Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 132

Thread: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at s

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You're saying they'd rampage around the United States in pursuit of the millions of small businesses that would pop up to fill the demand?
    Who's going to sign on to sell crack cocaine and methamphetamine, do you think, hmmmm? And who would ever be so stupid as to legalize them?

  2. #82
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You're saying they'd rampage around the United States in pursuit of the millions of small businesses that would pop up to fill the demand?
    I wouldn't put it past them but I don't think it will be millions of small businesses growing pot.

    I am sure it will be more centralized and controled than that.

    I hope not but to take that much money away from a cartel like that will have consequences.

    Do you have any experience with the cartels inMexico to have come by your opinions of them?

  3. #83
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Who's going to sign on to sell crack cocaine and methamphetamine, do you think, hmmmm? And who would ever be so stupid as to legalize them?
    We're having one of those "assume a spherical cow of uniform density" arguments. The Federal government will never give up all the power and money it's farmed off the war on drugs.

    In my spherical-cow-of-uniform-density world, the government would legalize all drugs, establish purity standards, tax sales, and use education and treatment to fight abuse.

    Education seems to work pretty well when it comes to sex, why not responsible drug use?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    We're having one of those "assume a spherical cow of uniform density" arguments. The Federal government will never give up all the power and money it's farmed off the war on drugs.
    Do you think it is possible to use methamphetamine or crack responsibly?

  5. #85
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them but I don't think it will be millions of small businesses growing pot.

    I am sure it will be more centralized and controled than that.

    I hope not but to take that much money away from a cartel like that will have consequences.

    Do you have any experience with the cartels inMexico to have come by your opinions of them?
    So we leave them in charge and do not starve them out because we fear them? let them move on and fight over the counterfeit prada purse business and run a few numbers rackets until the soldiers all fade and there are a fraction of criminals left fighting over crumbs.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  6. #86
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Who's going to sign on to sell crack cocaine and methamphetamine, do you think, hmmmm? And who would ever be so stupid as to legalize them?
    those who would be stupid enough to legalize those drugs are the ones who feel that we can curb usage and treat our drug problems better by targeting our resources towards education, controlled distribution, and treatment instead of throwing resources at a manufactured criminal problem

    edit because I forgot one crucial thing that expands on the controlled distribution aspect; the all important delaying age of first use that could never happen with a black market distribution
    Last edited by marduc; 10-31-10 at 12:38 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  7. #87
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    So we leave them in charge and do not starve them out because we fear them? let them move on and fight over the counterfeit prada purse business and run a few numbers rackets until the soldiers all fade and there are a fraction of criminals left fighting over crumbs.
    How do you fight against people that would go into a childs birthday party and kill 11 people from 11 to 20 years of age?

    Do you think they care about the border?

  8. #88
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them but I don't think it will be millions of small businesses growing pot.
    Given how many jobs are created and fueled by small business activity, I have to disagree with you here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Do you have any experience with the cartels inMexico to have come by your opinions of them?
    No, since I do not live in Mexico nor anywhere near the Mexican border, I have no first-hand experience with the Mexican cartels. My opinion is based on common sense and my understanding of the history of organized crime in the United States. I do not believe that the basic physics of organized crime change when you cross the border, and I will not believe any argument that is based on such an assertion.

    If your argument is that there's a different of magnitude, that I'd buy on the basis of economics.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #89
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    How do you fight against people that would go into a childs birthday party and kill 11 people from 11 to 20 years of age?

    Do you think they care about the border?
    You starve them, you don't let them continue to kill people at a party unchecked because you fear them
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  10. #90
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Do you think it is possible to use methamphetamine or crack responsibly?
    Possible? Sure.

    Likely? No.

    I prefer to give people an appropriate education on the subject and then let them make an informed decision.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •