Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 132

Thread: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at s

  1. #91
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,449

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Given how many jobs are created and fueled by small business activity, I have to disagree with you here.



    No, since I do not live in Mexico nor anywhere near the Mexican border, I have no first-hand experience with the Mexican cartels. My opinion is based on common sense and my understanding of the history of organized crime in the United States. I do not believe that the basic physics of organized crime change when you cross the border, and I will not believe any argument that is based on such an assertion.

    If your argument is that there's a different of magnitude, that I'd buy on the basis of economics.
    I am in Mexico. In Sinaloa. I heard shots about an hour ago but I will have to wait until the morning to see what happened.

    The police are scared and do not come out when you call so we are on our own.

    I have to be careful where I go, when I go and what car I drive.

    I can't go to any gathering of any kind, just in case there is a bad person there.

    These people are animals and they think with an animals brain.

    There is no code of ethics like the US mob had. I don't think they can be starved out.

    They will find their way in to the business, likely by force, as that is the only thing they know.

    Think back to the 20s and 30 and to the businesses that didnt want to do business with them. What happened to thoses businesses and owners?

    I am sure something like that will happen again.

    Like I said it all depends on what happens on Tuesday so we will wait for the vote.

  2. #92
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Yeah, I dunno if legalization of pot (and only pot) in California (and only in California) will be a sufficiently large shift in US drug policy to be a suitable experiment for answering that question.

    At any rate, while organized crime in the US had (on its face, anyway) a set of rules in the beginning, it mainly doesn't anymore.

    The reason that there are certain things organized criminals generally won't do here in this day and age isn't because they aren't animals or they have restraint or anything like that -- I'm not making a judgement of them either way, understand -- it's because the ratio of profit to risk is insufficient.

    My belief is that this is why the cartels wouldn't wage war on domestic producers here if drugs were made legal. They'd be bringing down too much heat on themselves for too little gain.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #93
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I am in Mexico. In Sinaloa.
    You know, since you live there I should be asking you questions rather than arguing with you. Here goes:

    My understanding is that a cartel controls a town by bribing whoever it is worthwhile to bribe, hiring whoever it is worthwhile to hire, and scaring everyone else into submission. Is that about right?

    If it is, does the exchange rate between Dollars and Pesos make it easy for the cartels to buy whoever they will buy at a low rate relative to their profits on the sale of contraband?

    If it does, is it your argument that their bottom line will never be hurt enough to stop them, since we'd be cutting into their profits but not reducing their operating budget?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Deuce, he was asking me about that last comment.

    Caine, you can't tel me you have never heard a cop say he was going to put someone in prison.
    Never heard it.
    I have heard cops say someone needs to be in prison (you know, repeat offenders). But never that they were going to put them there.
    You are right. Cops don't put people in prison. Police only have the role of investigating an incident to the best of their ability/limits to ensure that the case can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, if there is a case.



    A cop is a cog in a huge money making machine, they are the front line that gets the wheels moving. A cop is allowed by law to lie cheat and steal to make his case against somebody and you know what they say about ultimate power.
    And you are free to view it however you like.
    However,

    Lie = Perjury.
    Steal = Larceny.

    No case is worth ruining your career and family life over.

    Cheat? Im confused by what you mean, if your statement was made with any seriousness beyond, "I hate cops."
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    In my experience if you don't talk to the officer when you are getting a ticket, then plead not guilty, he probably won't remember the ticket when it gets to court. He gives out so many tickets, it is hard to remember them all.

    If you make a big fuss, he will take notes and crush you in court, however if you don't make yourself memorable, he will have better things to do.

    It has worked for me, I would say, 90% of the time.
    This is true.
    Jack asses who are rude and obnoxious ARE memorable.
    People who are polite and courteous, at least with me, always get a reduction in what I charge them with vs what they were actually doing.

    When referring to speeding in particular. Folks who aren't stubborn jack asses usually get a reduction to 9mph over, even though I won't even bother writing said ticket unless they were actually going 15 over.

    Auto Insurance companies typically ignore any speeding violation charge that is less than 10mph over.

    The state is already bad enough with jacking up the court costs (NC raised it again in October), the insurance industry doesn't need to get theirs too.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I would like to introduce you to this fascinating invention that permits finite climate control, encouraging the growth of finicky plants in what would otherwise be hostile conditions.



    People can be amazingly creative and studious where profit is involved. Observe!

    How to Grow Marijuana Indoor and Outdoor
    Heh. Yep.
    With the right care and equipment, this stuff can be grown indoors almost anywhere.

    We busted up a grow operation in a freaking apartment once. Dude had like 8 pounds growing in an apartments with fans and lights and fertilizers and all.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #97
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    marijuana is a weed it grows anywhere, any closet, flower pot, greenhouse, and about 3 months will do.. in fact it is preferable to grow it indoors to avoid pollination and seeds.

    You really think we need acreage on the scale of even one county in nebraska to supply it? what about all that acreage we waste on corn and wheat for alcohol -- ohh yeah that is negligible too despite an order of magnitude more demand for that.
    I know someone who use to be a part of scout-unit.
    They'd fly around the state and, from the air, investigate fields - locate outdoor marijuana crops - and then call up a unit to come out, claim and destroy them (by cutting and burning).

    It's a 24/7/365 job only possible because people plant them *outside*
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #98
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I know someone who use to be a part of scout-unit.
    They'd fly around the state and, from the air, investigate fields - locate outdoor marijuana crops - and then call up a unit to come out, claim and destroy them (by cutting and burning).

    It's a 24/7/365 job only possible because people plant them *outside*
    I never said anything about it NOT growing outside, it grows all over the place, Kentucky, California, Alaska, Maine, Florida, you name it it can grow there, which emphasizes my point stated in the first line of my post you quoted "marijuana is a weed it grows anywhere".

    Ideally in a legal environment Marijuana would be grown indoors (greenhouse), for quality (very important in undermining the black market that legal product superior) and safety (to keep kids, and to a lesser extent adults or those who may want to do harm from strolling onto a field and grabbing a bud or threatening the grower). This does not meant that it cannot, is not, or will not be grown outdoors.
    Last edited by marduc; 10-31-10 at 02:00 PM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  9. #99
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Who's going to sign on to sell crack cocaine and methamphetamine, do you think, hmmmm? And who would ever be so stupid as to legalize them?



    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Do you think it is possible to use methamphetamine or crack responsibly?

    You have a point there.


    From what I've seen, crack and meth are problem drugs. They are terribly toxic. They make marijuana look like mineral water, in terms of what they do to the heavy user.

    Not only that, but the difference in how the users behave when under the influence.

    Potheads are rarely any trouble when under the influence, as long as they don't get behind the wheel. They mostly get calm and lethargic, and keep the company that makes Doritos in business.

    People on crack and meth, stimulants, are more likely to go out and stir around, and cause trouble. They get restless and jumpy. Add impaired judgement on top of that and you've got a recipe for trouble.

    If crack and meth were legalized, who'd want to take the liability risks associated with producing and selling it? I don't know that it is possible to make crack and meth that isn't terribly toxic and dangerous, and remember the cigarette class-action lawsuits.

    Legalizing the possession, use, production and sales of pot is OK by me. Pot isn't any worse than booze. It would hurt the cartels and gangs, long-term, to some degree.

    Crack and meth, no, I don't think so. BUT, crack and meth are normally produced locally in small labs, rather than imported. Meth in particular. I think the cartels would have trouble in that regard, because the meth supply chain would not need them. The cartels might turn to heroin, but I don't know that that is such a big/profitable market as the weed market is.

    Hard to say without trying it.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #100
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,449

    Re: Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack Gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You know, since you live there I should be asking you questions rather than arguing with you. Here goes:

    My understanding is that a cartel controls a town by bribing whoever it is worthwhile to bribe, hiring whoever it is worthwhile to hire, and scaring everyone else into submission. Is that about right?

    If it is, does the exchange rate between Dollars and Pesos make it easy for the cartels to buy whoever they will buy at a low rate relative to their profits on the sale of contraband?

    If it does, is it your argument that their bottom line will never be hurt enough to stop them, since we'd be cutting into their profits but not reducing their operating budget?
    My understanding is that a cartel controls a town by bribing whoever it is worthwhile to bribe, hiring whoever it is worthwhile to hire, and scaring everyone else into submission. Is that about right? - The cartel bribes everybody. If the official does not accept the money, like the police cheif here in Los Mochis, they kidnapped his son, cut off a few fingers and then the cheif accepted the money, all the money he had been offererd from day 1. They really do not have a choice if they have any kind of family or friends. The did return his son less a few parts.



    If it is, does the exchange rate between Dollars and Pesos make it easy for the cartels to buy whoever they will buy at a low rate relative to their profits on the sale of contraband? I don't think the exchange rate has anything to do with it. Dollars are brought into Mexico, however at this point they can't be exchanged for pesos anywhere, banks have stopped accepting even small amounts of dollars and the local businesses that did accept dollars, like super markets, will no longer accept them. Not even a casino here will accept dollars. This is all in repsonse to drug money coming in. I know it hurts the cartels as they can't do anything with the money as far as buying anything. No cars, houses or even food.

    If it does, is it your argument that their bottom line will never be hurt enough to stop them, since we'd be cutting into their profits but not reducing their operating budget? I am going to answer this way. It all depends on the government. It will depend onthe government how fast and from where the stash comes from. If the goverenment puts so many regulation on the growers of pot, like they do with everything else, then most people won't even try to get into it. I think there will be a place for the cartel to sell their product, but I am not sure they will be able to do it in a legal way. They do not work well with others. What the cartel does is not driven totally by profit. I understand they were looking for a rat at the kids birthday party yelling RATA the whole time they were killing the kids, but the killing did not help their bottom line. They have also pledged to kill 135 people for the 134 kilos of pot the police seized and burned. They have killed twice now, once in Ciudad Juarez and another time in Tepic. All the people have been from rehab, I am guessing the cartel is upset the people no longer use drugs. The revenge killings do no help their bottom line but they are doing it anyway.

    It is a dirty business and please never think that common sense will prevail, as it is non-existent in Mexico

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •