Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 132

Thread: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at s

  1. #101
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,487

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Never heard it.
    I have heard cops say someone needs to be in prison (you know, repeat offenders). But never that they were going to put them there.
    You are right. Cops don't put people in prison. Police only have the role of investigating an incident to the best of their ability/limits to ensure that the case can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, if there is a case.



    And you are free to view it however you like.
    However,

    Lie = Perjury.
    Steal = Larceny.

    No case is worth ruining your career and family life over.

    Cheat? Im confused by what you mean, if your statement was made with any seriousness beyond, "I hate cops."
    Caine, the supreme court has upheld that a cop can lie to a suspect but it is a crime for the suspect to lie to a cop. Cops are professional liars, mostly trying to get a person to admit to something whether they did it or not.

    As police officers are agents of the state, they take private property from people all the tiem. For example, let's take a car. The officer knows that when he has a car towed, the owner will probably not get it back. The towing fee and high storage becomes too much for normal people to be able to pay and they lose the car.

    You can say that you didn't do that when you were an officer but it happens all the time.
    Last edited by Mason66; 10-31-10 at 02:54 PM.

  2. #102
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    If it is, does the exchange rate between Dollars and Pesos make it easy for the cartels to buy whoever they will buy at a low rate relative to their profits on the sale of contraband? I don't think the exchange rate has anything to do with it. Dollars are brought into Mexico, however at this point they can't be exchanged for pesos anywhere, banks have stopped accepting even small amounts of dollars and the local businesses that did accept dollars, like super markets, will no longer accept them. Not even a casino here will accept dollars. This is all in repsonse to drug money coming in. I know it hurts the cartels as they can't do anything with the money as far as buying anything. No cars, houses or even food.
    That doesn't make any sense. If the cartels are being paid in dollars, they had to have figured out a way to either spend those dollars or turn them into something they can spend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    If it does, is it your argument that their bottom line will never be hurt enough to stop them, since we'd be cutting into their profits but not reducing their operating budget? [COLOR="red"]I am going to answer this way. It all depends on the government. It will depend onthe government how fast and from where the stash comes from. If the goverenment puts so many regulation on the growers of pot, like they do with everything else, then most people won't even try to get into it.
    I think the fact that, as a nation, we're able to grow and distribute affordable food and non-patented medicines is proof that we could (in theory) regulate the production and sale of recreational drugs without defeating the purpose of legalization.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #103
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,201

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    It is a dirty business and please never think that common sense will prevail, as it is non-existent in Mexico


    This statement intrests me.... I wonder if you would expand on it? Examples of how this is true, not only in regards to this particular problem but to life in Mexico in general, would be of intrest. TIA.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #104
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,487

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    This statement intrests me.... I wonder if you would expand on it? Examples of how this is true, not only in regards to this particular problem but to life in Mexico in general, would be of intrest. TIA.
    Ok I will give you a few examples off the top of my head.

    Kids walking home from school 3 or 4 across in the street. Common sense would tell you they would move when a car comes but they don't.

    Parking a car where another car can't get by on the street. They just don't care.

    Tey willstop their car with no thought for any other driver, in the middle of the street, on a small street, and then they get upset if you want to get by.

    Unfortunately with how things are right now, you can't use your horn or anything because you don't know who they are.

    For example, a friend of mine was walking home from the gym. He was walking on the sidewalk and a car came by and almost hit him, all the way on he right. He yelled at the car, of course. The car came back, they guy pulled out his gun and asked him what he said. You never know who you are dealing with so to stay alive, it is wise to go around.

    If I thiunk of more I will post them.

  5. #105
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,487

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. If the cartels are being paid in dollars, they had to have figured out a way to either spend those dollars or turn them into something they can spend.



    I think the fact that, as a nation, we're able to grow and distribute affordable food and non-patented medicines is proof that we could (in theory) regulate the production and sale of recreational drugs without defeating the purpose of legalization.
    That doesn't make any sense. If the cartels are being paid in dollars, they had to have figured out a way to either spend those dollars or turn them into something they can spend. - The rules have just come into existence in the last 2 weeks or so. The crack down was fast and without warning. I am not sure whast they are going to do, but I think the government here thinks like you, to starve them out. If they can't spend the dollars they will stop bringing them in. I am not sure if that will work but it has just started so we have to see if it will have some affect.


    I think the fact that, as a nation, we're able to grow and distribute affordable food and non-patented medicines is proof that we could (in theory) regulate the production and sale of recreational drugs without defeating the purpose of legalization. This may be true however it takes many years for the fda to do anything. There are pestacides that are used on pot and I am sure everything will be regulated.

  6. #106
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,201

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Ok I will give you a few examples off the top of my head.

    Kids walking home from school 3 or 4 across in the street. Common sense would tell you they would move when a car comes but they don't.

    Parking a car where another car can't get by on the street. They just don't care.

    Tey willstop their car with no thought for any other driver, in the middle of the street, on a small street, and then they get upset if you want to get by.

    Unfortunately with how things are right now, you can't use your horn or anything because you don't know who they are.

    For example, a friend of mine was walking home from the gym. He was walking on the sidewalk and a car came by and almost hit him, all the way on he right. He yelled at the car, of course. The car came back, they guy pulled out his gun and asked him what he said. You never know who you are dealing with so to stay alive, it is wise to go around.

    If I thiunk of more I will post them.

    I am reminded of the Prisoner's Dilemma and how it relates to societal norms. I have heard it said by others, who have lived in Mexico or South America, that most cultures in those regions have not achieved anything like an optimal solution culturally to that Dilemma.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #107
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. If the cartels are being paid in dollars, they had to have figured out a way to either spend those dollars or turn them into something they can spend. - The rules have just come into existence in the last 2 weeks or so. The crack down was fast and without warning. I am not sure whast they are going to do, but I think the government here thinks like you, to starve them out. If they can't spend the dollars they will stop bringing them in. I am not sure if that will work but it has just started so we have to see if it will have some affect.
    Okay, now that makes a lot more sense, thank you.

    Are there places (specific banks, for example) where someone could bring in a commodity like gold and sell it to the bank for currency? In my area, there are three banks that will buy and sell $50 gold coins (which are, of course, worth a lot more than $50 because of the amount of gold in each coin).
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,487

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Okay, now that makes a lot more sense, thank you.

    Are there places (specific banks, for example) where someone could bring in a commodity like gold and sell it to the bank for currency? In my area, there are three banks that will buy and sell $50 gold coins (which are, of course, worth a lot more than $50 because of the amount of gold in each coin).
    I am not sure about the gold coins. there are pawn shops everywhere that will buy gold. I don't see the cartels dealing with gold. it is too heavy and hard to deal with.

  9. #109
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Well, they're going to find some way of bringing their profits home. Gold was just my first idea.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Caine, the supreme court has upheld that a cop can lie to a suspect but it is a crime for the suspect to lie to a cop. Cops are professional liars, mostly trying to get a person to admit to something whether they did it or not.
    Its a crime for a suspect to lie to a cop? Wow. I never heard that one before.
    Lie about your name? Yes it is a crime. Lie about what you did? No, thats not a crime.
    Cops are not professional liars. You are a professional cop hater.

    As police officers are agents of the state, they take private property from people all the tiem. For example, let's take a car. The officer knows that when he has a car towed, the owner will probably not get it back. The towing fee and high storage becomes too much for normal people to be able to pay and they lose the car.
    What you talk of is called clearing the highway. Can't leave a vehicle parked all caddy wompus in the lane of travel. The officer does not "know" that someone is too poor to afford 100 bucks to go get their vehicle out of the towing yard. Where do you come off thinking you KNOW what an officer is thinking and its always evil and deceitful. Do you realize how pathetic this sounds?


    You can say that you didn't do that when you were an officer but it happens all the time.
    And you can say your not a police hater who doesn't like getting caught breaking the law, but you sound just like one.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •