLAUSE

    (oops)



  8. #58
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Which means - Southern Democrats weren't "all that" when it came to civil rights, either.
    Ummm...that's exactly what I said. The Southern Democrats were referred to as conservative Democrats. That's why I said good thing they (the conservatives) left the Democratic party and infiltrated the Republican party after the Civil Rights movement. They did this specifically because politicians like JFK and other Democrats who were turning more liberal were supporting the Civil Rights movement (although you are right, JFK could have done a lot more, he was too concerned with pleasing the southern good ol' boys at times).

  9. #59
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yawn-you really are uneducated about the terms

    you pretend that modern liberals have the same mindset as the founders? Sure southern democrats wanted to preserve the status quo in their environment. Current liberals want to maintain welfare socialism

    current liberals are anti freedom
    Founders? When did I mention founders in that sentence?

  10. #60
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Scientists Find 'Liberal Gene'

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    A position is not a "bias," I'm not "far left" by any stretch of the imagination, and you're proving my point with every word.



    Another characteristic of conservative thinking is projection. They spend more time and money demonizing "welfare" than they pay in taxes to fund welfare - and they really seem to enjoy going after defenseless people. I wonder if it makes them feel big.
    so you are claiming to be helpless? what part of your existence creates a just claim on other peoples' wealth



Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •